Do you think cheating is a problem in this game and if so what is being done about it?

PotentMilk

Hello! 

Long time gamer here. I have been playing PC games since Windows 3.1. I'm old, but I'm really expsrienced with online gaming. Needless to say, this game is awesome. I love it, but I have some opinions and questions based on my first many hours of gameplay. 

1.) Question and some opinion: 

I think this game has almost no way of holding cheaters accountable, or system for BattleState to follow up on their actions against cheaters. I have played PUBG since it was a crappy early release. That game has a serious cheating problem, but it seems to have a semi-functional anti-cheating system.  Sadly, I'm starting to think Tarkov is worse. 

I notice that I get killed nearly instantly no matter how how high tier / effective armor I have. I cannot reproduce these types of kills on other PMCs. Even with excellent ammo that is strategically stacked to shred armor, then meat. Raiders, SCAVS and bosses I can melt all day, but PMCs it has been near impossible. 

Additionally, I have been killed numerous times with no player anywhere near me? I know this because I commonly play with a team mate who has watched me die from distant and near locations, survived to be killed without ever seeing the killer. Or hearing them nearby? Sometimes the shots sound point blank with no player in sight or sound?!?!?

Recently we had been killed near instantly by a player  who new our exact location and orientation in a rocky, heavily brushed area with us being many yards apart, and very well covered. Said player new my Mates exact location down below despite seeing only my original location. My team mate was covered from the attackers angle and he could not have known his location by line of sight alone. It was physically impossible based on his position in a dark crevice on an opposing side. This player pre-aimed and killed him instantly. He then scaled the side of the rocky cliff and made a straight line for my location, and despite being concealed near completely and significantly  away from my original position where I was spotted , he came directly for me and killed me instantly. I was tier 5 everything. This happened within 5-6 seconds of killing my team mate. There is no possible way for any human to kill us that fast, and that accurately without knowing our EXACT location.

Additionally, tonight, I crept up on a player who was completely unaware of my location, unaware I was near him and I undoubtably landed 2 headsets from the side, then I fired wildly in hopes of killing him. He ran past 2 scavs, and I heard multiple shotgun blasts from the 2 scavs, who I then killed, only to find him in a corner of the building, unloaded on me and I died.

There is absolutely no possible way  he could have absorbed all that fire without at bare minimum: 

A.) Moving slower due to injury. 

B.) Bleeding. There was no blood trail whatsoever. 

C.) Running out in the open while I shot the SVAVS to get where he was huddled. 

Now, I was using a SKS with iron sights. But I have melted many scavs with one shot easily with that weapon. Plus, the player was so unaware of my existence, I had the time to line up the shot perfectly. I have no doubt I hit him. 

So, enough whining. Give me the benefit of the doubt here and let's say these are all definitely Cheaters. What is battlestate doing to squash this problem and how are they doing it consistently/reliably? How are they preventing it from occurring? 

Basically, can someone make a convincing argument that cheaters can, and will be banned for cheating? If not, why am I wasting my time and money trying to play a forever unregulated game? 

Hello!

Escape from Tarkov uses the same anti-cheat system provider as PUBG, which is BattlEye, I also played that game and even now the cheating problem is big, you can find a cheater in almost every round, while in Tarkov cheaters are actually rare, I play since 2019 and got over 2000 hours in this game and I am not sure if I encountered more than 10 hackers in all this time, but this doesn't mean they don't exist, they do exist in every multiplayer game.

Even if you have decent armor you have to understand that at this point in the wipe people are using good AP ammo that will in most cases get through after 1 or 2 bullets or some of them even penetrating instantly, and you are most likely going to die after 3, maximum 4 shots on the thorax, even 2 if people are using M61, if you would use good ammo you will see that it will happen the same for you, not only for them.

It is normal to get killed and not hear anything, people are using suppressors and maybe you got shot from a distance..

There are so many variables in a fight like this, maybe he heard you, even see you, because hiding in a bush means you are concealed, not covered and maybe you were not completely hidden in his POV, also class 5 armor doesn't guarantee you will survive much longer if the enemy is using decent ammo like M855A1, M62, BP (7.62x39) not even talking about M995, M61 which would totally ignore your class 5 armor.

