Tarkov review after 200 hours

GhostweedDT

Im going to make this easy and short:

1) Great graphics! I mean it! Great dynamic lightning and dynamic weather! 9/10

2) Poor movement and immersion for a tactical game - bunny hops, parkour, CoD chicken runs, CSGO bullshitery etc. But leaning while prone is nice. 2/10

3) Poor tutorial, UI interface and Hideout/stash management - it takes too much time and clicks to know how many things you need for upgrades. 3/10

4) Nice gunsmith options, but again CoD bullshitery with recoilless guns. 6/10

5) Mediocre map desing. Lazy player/items spawnpoints. Lazy map development (Factory, Woods). 5/10

Overall, the games feels like a mixture of CoD, CSGO, Dying light and Stalker. Its a shame that there is minimal amount of ideas inspired by BF, Arma or Rainbow 6/SWAT.

The game is trying to do so much things at the same time and the result is a wierd mixure of "tactical no recoil parkour".

My 2 cents.

Edited by GhostweedDT
  • Like 1

There are levels to the game i doubt you are yet reaching.Although I understand the game may not be what you were expecting.

I agree there should be a tutorial when the game is out of beta although there are plenty of good you tube guides out there for new players that i had a look at when i first started playing.

Im currently 3000+ hours in and still love the game.

See you on the battlefield.

5 minutes ago, CommGhost said:

There are levels to the game i doubt you are yet reaching.Although I understand the game may not be what you were expecting.

I agree there should be a tutorial when the game is out of beta although there are plenty of good you tube guides out there for new players that i had a look at when i first started playing.

Well, I have seen quite a lot of YT videos/streamers of EFT and imho 99% are playing this like CoD/CSGo. I have bought the game due to the reviews like those on official game page (https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/)

"Ultrarealism" - no, you can jump with 40Kg in you backpack and no sweat. Also no movement inertia and !PARKOUR!.

"even the most gear badass will die to couple of pistol rounds into the forhead" - no, so many times i just sprayed a guy with 7,62, 5,45, 9x19 from 3 meters and he survived (10+ hits, 800+ dmg).

"no limits to pvp" - yes, you can parkour the poo out and 360 no scope no recoil that pmc. EZ PZ

The game is, imho, unfortunately falsely advertised. I was expecting somethin like Arma/DayZ and Ive got another CoD clone.

No refund policy makes me really sad, but atleast the graphics and dynamic weather makes the investment kinda worth it.

Anyway, thanks for your contribution and see you on the battlefield.

• Upvote 1

Just now, NerdCoreTV said:

200h ... cute

there are streams out there, watch them and you know what you get.

OH, I forgot that I cant say my opinion. My bad.

Also did you even read what I wrote or did you just came in to spit out 2 poorly written sentences?

i did read your text, but your complaints are not worth it after only 200 hours. i know that, because i felt the same way, but now with nearly 3.000h i enjoy a lot of the things you don`t like.

also your complaints are well known by BSG and the community, so next time use the "searchfunction". we all know of the player- and loot-spawn problem. it will be fixed in the future, so we get a dynamic loot-system. also your hopping will be fixed, and the zero-recoil also wont stay the way it is rn. this game is still under heavy construction :)

i just really looking out for a loadout-system, that would reduce the time in the hideout

again if you just had watched streams, you already knew all that.

Edited by NerdCoreTV

1 hour ago, GhostweedDT said:

Well, I have seen quite a lot of YT videos/streamers of EFT and imho 99% are playing this like CoD/CSGo. I have bought the game due to the reviews like those on official game page (https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/)

"Ultrarealism" - no, you can jump with 40Kg in you backpack and no sweat. Also no movement inertia and !PARKOUR!.

"even the most gear badass will die to couple of pistol rounds into the forhead" - no, so many times i just sprayed a guy with 7,62, 5,45, 9x19 from 3 meters and he survived (10+ hits, 800+ dmg).

"no limits to pvp" - yes, you can parkour the poo out and 360 no scope no recoil that pmc. EZ PZ

The game is, imho, unfortunately falsely advertised. I was expecting somethin like Arma/DayZ and Ive got another CoD clone.

