Devs flushed out the cheaters with event

BlooDxHound

3 hours ago, Majlo said:

So far I've only come across one team of 2 who I'd even go as far as to call suspicious.

What I have come to realize is it's very dependent on what servers you play on. Some servers are significantly worse than others. If I play Auto USA servers I run into generally 1 blatant hacker a night. I run into another 2 or so ESP/Radar hackers. I believe Euro Servers are worse. 

Just because it isn't bad for you, doesn't mean it isn't bad for others.

• Upvote 4

easier to tell in labs, on reserve it's always random M61 to the noggin with no apparent shooter regardless

7 hours ago, Evilwayz said:

What I have come to realize is it's very dependent on what servers you play on. Some servers are significantly worse than others. If I play Auto USA servers I run into generally 1 blatant hacker a night. I run into another 2 or so ESP/Radar hackers. I believe Euro Servers are worse. 

I'm playing EU/West RU servers, almost all of them selected. I can't say I run into even one a day.

7 hours ago, Evilwayz said:

I'm not saying others don't run into cheaters, I'm simply giving my POV just like everyone else is just giving theirs.

However, since my experiences vs what I hear from other players - either I'm the luckiest player in all of Tarkov when it comes to this, or the people's experiences of "mass cheating issues" are greatly overexaggerated. Hell, it could be both at the same time.

I have not seen any cheaters in lab since event started.  Glukhar and his minions are cleaning house in there.

16 hours ago, Majlo said:

I'm playing EU/West RU servers, almost all of them selected. I can't say I run into even one a day.

I'm not saying others don't run into cheaters, I'm simply giving my POV just like everyone else is just giving theirs.

However, since my experiences vs what I hear from other players - either I'm the luckiest player in all of Tarkov when it comes to this, or the people's experiences of "mass cheating issues" are greatly overexaggerated. Hell, it could be both at the same time.

I spent 3 years playing DayZ and catching cheaters. Aimbot will always be the most rare. ESP is harder to spot, but there are things that make it obvious.

As an example the other day I start getting shot at by a guy. Mind you I was behind a wall and he was shooting the other side of the wall without any knowledge I was there. I wrap around and come at a completely different angle. Before I even pop out he is already shooting at me again. Wrap again and he kills me. I tell me two teammates there is a hacker on the map and to just go extract. Now mind you they were nowhere near this whole altercation. He forgoes looting me and catches up with them on the complete opposite of the map and kills them. Same guy. 

Another example was a guy about 200 yards out sees me and I see him. I dip behind a set of trees that is multiple thick trees. I am running back using the trees as cover to reposition. During this run away I get hit multiple times. I assumed he got a different angle. I turn around to look and the sound of the shots are directly behind all of the trees. Hit again. Continue zig zagging hit 3 more times and die. Guy is using M856A1 magically hitting shots through a ton of trees without any vision. At one point I was even trying to hide behind a tree and he was shooting me in my arms that were barely peaking out. 

This kind of things happens at least 2 times a night. So yea you are lucky. Wish I had your luck.

9 hours ago, traumacode said:

I have not seen any cheaters in lab since event started.  Glukhar and his minions are cleaning house in there.

This has actually been true. I haven't come across any cheaters in labs since the event started.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Evilwayz said:

Another example was a guy about 200 yards out sees me and I see him. I dip behind a set of trees that is multiple thick trees. I am running back using the trees as cover to reposition. During this run away I get hit multiple times. I assumed he got a different angle. I turn around to look and the sound of the shots are directly behind all of the trees. Hit again. Continue zig zagging hit 3 more times and die. Guy is using M856A1 magically hitting shots through a ton of trees without any vision. At one point I was even trying to hide behind a tree and he was shooting me in my arms that were barely peaking out. 

This kind of things happens at least 2 times a night. So yea you are lucky. Wish I had your luck.

This has actually been true. I haven't come across any cheaters in labs since the event started.

Well, thermal enable enemies to do that, doesn't mean he cheated.

flushed out cheaters... as in they have come out in spades for the event.  the incidents of cheaters are so frequent, i still don't understand why we can not call out the blatant cheaters in the forums.

4 hours ago, loopdaed007 said:

i still don't understand why we can not call out the blatant cheaters in the forums.

Because it will lead to witch hunting. This is the major reason why "name shaming" is against the forum rules.

There are already ways to report cheaters through official channels (report them in-game when you die to one or report via launcher). These methods leave out any possibility of witch hunting.