A.) Maybe he had a painkiller active

B.) Not every shot guarantees a bleeding, ammo has a % of causing light/heavy bleeding

C.) Maybe he just moved faster and the scavs were not looking at his trajectory in that small window of sprinting

You should give them the benefit of the doubt, it doesn't work as you said, a player is innocent until proven guilty, just as in real life, your part of the job is reporting them with proof, BSG has banned a lot of people for cheating, meaning that the system is efficient and they will always do whatever they can to prevent hackers to play the game since is in their interest to do so.

In my opinion, cheating in EFT is not as big of a problem as it is in other games like PUBG, COD, CS:GO. You can barely find cheaters in EFT, meanwhile you will encounter hackers in the games mentioned above in almost every match.

I wish you good luck in Tarkov! I hope I helped you understand some things!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

it kinda depends on what server and specially, on what map you are  playing. On EU server and Customs map, almost never a cheater. Russian or Asian, specially chinese server and Labs, probably the only one not cheating are the raiders^^

What they do against cheater, i cant say. All i know is, BSG gave almost every position about cheating to battle eye. So bsg is literally doing nothing against cheater, they focus on the game overall but cheating isnt their problem "anymore", which i find kinda delusional, but whatever...

My 2 cents about the cheating problem is, if we atleast would get a killcam, maybe after your whole squad is dead or maybe after the whole raid is over, would make a big difference and also the reportings would be lets ay 95% properly. Right now, every dingo press report after he gets a suspicious headshot, even when it was absolutely legit, but for you it must be a cheater... I even think the report button is an empty link, just to calm you down and let you think "you did something against cheater"^^.

Beside that, cheaters will always be a problem, in every game, its just sad in an escape from tarkov the death is more grievous than in other games like warzone. But hey, at least we are getting the 23958th ak variation, which is nice, not?

• Upvote 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb sherifu:

... while in Tarkov cheaters are actually rare ...

🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Anyone who tells you cheating in this game is not a problem is delusional.  Any competitive shooter will have significant amounts of cheaters.  The developers have taken a lazy approach to anti-cheat as it has monetarily benefitted them to allow people to cheat, get "banned" and buy new accounts to increase profits.

If they were interested in helping the player base, they would use something akin to Vanguard which is always on and loads before the OS.  It's extremely difficult to bypass, continually has to be updated and cannot be shut off or the game will not run.  It boggles my mind why BSG has not adopted this.  They wouldn't even adopt 2 step authenticators because they didn't want to lose sales from people who don't own phones.

Honestly, the cheaters are assholes, but BSG are the bigger assholes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sherifu said:

Escape from Tarkov uses the same anti-cheat system provider as PUBG, which is BattlEye, I also played that game and even now the cheating problem is big, you can find a cheater in almost every round, while in Tarkov cheaters are actually rare, I play since 2019 and got over 2000 hours in this game and I am not sure if I encountered more than 10 hackers in all this time, but this doesn't mean they don't exist, they do exist in every multiplayer game.

OP this is complete hog wash and I will inform you now as to why due to this users ignorance on network security. Currently packet encryption isn't 100% functional. You can see this by selecting a packet with Wireshark and decoding the packet to see if a SSL/TLS connection is there.  At the moment some raids seem to have them and some don't. Which allows radar user to go undetected most of the time. What makes it worst is since this game is client authoritative they can essentially use all packets the client receives to see when players extract, loot, player positions and even elevation. That an since they mirror the traffic from one PC to another they can seemingly go undetected until BSG addresses it. (which they most likely wont because they arent willing to invest the resources)

In my opinion, cheating in EFT is not as big of a problem as it is in other games like PUBG, COD, CS:GO. You can barely find cheaters in EFT, meanwhile you will encounter hackers in the games mentioned above in almost every match.

