Idea for expansion of Player Scav System

Humble_Avenger

Posted (edited)

After playing alot of this wipe I've particularly enjoyed the scav karma system and I am looking forward to this system being tweaked/expanded over time when possible.

Today my friends and I discussed this topic and I'd like to get the community and developers in on this train of thought.

The idea is creating a unlockable feature within the scav karma system. Allow players to play as raiders HOWEVER you cannot loot or extract from the map.

This is meant for scav karma farming for those who get to this point to progress further AND a method for players to play/fight PMCs with no need to focus on other storage, crafting or gear systems. While adding more life to this hardcore world that has attracted so many of us.

As an example at 2.0 or higher fence rep (as long as you kill no fellow scavs and use car extracts when possible we believe this is not a overly hard challenge nor is it too easy to access early in a wipe)

If you unlock the system you are allowed to spawn as a raider on the maps that have raiders at the beginning of the game. Potentially slowly spawned when a raider could spawn (similar to current scav system).

You are assigned a goal. As an example as Gluhars guard you are assigned to protect your VIP. If you and he stay alive you get X fence rep (should be a good bonus). Preventing the power switch from turning on in the command center or preventing access to the exit train could be player raider goals on reserve and similar goals could be assigned to raiders on other maps. prevent PMC exit at X location, protect VIP X.

If you kill a PMC you should get more fence rep than you would killing a PMC as a scav and can kill non raiders with no penalty (scavs would learn to avoid raider locations like a plague and developers would need to remove player scav spawns withing raider locations or easy shot at from said locations).

Player raiders should be kicked if they attempt to leave the assigned area and ideally if possible AI resumes control if they attempt to leave (this would probably not be easy/possible so instant death if you roam too far? Potential heavy scav karma loss for abandoning post and remove player raider access for X time limit)

After 3.0 fence rep scav raider should have no cooldown. This would be for the crowd who hates storage, gear gathering, crafting and all the other tarkov systems but love the gameplay itself. They could focus on giving AI defences life creating a much greater challenge for all EFT players.

There should be limits such as 1 player raider per map or at least per raider group. 3+ Player Raiders in Customs Dorms sounds like something I wouldn't wish on someone I hate.

Also once you get past 5.0 Fence Rep or potentially higher you should be able to order other AI raiders and boss to follow or stop allowing you to create defensive positions created by a human mind. Combat AI takes over but they all won't be in neutral dumb position. Bonus points for additional orders added such as a command to attack or hold location that works during combat so you can camp or order a raider charge once you get high rep

I want your opinions people. Love it or hate it I want to know cause this sounds like a blast IMO and my friends love it as well. I expect salt and yet I am waiting for mines/claymores and god I want tripewires or door mounted booby traps and methods to detect/disable and destroy so lets discuss Player Raiders ;)

Edited by Humble_Avenger
Spelling Etc
  • Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

So quiet.... is it generally accepted or did this go unnoticed? I expected some decent debates on this one.... Well back into EFT :)

Well first reason is likely cause its a lot to read.

Second, it is unnecessary and cannot be implemented without introducing more players on the maps and introducing a new system specifically for this.

Then going into a raid as a PMC, just to fight scavs, boss, and raiders, then player raiders camping boss while geared as good as a PMC, and player scavs is pushing the difficulty a little too far.