Gun Jam - My thoughts.. it needs a fix.

Blazen_-

So I don't mind the gun jamming thing but its defiantly messed up right now and it adds a lot of RNG.

I had a perfect 100% Durability gun I just bought off a trader. And on the 9th shot it jammed. 

I'm all for the guns having durability and you need to clean it, maintain it etc.. but it shouldn't jam on the 9th shot if its a brand new gun.

I think from durability 100% to 75ish i should be like a 1 in a million chance to jam or no chance to jam.

If the gun is in bad condition it makes sense but if its new like wtf?

Anyway that's my thoughts on the new gun jamming system what do you guys think?

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Blazen_- said:

So I don't mind the gun jamming thing but its defiantly messed up right now and it adds a lot of RNG.

I had a perfect 100% Durability gun I just bought off a trader. And on the 9th shot it jammed. 

I'm all for the guns having durability and you need to clean it, maintain it etc.. but it shouldn't jam on the 9th shot if its a brand new gun.

I think from durability 100% to 75ish i should be like a 1 in a million chance to jam or no chance to jam.

It doesnt matter if a gun is new or old, it can jam.

• Like 2

Guns should jam more often. I haven't had a jam in 20 hours now and I'm using scav garbage most of the time. Would make for a good occasion to carry a sidearm.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

In a game with a friend - 100% PP-19 - two full-auto sprays = two jams after ~10-15 bullets. This definitely doesn't feel right!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blazen_- said:

I could not possibly agree more. Brand new guns do not jam 9 shots into shooting it unless you are using self made or some really cheap bullets. 

It does make sense if the gun is not well taken care of and cleaned/repaired. It would make sense you would want to clean and maintain your weapon after each mission/raid. What does not make sense is a well maintained/repaired gun jamming. At that point it is just putting RNG into the game to hand bad players easy wins from time to time.

1 hour ago, -Tkullberg- said:

Maybe if you are using something like a Desert Eagle which is a terrible gun. I have a Beretta 92fs, a glock 19, and multiple very expensive AR's and despite putting thousands of rounds through each I have never had a single jam. Only gun that has ever jammed on me was this really shitty .22 rifle I had since I was a kid. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb -Tkullberg-:

The thing is it’s just a game. And a game has to somewhat give you a reason to do such stuff. For some reason I never had a Jam in like 8 hours of gameplay. But some seem to have them with Brand-New Colt M4A1s. And I can understand if you are pissed when you bought a rifle for a lot of money and it jams because Devs have used a higher coefficient on the “Gun-Jam-Index” for certain weapons and you can’t even tell which those are.

I am not a big fan of the direct gas systems of the AR-15 platform, but even those (properly produced, like the colts) work just fine if you treat them properly for thousands of rounds (with cleaning in between).

The game right now does a very poor job to display its mechanics regarding that nor does it try to mimic real life weapon handling.

I really hope they get some more stats going like cleaning and durability to play into it. That would give people a much better understand on when to expect frequent jams.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@Evilwayz

@Ravusy

These lads get lucky enough to get a jam and complain about it.

I wish I got a jam even once. Would be great learning experience. 

Then also. Why are you complaining about this? Weren't you two bitching about giga-Chads spraying 995's everywhere constantly?  So if it affects them negatively it's cool, but if affects you it's "broken"? Might as well buy hacks at this point if you want an easier experience at the cost of the games integrity.

New guns jam IRL (rarely, but they do). That's why you always shoot a newly bought gun to test it before using it in a "real scenario" (hunting or whatever else it might be)

Sometimes (very rarely) you have to send it back to the factory so that they can replace parts on warranty or just mail you a new part.

Seems realistic IMHO. This is also why a gun that fired 500 rnds is better then the one that fired 0. The one that fired 500 - you know its good if it never jammed from the get-go.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, -Tkullberg- said:

Ok so in real life buying a new gun and loading a magazine in it, it highly unlikely you will jam it unless you completely know nothing about guns. But PMCS are military trained it makes no sense for a new weapon to jam 9 shots in. SO that's Not Realism from what I understand BSG is going for realism (As playable) . Not to mention in REAL LIFE AKS can go through dirt, and mud! and STILL fire just fine!

6 minutes ago, captainrussia21 said:

New guns jam IRL (rarely, but they do). That's why you always shoot a newly bought gun to test it before using it in a "real scenario" (hunting or whatever else it might be)

Sometimes (very rarely) you have to send it back to the factory so that they can replace parts on warranty or just mail you a new part.