19 hours ago, Majlo said:

Because it will lead to witch hunting. This is the major reason why "name shaming" is against the forum rules.

There are already ways to report cheaters through official channels (report them in-game when you die to one or report via launcher). These methods leave out any possibility of witch hunting.

The damn creator of the game has already let it slip that the in game report is just a placebo.  It doesn't do jack poo.  Beyond that, half the people cheating are just using Scavs so you don't have an actual name to throw out to the world.  Maybe the world would actually be a better place if people stopped worrying about someone's feelings getting butthurt over every little thing and start calling out people for doing wrong.

On 6/21/2021 at 5:33 PM, Evilwayz said:

Why would you?  They moved to Reserve since you can get better loot with all the bosses and guards there.  Massive amounts of radar going on.  I just died to a douchebag that shouldn't have had any clue I was there since I hadn't moved in almost 5 minutes because of a squad of pmcs that ran up and started fighting another group.  I literally didn't make a single sound and was camped in an extremely unlikely spot for someone to look because, you know, my scav had a pos vpo with shitty ammo.  Might as well have used a water gun with that thing vs a chad.  He ran right up to the building, right to where I was and of course 1 tapped.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Majlo said:

This is just the creators or cheaters keeping us from 'witch hunting' - there is nothing to indicate they do anything about any of the reporting.  LIke Redbuffalo said, just a placebo.  This is also beta, so they don't really have to do anything at all, it's in the T&C's of beta version.  There can/should be a published ban list of people that were busted and are banned by their account name.  If nothing else, Battlenet gets to make more money by a cheater having to pay to sign back up for a new account.

5 hours ago, loopdaed007 said:

This is just the creators or cheaters keeping us from 'witch hunting' - there is nothing to indicate they do anything about any of the reporting.  LIke Redbuffalo said, just a placebo.  This is also beta, so they don't really have to do anything at all, it's in the T&C's of beta version.  There can/should be a published ban list of people that were busted and are banned by their account name.  If nothing else, Battlenet gets to make more money by a cheater having to pay to sign back up for a new account.

If you make a factual video on youtube criticizing BSG, they will file a false DMCA claim to take down your video. This is why I have never met a new player who bought tarkov and knew of it's issues. Scummiest company I have seen.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Redbuffalo said:

Maybe the world would actually be a better place if people stopped worrying about someone's feelings getting butthurt over every little thing and start calling out people for doing wrong.

It's not about peoples' feelings. It's about potentially ruining lives to some degree. You can't know the guy you are witch hunting is actually a witch. To think you're 100% right about someone cheating and then openly accusing said person of cheating, even if they're not, will ruin their reputation even if they weren't cheating.

5 hours ago, loopdaed007 said:

This is just the creators or cheaters keeping us from 'witch hunting' - there is nothing to indicate they do anything about any of the reporting.  LIke Redbuffalo said, just a placebo.

If you believe what you've just written, why do you bother trying to "report"/witch hunt on the forums?

If you think reporting is just a placebo, then don't report.

I have 1500+ hours of play and can remeber like 2 or 3 suspicious death.
I 'm in Europe, so my feelings are: Some regions have more cheaters than others. Or some people see cheaters everywhere when in fact they just can't stand to lose a game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 4:37 PM, RiceLegend said:

"Joined 16 hours ago"

Some doubts about your +1500h.

Or new acc 😜

You don't need to have an account on the forum to play the game. I joined the forum in July 2020, but have been playing since April 2020. Just over 3000 hours now myself, and only about 30-35 blatant cheaters total in that time. ESP/Radar perhaps more that I don't know of, but those you can still kill easily.

This wipe in 127 raids just one that was very sus.

• Upvote 1

On 6/21/2021 at 12:41 AM, Evilwayz said:

I play on only 3 EU servers Netherlands, London  and Germany and I have been fortunate not to run into a hacker today.

You don't need to have an account on the forum to play the game. I joined the forum in July 2020, but have been playing since April 2020. Just over 3000 hours now myself, and only about 30-35 blatant cheaters total in that time. ESP/Radar perhaps more that I don't know of, but those you can still kill easily.

This wipe in 127 raids just one that was very sus.

This is true, many play the game and never even set foot on the forums even once.

Edited by CelineStarglade

I definitely had a cheater this afternoon in customs, I tucked myself away in a corner  where no one would ever go and you have to make some effort to get to. I had a PMC casually walk around the corner and immediately turn into the tight corner and single shot me with a pistol. I was heavly kitted and said I was killed by regular fmj. His name alone was bragging he was a cheater.