How to gain Reputation for Fence?

AlphaPugnator

As each kill of a Scav as Scav-Player will decrease reputation for Fence by 0.02, one have to find out, how to increase the reputation.

Quests and what else?

What is the down-side of having negative reputation with Fence? First match as scav I already killed 6-8 of 'em.

• Sad 1

vor 54 Minuten schrieb TarkovCitizen4431498:

What is the down-side of having negative reputation with Fence? First match as scav I already killed 6-8 of 'em.

I can imagine that you have to pay higher prices.
Also see here: Negative Reputation for Completing Nothing? - Off-topic - Escape from Tarkov Forum

13 hours ago, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

I heard that if your reputation is too low , you will be tag&cursed , but whats the issue if you kill them all first eyy :)

13 hours ago, AlphaPugnator said:

As each kill of a Scav as Scav-Player will decrease reputation for Fence by 0.02, one have to find out, how to increase the reputation.

Quests and what else?

i think that just helping out pmcs is the only way cuz i saw no alternative

2 hours ago, forevermasteryi said:

I heard that if your reputation is too low , you will be tag&cursed , but whats the issue if you kill them all first eyy :)

Okay. Also read today that there is a level 2 rep with Fence so you can buy unclaimed insurance items.
I only play scav for the first, max two weeks though until I'm good on money, so not a problem for me. 

• Cold 1

On 6/30/2021 at 1:08 PM, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

apparently scavs and scav bosses will either be more hostile or immediately hostile to you based on your low or negative fence rep 

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2021 at 2:59 PM, AlphaPugnator said:

Quests and what else?

I've figured out somewhat of a solution to the scav karma where you extract with your pmc through any of the paid extracts, such as the dorms-v extract and the others on interchange and woods. This gives you 0.25 rep with fence which is actually a fair bit and not that hard to do. I believe you could just hatchet run with about 10k roubles (the price changes depending on your current rep) and farm the rep until you reach a level high enough that killing a scav won't be so harmful. it would only take about 150k to get to 6 rep with fence assuming you do the customs extract, which is what I'm basing myself with, and assuming the other extracts only take 3-4k and that they give 0.25 rep, you could do this for as little 75k. Some caveats to this is that I haven't tested if it works for run through and I don't know if the amount of rep gained goes down as you do the extract more.

Hope this helps

Edited by MrGlutenSauce

Posted (edited)

Fun Fact is the system is so buggy you get shot at by people you kill them and rep goes down , you shoot your own teammate (CONFIRMED TESTED IT) and you get rep back seriously stupid system that wasnt thought through

Second you get random exit based on your Rep i just lost around 500k worth of gear because only had scav camp extract

2021-07-02[06-37]_282.8, 22.8, -27.8_0.0, 1.0, 0.0, -0.1_11.43 (0).png

2021-07-02[06-37]_282.8, 22.8, -27.8_0.0, 1.0, 0.0, -0.1_11.42 (0).png

Edited by xGuardianWolfx

Posted (edited)
vor 6 Stunden schrieb Chinjangs:

You might wanna check this out:

this new rep system is a joke look above what happens even with a almost 0,60 you literaly make this game unplayable with this useless stuff You didnt bother to fix the system you get rep down for self defense , get rep for teamkilling and no extract you can use ? 

especialy with the hostile scav you shoot a scav player -0.02 who shot you , kill a scav that gets triggered by boss , -0.02     but get +0.1 for killing then the triggered scavs?

Edited by xGuardianWolfx

BSG yet again showing how incredibly stupid and inexperienced they are in the game development world.

• Hot 1

A buddy and I were on a scav raid, he got shot and hit non-fatally by a player scav.  I flanked and killed him, got negative fence xp.  System needs work.

