Suggestion: Option to Single Load Rifles

Sierra_113

To start off, I know you can load an individual round when there is not a mag in the rifle. But I am suggesting the ability to choose a round to load within the magazine selection when you hold the reload key. Similar to an SKS with a detachable magazine, where you can choose to change mags or top load rounds from pockets from a UI menu. 

When I bring a rifle I plan on using at range, I will usually bring two different types of ammunition for it. One for full-auto gunfights, and one for long range - high velocity/tracer. As it is now, to switch between the two, you either have to swap mags and deal with the chambered round or unload the individual round while the mag is out and feed a fresh one from the next mag. (Or dump the round after the new mag is in, but some ammo is expensive and worth picking back up... such as .338 AP)

Its more relevant with bolt guns with small magazines, where you may use a round to clean up scavs, then switch to something else for more penetration. Or even if you decide to go without a mag and load singles, you are unable to choose which rounds to load from pockets. (You also full cycle the bolt before loading another round by opening it again.)

I am sure its completely irrelevant to most people, as I have noticed that many don't use the advanced animations already. I appreciate the detail in the animations though, seems like it would just need a UI change since the animation is already there. I'm no dev 🤷‍♂️ 

Just an idea, not anything game changing. Not even sure if anyone else would use this feature. Opinions?