OP, if anyone ever says something like this without any idea as to what goes into the security of a game please question it. PUBG, COD, and CS GO not only have done more in their early stages to prevent cheating (PUBG's bolstered their netcode within the first couple years of their beta stages and added in game playback features) but also do something very important. They have secure SSL/TLS connections between you and their games server and have SERVER SIDE CHECKS. Tarkov has a major security flaw as their game is completely client sided. Lag switching is very real and is happening to players alot more often than they want to believe. Ever get in a firefight and your enemy just stays put for a brief moment and you fall over. Must be desync correct? Well it may, but more often than not it is a player with a lag switch. This game is filled with discords and discords of cheaters advertising their game openly as they laugh in open forums about Tarkovs security. This game is littered with cheaters due to BSG's negligence.

Escape from Tarkov uses the same anti-cheat system provider as PUBG, which is BattlEye

Just to touch back to this. BattleEye is essentially a fancy lock. If the door its designed to defend isn't reinforced (netcode, packet encryptions, server side checks) then it will essentially be useless.

• Upvote 1

Cheaters are rare?  Who told you that lie?  I'm honestly wondering if they just did another sale because today has been nothing but head/eyes through cover.  Just got killed by another scav player that shot me through trees and bushes.  He couldn't see me because I couldn't see his ass, just his tracer bullets.  Giving this trash game a break until they do something about 1. The ducking hackers and 2. The new COD style play that has been going around.  Seriously not worth the time to play with long load times just to be killed by someone bunny hopping across the map.  At least in PUBG/COD/Apex/ANYOTHER ducking GAME NOT EFT you can quickly get back into matches, possibly even actually have some fun and not have the toxic community that this game has.  If they really want to make a realistic military simulation game they need to remove the skill leveling and just make everyone equal stats and keep the stamina bars.  In real life a soldier carrying any gear is not going to be running like an Olympic athlete.  Even their favorite streamers have been bitching about how easy the game is once you get elite endurance/strength and how bored they are with it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Cheating a problem? Yes, definitely yes. Some regions seem to have it worse than others though. 

Edited by Overkill_Reaper

I have 2250 hours and a few hundred raids on each map. In my peak playtime I played 6-8 hours a day for a few months (previous wipe). March 2020 to September 2020 I played 6-8 hours a day because of COVID lockdown and not much else to do.
Even in this time I would see at most a few hackers a month. Maximum 1-2 per week. On Labs I saw 1 every 3 or 4 raids but that is Labs...

If you ask any top streamer who plays 10+ hours a day such as Pestily, LVNDMARK, Robn, and so on they will ALL second these statistics. They play much more than I did and still only see maximum 1-2 per week... despite the fact that they are playing 60+ hours per week...

On top of this BSG is clearly banning most of them and putting more systems in place to track and prevent cheating.

Compared to games like CS:GO, Unturned, and R6Siege... this game has way less cheating... by far...

Most of the people in this game who cry about cheaters tend to be very average or poor players who either fail to realize some mechanics, get outplayed, and/or complain every time an enemy just got lucky. The fact that all the top players and streamers who play 60+ hours a week see BARELY ANY cheaters says a lot...

• Upvote 2

@davidj123456@sherifu both of you need to quite frankly stop speaking. 

Hackers prevalence highly relies on what server you play on, and what map you play on. Maybe you have got lucky and the server/maps you play on do not have very many hackers. Completely possible. That does not mean it is the exact same for everyone else. 

Hackers go in waves from what I have seen. I generally play Denver/Dallas. There are certain weeks on Interchange where every 2-3 raids I am running into a hacker. Then another week I will not run into a single hacker at all. I have even had a 2 week period where Labs had absolutely no hackers. They were all making more money killing Rashalla on Customs because their guards had a 30% chance to drop a slick. After that got a silent nerf they returned to Labs. 

Take a week and start swapping servers on the US. Play California, Miami, New York and Washington DC for a bit trying each map. I quite literally guarantee you will run into a hacker.  

If you are not running into hackers it is frankly because you are running under geared. Higher end hacks show what gear and gun you are running. So if you are running a pistol, hatchet or some shitty gun they are not even going to bother killing you. You are one additional report and they get nothing out of killing you. 