Seems realistic IMHO. This is also why a gun that fired 500 rnds is better then the one that fired 0. The one that fired 500 - you know its good if it never jammed from the get-go.

Yup realism take it into firing range for 500 rounds then take it into raid. 

• Hot 1

33 minutes ago, Starioshka said:

@Evilwayz

@Ravusy

These lads get lucky enough to get a jam and complain about it.

I wish I got a jam even once. Would be great learning experience. 

Then also. Why are you complaining about this? Weren't you two bitching about giga-Chads spraying 995's everywhere constantly?  So if it affects them negatively it's cool, but if affects you it's "broken"? Might as well buy hacks at this point if you want an easier experience at the cost of the games integrity.

I am a bit confused. Care to point out where I ever complained about such a thing. Seems a bit silly to make things up. 

Also confused why I would complain about that since I primarily ran Slick HK/M4 with 995 for the majority of the wipe. So am I complaining about myself now?

I was using a 100% mp5 with PsT gzh and got a jam on the 6th round.

most definitely need to tweak the jam % on guns with 100% durability.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Blazen_- said:

Guns can always jam, ammo can always have poor quality control, or be exposed to bad conditions and so you get bad rounds. Gun jamming is good, I've had good laughs watching people reload upon jamming rather than cycling the chamber.

2 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Guns can always jam, ammo can always have poor quality control, or be exposed to bad conditions and so you get bad rounds. Gun jamming is good, I've had good laughs watching people reload upon jamming rather than cycling the chamber.

It is never going to be a good thing for a video game. It promotes luck over skill. Two players start fighting and one player jams. Player that jams dies. Seems stupid to me. If the military had a gun that even 1% of the time jammed after just 6 bullets I can guarantee you that they would no longer be using that gun. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Evilwayz said:

It is never going to be a good thing for a video game. It promotes luck over skill. Two players start fighting and one player jams. Player that jams dies. Seems stupid to me. If the military had a gun that even 1% of the time jammed after just 6 bullets I can guarantee you that they would no longer be using that gun. 

It affects everyone so it averages out for everyone. What it does do is make players think twice about W keying with 900 rpm guns shooting +P ammunition with a suppressor. 

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Evilwayz said:

Tarkov isn’t supposed to be a skill only game, you need some luck as well as skill if you want to escape.

• Sad 1

gun jam is BS. so i do everything right and the game just randomly decides to break my gun... yeah right... just another kick in the balls for no reason

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

Tarkov isn’t supposed to be a skill only game, you need some luck as well as skill if you want to escape.

I agree with this but I do not believe gun jamming is the way to achieve it.

Make combat dynamics more realistic by making a player penalized for being shot. Just one of the many examples that need fixing: I put a 7.62 in the back of a players neck (sure.. the sweaty neckbeards who live with their mums will say git gud and make the headshot) from 80m and they just soaked it up and turned to engage... at the very least the player should have been disorientated but realistically should have been knocked to the ground by the bullet velocity... 

its this kind of rubbish that needs to be fixed to create more accurate gun fights.

8 hours ago, Blazen_- said:

SO that's Not Realism from what I understand BSG is going for realism

They haven't been doing realism for years at this point, Nikita gave it up as soon as Pestily demanded the Mosin nerf.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Starioshka said:

In one post you complain about jams making the game too random and then you ask for one hit kill rolls?

didnt ask for one hit kill rolls, asked for bullet physics to be a thing.... if you're running, and a big ass round hits you in the back, its going to give you an almighty push... physics. didn't ask for it to kill a player... but it should radically increase their chance of death... not allow them to 180 engage without penalty like the streamers want...

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 7:52 PM, Evilwayz said:

see you say that but when i was in the marines every one knows to never try to initiate a ambush using a 249 or have one on point because about 30% of the time it just goes kuchunk when you pull the trigger. In fact it was a running joke that the saw was the absolute best belt fed bolt action rifle in the world. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

gun jam is the absolute worst... bloody stupid. literally serves no purpose other than BSG putting it in game for the sake of it. 

Ridiculous mechanic that should removed and whoever signed it off to get an uppercut.

Edit: 3rd gun jam leading to death when I had the massive advantage from strategic gameplay

Edited by dapps

@dappsNot strategic enough if you don't prepare for  contingencies eh?

@cpltroutI don't know where these lads were getting their guns from, military guns jam all the time. My 240 would take several jamed/ bolt action fired rounds to heat it up before it started blasting continuously and mine was the best working one in the whole company.