No refund policy makes me really sad, but atleast the graphics and dynamic weather makes the investment kinda worth it.

Anyway, thanks for your contribution and see you on the battlefield.

yes, you can parkour the poo out and 360 no scope.

No you can not do a 360 no scope what so ever.You are completely exaggerating on that one!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NerdCoreTV said:

i did read your text, but your complaints are not worth it after only 200 hours. i know that, because i felt the same way, but now with nearly 3.000h i enjoy a lot of the things you don`t like.

also your complaints are well known by BSG and the community, so next time use the "searchfunction". we all know of the player- and loot-spawn problem. it will be fixed in the future, so we get a dynamic loot-system. also your hopping will be fixed, and the zero-recoil also wont stay the way it is rn. this game is still under heavy construction :)

i just really looking out for a loadout-system, that would reduce the time in the hideout

again if you just had watched streams, you already knew all that.

I dont think that you do understand the concept of opinion. I paid money for product and Im giving a honest opinion on it after some time. Your logic is flawed, I can have opinion on the product right from the start and my opinion can change, but this entitlement of yours to say others that their are not entiteled to state their opinion because they didnt sinked thousands of hours in to the game is just fucked up. But dont worry, there are hunderds of self-entiteled in this game, just take a look on another topic here: ppl are arguing who can have an opinion based on hours they spent in game!

Like really? "I have a truth because I have 3000 hours and you have only 2250 hours!" (topic about cheating, read it).

Im no more in my 20s and I dont simply have a time to sink 100+ hours weekly into some random game nor time to search for bits and pieces of info on some forum. The development team asked for feedback and I gave it. What the duck is your problem? Are you acting like this just because Im not in love with your beloved game you spend whole 125 days on your life on? Get a grip man.

Edited by GhostweedDT

@GhostweedDT

for a tactical game. Its a shame that there is minimal amount of ideas inspired by BF, Arma or Rainbow 6/SWAT.

You mean JANK garbage. What's the appeal? 

Is slow and stupid tactics? Or fast and brainpower intensive?

1 minute ago, Starioshka said:

@GhostweedDT

You mean JANK garbage. What's the appeal? 

My only appeal is: give me the game you have advertised. The official advert: https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

Citation: "Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator"

Is it truthfull? Nope.

• Like 1

"Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator" is the end goal of development.

There are many things Devs are working on and Inertia is one of them. Soon to be implemented but progress takes time and effort. We remind you that the game is still in Development.

6 minutes ago, SkyCloud said:

There are many things Devs are working on and Inertia is one of them. Soon to be implemented but progress takes time and effort. We remind you that the game is still in Development.

This is not the excuse. Inertia should be here from the beginning. With every patch this games moves further from realism. It's basically buggy COD with bullet sponge bosses and loot mechanics. On one hand they want to make hardcore game, but on another they add magic stims and other crap. At this point this game become a joke.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SkyCloud said:

"Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator" is the end goal of development.

Thank you for semi-official response :)

Im aware of the fact that the game is still in development, but unfortunately Ive got caught in the offtopic, unfruitfull discussion.

Dont get me wrong please, I do like Tarkov, its a game with great potential and some of the stuff which is already "done" is awesome. For example the weather system is gorgeous!

I just wanted to give some feedback (maybe i did not choose the correct form of it) and give some views on the state of the game from the "new guy" perspective. I hope that the team will make a great game!

Edited by GhostweedDT

3 minutes ago, GhostweedDT said:

I just wanted to give some feedback (maybe i did not choose the correct form of it) and give some views on the state of the game from the "new guy" perspective. I hope that the team will make a great game!

Developers don't read this forum and don't care what people think about their game. Forum mod's don't have any insider info either. Nikita(main dev) only listens to celebrity streamers.

Edited by Keptas

14 minutes ago, SkyCloud said:

I think most forum users are aware of that, its just that the development is slow even for a indie team. There are reasons for that but while I understand it, many players don't. Quite frankly EFT wasn't ready to be as successful as it is. Major parts of the experience are missing. And the more successful the game becomes the more problems the dev team has to deal with.

F.ex. If the game wasn't as successful as it is there wouldn't be such a massive problem with cheaters, every popular game has to deal with them, but dealing with cheaters while developing the game is just extra weight you could do without. And that is just one of numerous issues plaguing the game in its current state.