I actually got shot by a scav and just let him kill me cause I wanted the rep... really dumb system, also there's never any PMCs by the time scavs are in usually so its literally just afk sleeper looting and makes the game simultaneously too easy and just more of a time sink

the idea of playing as a team of scavs to take on PMCs is great but this is such a disastrous method of implementing i cant help but lose faith in devs a poopload

Posted (edited)

I've noticed nothing really. I kill scavs a lot. I mean its free loot, also you never know when they could have a key, labs card, or anything else good on them! I found 3 labs cards already, just from dead scavs alone.

I suggest doing what you need to for quests and worry about fence later on.

Edit: You also can get worse or better extracts based on your rep; Check your extracts before you invest in an intense scav run.

Edited by SShockzy
New information discovered

The karma system is shitty and retarded no amount of good can come from it they should just remove it and leave it the way it was but we wont see that improving at all any time soon

• Sad 1

this is just what i've seen on youtube, watching other players on twitch, and a few articles i've read on it:

the higher you get your rep with fence- scav timer goes down, you start with better and better gear,  if you hit 6.0 rep you can buy unclaimed items left by players on the map from Fence level 2, your scav box in your hideout time goes down with higher rep, the pay extracts become less and less money to take them, scavs become friendlier and once high enough map bosses wont attack you on sight. plus could be other stuff i havent found out yet.

the lower your rep goes ( below 0 into the negatives)- just the opposite of the above. you become tagged and cursed- scavs will automatically aggro and hunt you on spawn in, you start with worse and worse gear- at max you will start with a pistol and a scav vest- no healing, items, or reloads. your scav timer will go up- i've seen 2 hours between scav runs, car extracts become phenomenally expensive

All I see here is ------------------------------------------nothing of import. This doesnt apply to PMC runs, and if youre doing a scav run who cares, enemy scav AIs are bots, if they kill you you deserve to die, youre also used to attacking everything you see as a PMC. getting max fence rep is redundant, once you get lvl 20 you dont sell poo to fence or buy anything from fence, im not gonna give up a free pilgrim or die to a player scav that misses me with their first shot and gets head eyes'd by me because i dont want to lose rep. I couldnt careless, its a mundane aspect and to build it is pulling teeth compared to just playing the game. If all scavs wanna come at me bring it, i couldnt careless, fence is useless.

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 5:35 AM, Macorichi said:

All I see here is ------------------------------------------nothing of import. This doesnt apply to PMC runs, and if youre doing a scav run who cares, enemy scav AIs are bots, if they kill you you deserve to die, youre also used to attacking everything you see as a PMC. getting max fence rep is redundant, once you get lvl 20 you dont sell poo to fence or buy anything from fence, im not gonna give up a free pilgrim or die to a player scav that misses me with their first shot and gets head eyes'd by me because i dont want to lose rep. I couldnt careless, its a mundane aspect and to build it is pulling teeth compared to just playing the game. If all scavs wanna come at me bring it, i couldnt careless, fence is useless.

I'd disagree. I use scav runs as a way to recoup any losses I make on PMC runs, so longer times between scav runs, the less I can afford to invest in PMC runs, the less fun I can have with the game. As for fence being useless, I mean you're only allowed so many flea market listings at once. If you're a hoarder, or just trying to hunt down stuff to build hideout or knock out quests, I don't wanna crowd my stash with a bunch of poo i have to wait to sell. And what about Pre-20? I don't have time to play more than once maybe twice a week, and I didn't start until about a month in this wipe, so I'm still sitting at LV.8. I have a solid month of grinding before I can even gain access to the flea market. IMO this change (as with a lot of the decisions the devs have made) seem really hostile to new, casual, and solo players. I love the game but I have other poo going on I can't play it 20 hours a week every week in order to keep up with the power curve of all the people who play this game seriously. Sure if you play the game even like four hours or so daily, this isn't a huge change for you but it just drags that early grinding phase out a lot longer if you can't hit it constantly.

25 minutes ago, Cstain said:

Taking the car extract with the money on maps seems to add a decent amount and worked for me.

1st time each map for sure, 2nd time indeed, third time yes, by the 8th time you'll be gaining 0.01 or zero.