Major sound issues since yesterday, anyone else get this?

Lopti

Hey, just trying to figure out if this is a game issue or something on my side. I know sound has always been a little finnicky in this game I am not talking about that, since I got an update yesterday in Tarkov ever since then the sound has been completely broken.
What I mean by this is all sounds play as if they are directly on me, so people shooting guns on the other side of the map, sounds like they are standing next to me, scavs shouting sounds like it is coming from all directions right on top of me so no idea where they are even the sound of the wind and rain it has no direction and just sounds like it is coming from every direction and is crazy distracting and disorienting. It is currently impossible to play for me.

I tried disabling Binaural audio and restarting then testing it then enabling it again and testing it and while I do hear a difference in the sound it is still broken both ways just sounds a little different. Is this a complication just on my machine with some audio driver etc... or are others experiencing this?

• 2 months later...

were you able to figure this out @Lopti? I am currently going through the same thing.  Every sound is on me so I can't tell where gun shots or foot steps are coming from. Unplayable.

I fortunately don't have this specific issue, but I am experiencing a significant amount of irregularity in hearing things or distance/direction/verticality perception towards sounds. I am noticing ghost sounds again like death screams, ghost pivots and foot steps. I also hear things through solid objects such as floors in interchange being in the garage but have 0 audio from players outside of the garage entrance running in. No-noise grenade bounces happen to me a handful of times a week. I can literally hear every movement performed in factory across the map as well as in the bunkers on reserve. Moving through bushes/trees not making loud audio locally for me, but my friends mentioning loud leaf indicators 50m away when i brush one. Those are just a few, but I think the audio in this game is arguably the most disgusting problem being ignored constantly particularly in how important audio is in this game, it's literally life or death in every situation with how silly the comtac concept is portrayed in this game.

Known issue since last wipe, was posted about a dozen times without any reaction from developers.

No fix so far, its been more than 100 days so it became just another unsloved issue (probably becasue only few noVIP customers experience this).

Welcome to the endless beta (that must be a Russian national sport) and scamlike Russia.

I would suggest trying different headsets in game,  i have  been using the Sordin's and the audio has been fine. It could be tied possible to the type of headset.I believe this issue in the last patch was only caused by scavs spawning in the sound of ghost footsteps could be heard as they spawn.

Edited by Mattd316