To sit there and claim it is because other players are bad is ignorant and rude. Fact is streamers constantly run into hackers. You have to realize the most prevalent hack is ESP. ESP does not help you aim. Most of the streamers you mentioned are top notch players with a significant amount of experience who are difficult to beat even if you have ESP/radar.

Aimbot is one of the most rare hacks I personally run into. ESP is a lot more prevalent. 

Yesterday alone I ran into 4 hackers. 1 was using both aimbot and ESP. The other 3 were using ESP. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, davidj123456 said:

I have 2250 hours and a few hundred raids on each map. In my peak playtime I played 6-8 hours a day for a few months (previous wipe). March 2020 to September 2020 I played 6-8 hours a day because of COVID lockdown and not much else to do.
Even in this time I would see at most a few hackers a month. Maximum 1-2 per week. On Labs I saw 1 every 3 or 4 raids but that is Labs...

If you ask any top streamer who plays 10+ hours a day such as Pestily, LVNDMARK, Robn, and so on they will ALL second these statistics. They play much more than I did and still only see maximum 1-2 per week... despite the fact that they are playing 60+ hours per week...

On top of this BSG is clearly banning most of them and putting more systems in place to track and prevent cheating.

Compared to games like CS:GO, Unturned, and R6Siege... this game has way less cheating... by far...

Most of the people in this game who cry about cheaters tend to be very average or poor players who either fail to realize some mechanics, get outplayed, and/or complain every time an enemy just got lucky. The fact that all the top players and streamers who play 60+ hours a week see BARELY ANY cheaters says a lot...

While I agree with most of this, there's some important things to consider:

First is that streamers play on specific servers at specific times.  This is especially true when they want to post videos for content.  They purposefully stay away from peak hours and play on low population servers.  Pestily is a great example as he plays on an already low pop server in Australia and he has openly stated he plays during off peak hours.  Other people can do this too, but it should not be necessary to have to play in the middle of the night equivalent or choose to go to a server in another time zone with a worse ping with the hopes of getting a legitimate labs experience.

Outside of that, I don't agree BSG is doing much more to permanently address cheaters* (edited).  When I do run into a cheater (agreed usually on labs), 9/10 times when I look up the name they are one of 4-5 pre-existing accounts with 1 number changed or a L changed to a 1.  BSG does not do anything significant other than state they banned x amount of people per month but the reality is these same people buy new accounts multiple times which lines BSG pockets and nets them profit exceeding what the anti-cheat cost.  Implementing a new anti-cheat or utilizing proper resources to improve the pre-existing one is truly necessary if they want to limit cheating.

Edited by traumacode

vor 1 Stunde schrieb davidj123456:

If you ask any top streamer

You can be 102% sure cheaters try to avoid big streamers. they can see what you have on, they can see whats the worth of your stuff and also they can see your name and you can be 102% sure they avoid to kill big streamers ;)

I never really thought about cheaters being in my games, but just now I was waiting at the D-2 exit and suddenly I hear a gunshot from really far away and it hit the wall to my right at D-2 (while underground) a second later. 

1 hour ago, Evilwayz said:

@davidj123456@sherifu both of you need to quite frankly stop speaking. 

Hackers prevalence highly relies on what server you play on, and what map you play on. Maybe you have got lucky and the server/maps you play on do not have very many hackers. Completely possible. That does not mean it is the exact same for everyone else. 

Hackers go in waves from what I have seen. I generally play Denver/Dallas. There are certain weeks on Interchange where every 2-3 raids I am running into a hacker. Then another week I will not run into a single hacker at all. I have even had a 2 week period where Labs had absolutely no hackers. They were all making more money killing Rashalla on Customs because their guards had a 30% chance to drop a slick. After that got a silent nerf they returned to Labs. 

Take a week and start swapping servers on the US. Play California, Miami, New York and Washington DC for a bit trying each map. I quite literally guarantee you will run into a hacker.  

If you are not running into hackers it is frankly because you are running under geared. Higher end hacks show what gear and gun you are running. So if you are running a pistol, hatchet or some shitty gun they are not even going to bother killing you. You are one additional report and they get nothing out of killing you. 

