Scav Karma is useless

Skyravr

Posted (edited)

Scav karma does not matter for most people. 

Been killed twice in a row by a player scav point blank for no reason. People don't seem to care about their "Karma" at all. Killing is their business, whoever it is

Nothing has changed for NORMAL scav users. They are still getting punished for playing like they should.

This game will never be in a playable state because whatever BSG does, people will ruin it for others for their amusement. They can add as many negative buffs, stats, whatevernegativestat to try to make people play in some kind of way, they will always fail. People are people, and most people are just lame

Edited by Skyravr
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I would rather they remove it completely, so I can go back to killing everything because wiggling and getting shot in my ducking back is retarded.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Out of several scav runs today I have been killed twice and it was in situations which I could really easy avoid. Current state of karma is merely a start, it will get better over time. Nevertheless, there will be always some toxic player scav whose only purpose of going scav is to shoot at everything that moves and ruin other people game. No karma will ever change that, but it will be simply - damaged individuals. Not the entire map of scavs killing each other on plain sight - which, in essence, will improve gameplay experience for almost all raids that we undergo as scavs.

Edited by oLordOfMoney

they should use fence reputation level as a requirement for different hideout upgrades. That will stop %90 of this lunatics.

Also repuation level should increase in small bits but decrease in big chunks

• Upvote 3

After one day extracting by car on customs and woods, my rep is 0.85. If I keep normal play, I'll be max in 1 week.

Yeah, I agree, but not because I am good or that is too easy or something; but because makes no sense to have 6+ rep on a seller and less than 0.3 on all others; I didn't even killed 7 USEC for skier quest to unlock pacemaker's ones (but already delivered the tags).

Don't know, make people lose 0.5 each kill. Scav runs are a waste of time anyway that I only do when I'm poor and my PMC is recovering. Also not shooting my comrades save me so much time because they never have anything... Beside a 15k gun and crap ammo, bag, vest and kevlar, if any.

EDIT: I humbly suggest you to ignore my last paragraph because a MF jumped my face shooting a pump shotgun (and missed because who is good and plays scav? lol) and I killed him with a VPO 101 meaning I lost 0.05 karma for self defense!

45 minutes ago, ricacov said:

After one day extracting by car on customs and woods, my rep is 0.85. If I keep normal play, I'll be max in 1 week.

Yeah, I agree, but not because I am good or that is too easy or something; but because makes no sense to have 6+ rep on a seller and less than 0.3 on all others; I didn't even killed 7 USEC for skier quest to unlock pacemaker's ones (but already delivered the tags).

Don't know, make people lose 0.5 each kill. Scav runs are a waste of time anyway that I only do when I'm poor and my PMC is recovering. Also not shooting my comrades save me so much time because they never have anything... Beside a 15k gun and crap ammo, bag, vest and kevlar, if any.

"scav runs are a waste of time".... Such ignorance. Scav runs are very beneficial in many different ways. If it wasn't for scav runs, majority of the players wouldn't even still be playing since they can't survive as a pmc.

i get killed on my scav just about every raid. SMH they don't care, just jump in the car and it negates some faction and they make off with my loot. 

9 minutes ago, PLzDoNotKillMe said:

"scav runs are a waste of time".... Such ignorance. Scav runs are very beneficial in many different ways. If it wasn't for scav runs, majority of the players wouldn't even still be playing since they can't survive as a pmc.

Majority of players are god tier players; scav runs might be useful early wipe when the potatoes are still playing for the reason you said. Mid to end wipe people do more head eyes than faceit lv8, and csgo is easy to aim and nothing to cover.

• 3 weeks later...

the funny part about it is that most of the time i try to tea bag or use scav voices just act friendly but they start shooting and when they miss and i kill them i still get a bad karma or in most cases they just kill me first by head eyes or jaws or anything else because why not and expecting other scav players to not shoot me in the head in first sight and consider it as a open fire sign still with be one of the dumbest idea someone would ever have so either you just try to hide from anyone anywhere and miss the best loots and just waste your 20 min and just get in there as pmc or just get seen by some random dummy and get killed for no reason and all 

• Like 1

ok ...... it's been 3 weeks and not only nothing got better but also it got worse 
i used to see some friendly scavs players but now they all shoot and when they  miss and i kill them i get bad rep 
i used to have a 0.5 rep but in 3 days i got to 0.06 and gets lower 
scav is just useless 
you either die with your loot or you just have to kill others in order to survive :)
and there is nothing we can do about it ............... JUSES 

Its going to get worse and worse as the wipe progresses. There are players like me that like to try to get and keep good rep. for those who use a scav for its main purpose of getting money, when they dont need to make money anymore they will play a scav like a pmc and shoot everything on sight. So basically wait for it to get worse

Agree with above, when it was first implemented scavs played together a little, now every player scav ive come across solo is either shooting me on sight or eyeing my gear up. Its crazy how going negative does literally nothing other than reduce your timer (which they dont give a poo about) or reduce the number of extracts they have, which they also dont give a poo about, and going positive seemingly does nothing until you get to max.

