Crashing on Every Map Besides Factory

Ojpx0

On every map besides Factory, while loading into a raid, specifically the "Loading Loot" phase of loading into a raid, Tarkov drops in frames significantly and then it freezes, then eventually the game crashes and sends me back to the launcher asking me if I would like to report a bug. I have checked the integrity of the game files, I have reinstalled the game twice now on both of my hard drives. I will leave my PC specs below.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16302MB RAM
Page File: 8569MB used, 23732MB available

I had the same issue. I could play in offline mode fine for the most part but I couldn't play any map online unless it was in factory only. I did tons of research on google and finally managed to fix it but I tried so many different things that I cannot remember off the top of my head what I did to resolve the problem. 

If I remember correctly, it had something to do with my ram. Like I said, I don't remember the solution but this should help you find it. https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fixed-escape-from-tarkov-crashing-on-pc/

I didn't have to reset my computer, didn't have to install any third party programs, didn't have to buy any new parts for my computer or anything like that. So try to avoid any of those tips. But I'm pretty sure, on that website I linked, solution number 5 "Increase your virtual memory" is what solved it for me. But it could have been a combination of a few of them. I just remember something about that one being the last thing I did when my game finally started working properly. Btw my computer is quite old now and has similar specs to yours so you should be able to run it once you tweak a few things.

I feel your pain though. I spent hours.. no.. days.. maybe weeks.. trying to fix this problem and almost gave up several times. Hopefully this helps you out. Good luck!

Edited by anti678
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, anti678 said:

I had the same issue. I could play in offline mode fine for the most part but I couldn't play any map online unless it was in factory only. I did tons of research on google and finally managed to fix it but I tried so many different things that I cannot remember off the top of my head what I did to resolve the problem. 

If I remember correctly, it had something to do with my ram. Like I said, I don't remember the solution but this should help you find it. https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fixed-escape-from-tarkov-crashing-on-pc/

I didn't have to reset my computer, didn't have to install any third party programs, didn't have to buy any new parts for my computer or anything like that. So try to avoid any of those tips. But I'm pretty sure, on that website I linked, solution number 5 "Increase your virtual memory" is what solved it for me. But it could have been a combination of a few of them. I just remember something about that one being the last thing I did when my game finally started working properly. Btw my computer is quite old now and has similar specs to yours so you should be able to run it once you tweak a few things.

I feel your pain though. I spent hours.. no.. days.. maybe weeks.. trying to fix this problem and almost gave up several times. Hopefully this helps you out. Good luck!

So I actually ended up fixing it about 15 minutes ago. I really really appreciate your help with this, but I had learned about increasing the virtual memory after originally creating this forum post. What actually seemed to fix it was completely uninstalling and then reinstalling my GeForce Drivers. Hopefully people in the future can find this and either your reply or mine will help them get their game sorted out. I really appreciate it.

I'm glad you found the solution. It's stressful trying to figure out if you can resolve a problem yourself while wondering in the back of your mind if your computer is not good enough to play the game anyways. 

Just to confirm, in case others have the same problem as you had.

I am able to play on any maps, but updating the graphics card drivers is a MUST in general, not just for this game.

And make sure that you don;t play with virtual memory...thats just not gonna work for games in general.

P.S: I have the same GPU as you

Edited by DarkUnicast