To sit there and claim it is because other players are bad is ignorant and rude. Fact is streamers constantly run into hackers. You have to realize the most prevalent hack is ESP. ESP does not help you aim. Most of the streamers you mentioned are top notch players with a significant amount of experience who are difficult to beat even if you have ESP/radar.

Aimbot is one of the most rare hacks I personally run into. ESP is a lot more prevalent. 

Yesterday alone I ran into 4 hackers. 1 was using both aimbot and ESP. The other 3 were using ESP. 

I play the same servers and somehow see barely any hackers...

LVNDMARK plays US servers too and sees barely any as well...

23 minutes ago, keyciraptor said:

You can be 102% sure cheaters try to avoid big streamers. they can see what you have on, they can see whats the worth of your stuff and also they can see your name and you can be 102% sure they avoid to kill big streamers ;)

Big streamers change their names when they can... and generally have names nothing to do with their streamer name... do all cheaters just keep a list of the top 50 streamers and their IGNs which change often and avoid them...

53 minutes ago, traumacode said:

While I agree with most of this, there's some important things to consider:

First is that streamers play on specific servers at specific times.  This is especially true when they want to post videos for content.  They purposefully stay away from peak hours and play on low population servers.  Pestily is a great example as he plays on an already low pop server in Australia and he has openly stated he plays during off peak hours.  Other people can do this too, but it should not be necessary to have to play in the middle of the night equivalent or choose to go to a server in another time zone with a worse ping with the hopes of getting a legitimate labs experience.

Outside of that, I don't agree BSG is doing much more to permanently address cheaters* (edited).  When I do run into a cheater (agreed usually on labs), 9/10 times when I look up the name they are one of 4-5 pre-existing accounts with 1 number changed or a L changed to a 1.  BSG does not do anything significant other than state they banned x amount of people per month but the reality is these same people buy new accounts multiple times which lines BSG pockets and nets them profit exceeding what the anti-cheat cost.  Implementing a new anti-cheat or utilizing proper resources to improve the pre-existing one is truly necessary if they want to limit cheating.

Then start playing on servers like the streamers do...

@EvilwayzYou are free to do the same. Copy the servers of LVNDMARK if you are NA or Robn if you are EU and they will disappear... or go to any other streamer who lives near your locaiton and copy them too...

@davidj123456 I already do, I was simply pointing out what you overlooked/neglected to post in your initial reply to the OP.  You clearly didn't read what I wrote, or you wouldn't have given such a misplaced response.

28 minutes ago, davidj123456 said:

I play the same servers and somehow see barely any hackers...

LVNDMARK plays US servers too and sees barely any as well...

Big streamers change their names when they can... and generally have names nothing to do with their streamer name... do all cheaters just keep a list of the top 50 streamers and their IGNs which change often and avoid them...

Then start playing on servers like the streamers do...

@EvilwayzYou are free to do the same. Copy the servers of LVNDMARK if you are NA or Robn if you are EU and they will disappear... or go to any other streamer who lives near your locaiton and copy them too...

This guy clearly read over my post and would rather cite a streamer than a 10 year network specialist.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AzureChimes said:

This guy clearly read over my post and would rather cite a streamer than a 10 year network specialist.

I read your reply. I would say its a problem if there were actually more cheaters in my raids...

Maybe BSG should spend more money on it pre-release... but why spend money rn when it is barely a problem...?

• Sad 2

You sure about that? I always use 1m+ kits and have the same experience as @sherifuand @davidj123456

12 win streak with this kit currently. Meta AKM, Slick + blackrock + Bastion w. Slaap and Raid Backpack is that under-geared?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, davidj123456 said:

I read your reply. I would say its a problem if there were actually more cheaters in my raids...

Maybe BSG should spend more money on it pre-release... but why spend money rn when it is barely a problem...?

Barely a problem? Is that some kind of a sick joke? Did you not read what I said and have illustrated to you from a networking standpoint? Not only that but the fact that its consistently being brought tot he forefront not only on here but the subreddit. You have to be some kind of delusional to say cheating is barely a problem where this is the only game I've played in my life where a single map (labs) is widely known amongst its community to avoid?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

You sure about that? I always use 1m+ kits and have the same experience as @sherifuand @davidj123456

12 win streak with this kit currently. Meta AKM, Slick + blackrock + Bastion w. Slaap and Raid Backpack is that under-geared?