My sympathies to Nikita and the team. It can't be easy to deal with all this crap at the same time for year after year.

49 minutes ago, GhostweedDT said:

My only appeal is: give me the game you have advertised. The official advert: https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/

Citation: "Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator"

Is it truthfull? Nope.

It is exactly all of those things though?  

Do some actual investigation as to what "realism" means instead of making up an idea in your mind and then screeching when it is not met.

If you want one hit kills, boot up insurgency or call of duty.

"These men were all toned, suggesting they had been doing some heavy training for the attacks. This explains why they managed to battle the commandos for over 50 hours with no food or sleep."

One terrorist used the drugs to keep on fighting despite suffering a life-threatening injury.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/3540964/Mumbai-attacks-Terrorists-took-cocaine-to-stay-awake-during-assault.html

Edited by Starioshka

@YeavoFeigning ignorance is not a good argument.

Ammo designed to pierce armor (such as Igolniks) will do it, never claimed otherwise.

5.45 is smaller than 5.56 in all dimensions, don't know why you even brought that up?

Edited by Starioshka

vor einer Stunde schrieb GhostweedDT:

I dont think that you do understand the concept of opinion. I paid money for product and Im giving a honest opinion on it after some time. Your logic is flawed, I can have opinion on the product right from the start and my opinion can change, but this entitlement of yours to say others that their are not entiteled to state their opinion because they didnt sinked thousands of hours in to the game is just fucked up. But dont worry, there are hunderds of self-entiteled in this game, just take a look on another topic here: ppl are arguing who can have an opinion based on hours they spent in game!

Like really? "I have a truth because I have 3000 hours and you have only 2250 hours!" (topic about cheating, read it).

Im no more in my 20s and I dont simply have a time to sink 100+ hours weekly into some random game nor time to search for bits and pieces of info on some forum. The development team asked for feedback and I gave it. What the duck is your problem? Are you acting like this just because Im not in love with your beloved game you spend whole 125 days on your life on? Get a grip man.

you are not in your 20s anymore? but you clearly act like that. if you dont have the money, maybe you should watch streams and after you have seen the actual game you buy it. but no, you dont. maybe the game is too hard for you, that is no shame, that is by design, i hate and love it. you act like those kids who cry when they are not good at a game. i did that too, still my mates and me moved on and learned the game. now i know the angles and still die every few raids. its frustratig, i get it. but crying wont help you mate. you wont get your money back, so uninstall the game or start learning the game :)

besides: i play this game not even every day, i just enjoy watching videos and learn by trying out. so i really cant see the problem here. still i understand you, still it wont help. gg

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

@StarioshkaSorry my bad I have couple of threads in different tabs open in my browser and mixed this one up with the Sanitar one. And I meant no harm, just trying to take some friendly jabs, okay. You're opinionated guy, like I am, but atleast you try to explain why you think the way you do.

The thread I mixed this one with: 

Edited by Yeavo

1 - Indeed.

2 - You want immersion, go join a special force or militarized police. This is a game that will never be realistic due to balancing and everyone with half IQ knows that.

3 - If you don't like the tetris mini game you can always buy edge of darkness and skip it, and that's my plan on a future sale cause I'm not a billionaire to dump my country minimal wage on a beta.

4 - A 5.56x45 is indeed (almost) recoilless irl and it's pretty hard to miss a human target at 10 meters. Have you ever shot something bigger than a revolver? Or are you taking csgo recoil as a true fact?

5 - I agree that spawn points and TIMINGS are crap. However, lol at "mediocre map design", specially compared to that HORRIBLE GAME that is battlefield.

6* - People in this game are better than faceit lv10, warzone/cold war diamond and devs do not care at all about it.

7* - And yes, you can jump with 40kg on your backpack or run very slowly with 80kg, that is the weight of a possible fallen comrade. Well, if you work behind a desk you probably can't.

Edited by ricacov
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ricacov said:

3 - If you don't like the tetris mini game you can always buy edge of darkness and skip it, and that's my plan on a future sale cause I'm not a billionaire to dump my country minimal wage on a beta.

Oh sheet