SCAV Shotgun Ineffective

Honey_Badger001

Today I was playing as a SCAV and shot a player dead center within 5/7 meters with a shotgun only 3 of the shot's connected and did not kill the player. This is wildly messed up. Please fix this.

Technical explanation: buckshot that is used in shotguns typically doesn't penetrate anything. That includes the body armor of the enemy.

I don't have any real life examples, because the information on the internet varies wildly, but getting shot to the plate shouldn't even be painful. Now, I wouldn't know better whether a shot with a shotgun wouldn't cause trauma under the plate, I'm hoping there are medics in these forums that know how to answer that.

@SirBarnabyProbably wouldn't cause any damage at all. I have seen a news article way back about a woman getting shot with a duck hunters buckshot and all that happened was she lost a few teeth and had a few extra holes. Didn't need any serious surgery beyond some bandages and lead extraction.

Edited by Starioshka

5 minutes ago, Starioshka said:

@SirBarnabyProbably wouldn't cause any damage at all. I have seen a news article way back about a woman getting shot with a duck hunters buckshot and all that happened was she lost a few teeth and had a few extra holes. Didn't need any serious surgery beyond some bandages and lead extraction.

Mm yeah, but I assume that woman wasn't wearing any armor? Plus the fact that he got shot with duck hunters.

Now, if a real soldier got hit point blank with buckshot the the plate, that's what I am wondering about.

@SirBarnabyCan't really find any proper tests of this, unless it's on a watermelon or some such which is utterly and ridiculously inaccurate considering that you can do the same with a kick on such a small target behind a piece of wood.

Though I would prefer if blunt damage was left out of the equation since it just muddles the distinction between single shot rifles and shotgun, only difference being slightly wider hit cone. A nice middle ground would be busting someone down into a prone position if they get blasted at close range. 

16 hours ago, Starioshka said:

@SirBarnabyCan't really find any proper tests of this, unless it's on a watermelon or some such which is utterly and ridiculously inaccurate considering that you can do the same with a kick on such a small target behind a piece of wood.

Though I would prefer if blunt damage was left out of the equation since it just muddles the distinction between single shot rifles and shotgun, only difference being slightly wider hit cone. A nice middle ground would be busting someone down into a prone position if they get blasted at close range. 

Yeah, I kinda agree. Perhaps the more powerful weaponry could make you fall if you get hit. I'd assume that during falling you would still be completely capable to lay down fire.

But then again, that could be problematic, since i've heard that 7.62x51 M80 would have about the same impact energy as buckshot.

@SirBarnabyWell realism is lame, you can do a way better job of it by bending it. Instead of laying you out 7.62x51 could instead make you dizzy or just keep it as is, it's powerful enough.

And yes, the fall definitely should not incapacitate anyone from returning fire at any time, that would be a pain in the ass to deal with otherwise seeing as you can smack out rounds one after the other with most shotguns.