Since day 2 of wipe I've been using nothing but meta gear...

8 minutes ago, AzureChimes said:

Barely a problem? Is that some kind of a sick joke? Did you not read what I said and have illustrated to you from a networking standpoint? Not only that but the fact that its consistently being brought tot he forefront not only on here but the subreddit. You have to be some kind of delusional to say cheating is barely a problem where this is the only game I've played in my life where a single map (labs) is widely known amongst its community to avoid?

Read what I said earlier about streamers as evidence. If there were more cheaters you would have people who play 60+ hours a week notice...

Even I do not notice man...

And honestly I think giving most of the existing cheaters 1 map to f*** off to is a pretty good solution

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Evilwayz said:

I am running meta-gear only since 3 wipes ago, playing with slicks, meta m4a1s/hks, blackjack and exfil helmets, I don't think that would be the case.

2 hours ago, Evilwayz said:

How can you be so sure you really encountered 4 hackers in one day.. and you also know for sure that they are using specific hacks like ESP and aimbot? I don't want to be rude as you just said in your reply, I am trying to see where are you coming from.

@AzureChimes I never said hackers are nonexistent, I just said they are less in EFT than in the games I mentioned, multiplayer games will only have this problem of people cheating, first we have to understand that in my opinion. 🙂

Edited by sherifu
  • Sad 1

I'm constantly run over by people who are able to pull headshots during full sprints into blind rooms knowing my exact location and orientation. I have multiple recordings showing ricochet sparks that would have been headshots had I not been inside and under a building prone under rubble perfectly concealed only to have their entire group converge on my location and pull some wanted style curve the bullet shot around the rubble.

My teammate and I were in two separate spots in dorms bathroom, not moving or making sound with the doors closed, player breaches door in full sprint and pulls 2 perfect headshots on me and my teammate, starting with my teammate who was a full 90 degrees to his right, I fired first hitting him 7 out of 9 times, my teammate second hitting him another 4 times only to have both of us killed in full gear.

Was prone in woods for 5 minutes in a bush behind some rocks watching a pmc in the distance only to have him headshot me with a 9mm pistol from a half mile away.

My character can't control his weapons at all while crouched, but my teammate and I are constantly getting mowed down by people in a full sprint who are able to spray.

I've bounced from server to server hoping for a half dead one that way I can complete my stupid quests without hacker interference but the combination of hackers and the d3d11.dll crashes and bugged extractions, I can't get anything done in this game...

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@TarkovCitizen4431498 @sherifu @davidj123456 You three must just be the luckiest players....or cheaters yourself. Either way I could care less. Cheating is a big problem on this game. Here is an example from yesterday. You tell me if this sounds legit. 

Running a 4 man on interchange. Now keep in mind I run my one friends stream on my 2nd monitor because he is terrible at callouts and I can just see what he is seeing rather than bothering to let him try to call something out. The other two players in the group we had record to see what happened after. 

I am back of Oli and just killed 2 players. This guy sprints directly at me what seems like coming from the middle of the map. My teammates are upstairs at Techlight. They hear him run past under them and call it out so I stay still. He seems to be sprinting to my side of Oli for what I figured was to go to extract at Emercon. As he gets to my corner he stops and prefires and starts shooting before he has vision of me. Fully prefires as he is coming around the corner and kills me. Pretty strange. 

Then my 3 teammates come to push him and hold angles around him. He proceeds to do the exact same thing to all three of them. Prefiring the exact corner they are at before he even has line of sight. All instant headshots. 

This same kind of thing happens to us multiple times a night. 

Who knows maybe I am the unlucky one. 

Regardless I have 10k+ hours in FPS games. I spent time on DayZ as an admin catching cheaters. There are things that become very obvious. ESP is very prevalent in Tarkov. Saying anything less is a disservice to the player base. 