I wish they'd make up their mind, either have the playstyle promote team play and nuke the ability to scav in for those who actively kill on site or just get rid of it. Im tired of trying to figure out whether or not the player im trying to interact with is an asshole or someone worth trying to play with. 

Spawn anyone who has negative rep in with broken limbs, bleeds, no mag / bags, give us a clue who has been killing scavs actively during the raid. Extend the duration before the person can scav in exponentially (+30mins, and hour, 2 hours, 6 hours, 24 hours etc) if they show a trend of kosing, make bad scavs actually feel punished. Or just forking remove it so, as mentioned above, we know where we stand.

These mixed messages from Nikita and crew are beyond frustrating.

On 7/6/2021 at 4:06 PM, CelineStarglade said:

I would rather they remove it completely, so I can go back to killing everything because wiggling and getting shot in my ducking back is retarded.

mad

On 7/6/2021 at 3:38 PM, Skyravr said:

Been killed twice in a row by a player scav point blank for no reason. People don't seem to care about their "Karma" at all. Killing is their business, whoever it is

Nothing has changed for NORMAL scav users. They are still getting punished for playing like they should.

This game will never be in a playable state because whatever BSG does, people will ruin it for others for their amusement. They can add as many negative buffs, stats, whatevernegativestat to try to make people play in some kind of way, they will always fail. People are people, and most people are just lame

mad

On 7/6/2021 at 7:52 PM, ricacov said:

lmao you can get max 2.5 rep from all car extracts. and then ur on your own thats only 75 scav kills A WIPE lmao

57 minutes ago, Siges3 said:

lmao you can get max 2.5 rep from all car extracts. and then ur on your own thats only 75 scav kills A WIPE lmao

Easy to correct others 20 days after onepeg posted a video on youtube.

I like the scav karma. Wiggling and sharing items with Randoms offers some really funny moments. Iv been shot a few times but overall I have been able to take more out then I have lost to bad scav players. I hope they keep the system and just improve on it. 

I tried to try to play along with the system, but it isn't worth it. You just get backstabbed. I finally decided to kill any scav who tries to approach or follow me now. If someone wiggles I just wiggle, get close and shoot them. Rep loss be damned.

I do this for a couple of reasons:

1) I have zero reason to trust any of you. If it's a choice between trusting the average Tarkov player or getting out of my raid with useful loot, the choice is obvious. Playing slap-ass with other scavs and then getting killed for it is not a sufficient incentive. If people want friends, join a discord and squad up, don't force me to be your buddy. I probably don't like you.

2) People's over-the-top moral bloviating. I've been convinced that the biggest assholes aren't the ones doing the killing, but are actually the ones who crow the loudest for karma and harsher penalties. Scav karma has just become this weird excuse to tout how "morally superior" people are for not killing others in a game about murder and guns.

3) Fighting as a scav was just plain fun before. It was fun precisely because it was consequence free and you could let loose and try off-the-wall plays. I would go after everything as a scav -- other scavs, PMCs, scav bosses etc. It was a nice break from managing your PMC, which often feels like a chore due to being chained to quests.

It's a really poorly implemented, half-baked concept and whoever thought it up probably shouldn't be allowed to make decisions like this any more.

There needs to be a better grading system for rep and not just bad, neutral (where 99.9% of us are) and good. There should also be a kind of timer implemented where players meet and dont kill each other, so are deemed to be friendly, then if one kills the other they drop a whole rep level (which the effect of this action should be noticable).. It needs to be easier to upgrade levels too (but not for repeat offenders), its almost impossible to improve karma levels as they are right now.

I disagree. In my experience since  the scav karma’s been added the amount of times I’ve been killed by other player  scavs has been dramatically reduced. I’ve come across way more friendly ones then hostile ones.

22 hours ago, ricacov said:

Easy to correct others 20 days after onepeg posted a video on youtube.

.01 20x is .2 man thats still not anything significant. your opinion will change in 9 months when you have exhausted all + rep options and are relying on killing 5x pmc's for the equivalent of killing a scav.  

Am 6.7.2021 um 21:38 schrieb Skyravr:

i disagree for me scav karma made scav runs way way better than before.
the only thing i could complain about is the lack of defense from bad scavs.
and the karma gain system < i find it very very hard to get scav karma up.

I just think there needs to be some visual representation of the bad reputation of the murderous scumbag scavs that you can kill on sight.  It would fix most of the problems in a single change.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, scrappercb said:

I just think there needs to be some visual representation of the bad reputation of the murderous scumbag scavs that you can kill on sight.  It would fix most of the problems in a single change.

Yes, have the naughty scav players wear a red armband or something that they can't take off. Like they belong to some rogue scav faction. 

If a Scav kills a Scav. Next Scav round will get tagged and cursed. And have to play like three scavs rounds without killing any scavs to get a reputation reset.