Edit: Also as a side note stop using streamers as evidence of anything. They CONSTANTLY run into hackers and then proceed to recognize this and CHANGE servers. Sometimes hackers end up plaguing specific servers. Run into a hackers multiple games in a row...change servers...and no hackers for multiple games. This does not mean there are no hackers. Just means there are means to try and avoid them. That doesn't make the problem less prevalent.

Edited by Evilwayz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

@TarkovCitizen4431498 @sherifu @davidj123456 You three must just be the luckiest players....or cheaters yourself. Either way I could care less. Cheating is a big problem on this game. Here is an example from yesterday. You tell me if this sounds legit. 

Running a 4 man on interchange. Now keep in mind I run my one friends stream on my 2nd monitor because he is terrible at callouts and I can just see what he is seeing rather than bothering to let him try to call something out. The other two players in the group we had record to see what happened after. 

I am back of Oli and just killed 2 players. This guy sprints directly at me what seems like coming from the middle of the map. My teammates are upstairs at Techlight. They hear him run past under them and call it out so I stay still. He seems to be sprinting to my side of Oli for what I figured was to go to extract at Emercon. As he gets to my corner he stops and prefires and starts shooting before he has vision of me. Fully prefires as he is coming around the corner and kills me. Pretty strange. 

Then my 3 teammates come to push him and hold angles around him. He proceeds to do the exact same thing to all three of them. Prefiring the exact corner they are at before he even has line of sight. All instant headshots. 

This same kind of thing happens to us multiple times a night. 

Who knows maybe I am the unlucky one. 

Regardless I have 10k+ hours in FPS games. I spent time on DayZ as an admin catching cheaters. There are things that become very obvious. ESP is very prevalent in Tarkov. Saying anything less is a disservice to the player base. 

Edit: Also as a side note stop using streamers as evidence of anything. They CONSTANTLY run into hackers and then proceed to recognize this and CHANGE servers. Sometimes hackers end up plaguing specific servers. Run into a hackers multiple games in a row...change servers...and no hackers for multiple games. This does not mean there are no hackers. Just means there are means to try and avoid them. That doesn't make the problem less prevalent.

1. The fact he avoided your 3 friends and came straight to you means he had info on you. Maybe the PMCs you killed or whatever told him where you are, and he made an assumption that you would be looting. 

2. Game has sound... if he has ComTacs or any other decent headset he could probably hear your friends coming...

3. Generally with prefire desync is often an explanation too

If you've played FPS games you would probably know people prefire based on sound...

You yourself said in a previous thread you've only had EFT for a month. You are new. You don't know all the mechanics yet. Just because you got outplayed does not mean the enemy is cheating. Just because you are good at other FPSs does not mean you know all the mechanics of EFT.

One second you say youre a new player but the next second you pretend to know complicated things for certain about EFT... which one is it...?

The fact that multiple experienced players and streamers generally agree on this says something...

If the solution is as easy as switching servers you are welcome to do it too!

• Cold 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

EFT has a serious casual radar player problem. None of the cheaters are stupid enough to do that flying headshot aimbot/speedhack poo, they all use radar. Because EFT is a game with such unpredictable raids and such a short TTK, a cheater gains extremely little with CSGO type cheats such as aimbot etc. Radar is so much more discreet and powerful in a game like EFT. 

Stop referring to streamers as canaries in the coalmine when it comes to cheaters. All streamers have to play very aggressively in order to not get streamsniped because they give anybody the ability to see their screen. Because they stream and play aggressively, they can never ever claim that nobody knew they existed. A streamer is literally incapable of telling streamsniper from radar user. 

If you want to see radar cheaters, play like a deer hunter in the early morning. No sounds have been made, no prey has been alerted, the deer don't know the hunter exists. Find some nice little place to pull out an easel and paint and just wait for people to come to your happy little tree/patch of tall grass. My criteria for spotting a cheater is usually when I die ;). Because they could not have possibly known that I existed, yet they showed up carefully avoiding my firing angles to specifically kill/nade me. If they mortar my chest height grassy mound with nades I 100% know they are cheating. If they snipe me I usually call fair game because the FLIR's are as casual as a PK-06 late wipe. 

• Upvote 1