desync is so bad this wipe

cpltrout

Just now, cpltrout said:

0 pkt loss and 23 ping 

Dam better than me. Not sure what is up with your game. I may of just been having really good luck lately and not having any desync

2 minutes ago, cpltrout said:

lol his gun never clears the ledge there was at least a full second of desync 

The clip does look a bit wack I just can't tell you 100% what it is. It honestly could be a good mixture of both.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, JohnBlink said:

The clip does look a bit wack I just can't tell you 100% what it is. It honestly could be a good mixture of both.

No, it's the fact that this game's netcode is client-based. So, as long as the guy saw @cpltrout on his screen and shot him, it's lights out. The server doesn't do anything to ensure the players are properly in sync and control things. The server basically said, "Oh, you shot @cpltrout ? Ok, I'll tell his client..."

It's ducking bullshit and this type of netcode design has no place in modern FPS games. It's been a problem since day one. They've done all they can to try and make it somewhat playable compared to the old days, but it's still very much the Achilles Heel of the game and is still broken as duck.

Edited by DeadmodeUK
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, cpltrout said:

lol his gun never clears the ledge there was at least a full second of desync 

and it won't from the angle he shot you at,he has a clear headshot on you while you are in point fire,his gun never would have looked like it cleared that anyway its just the angle the shot was from there was no desync here im sorry to say.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mattd316 said:

and it won't from the angle he shot you at,he has a clear headshot on you while you are in point fire,his gun never would have looked like it cleared that anyway its just the angle the shot was from there was no desync here im sorry to say.

I agree if I were of him in this clip I would of already fired by the time I saw the tip of his helmet. 

13 minutes ago, Mattd316 said:

If his gun barrel can see @cpltrout's head, then his head should be able to see the gun barrel. This is not the case in this clip.

I'm afraid it is desync.

Edited by DeadmodeUK

52 minutes ago, DeadmodeUK said:

If his gun barrel can see @cpltrout's head, then his head should be able to see the gun barrel. This is not the case in this clip.

I'm afraid it is desync.

you will never see the gun barrel from that angle unless you have stretch armstrong's neck!

Ooh Im afraid it's not desync!

39 minutes ago, Overkill_Reaper said:

From the clip it definitely looked like desync to me. 

watch the video in slow motion you can clearly see they guy gets the angle on him when he is in point fire and gets the shot off just before op fully raises his gun.

2 hours ago, Mattd316 said:

you will never see the gun barrel from that angle unless you have stretch armstrong's neck!

Ooh Im afraid it's not desync!

watch the video in slow motion you can clearly see they guy gets the angle on him when he is in point fire and gets the shot off just before op fully raises his gun.

If you need stretch armstrong's neck to see the gun, so how, then, can the gun shoot his head? Don't be a moron, c'mon now.

For the gun to be able to hit his head, the barrel must have a line of sight to his head, right? Of course, because bullets can't shoot around obstacles, so there must be a clear line of sight to the target's head. Good. So, therefore, his head must equally have line of sight to the gun barrel. They should be intervisible. Understand now? I hope so.

When the guy gets shot, you cannot see the gun barrel at all, not even close. Literally only the top of his helmet. This is not physically possible, so how is it happening here? Quite simple; it's desync. 

Sure, the shooter clearly is able to react and fire quicker than @cpltrout, but it's their locations which are out of sync. I can guarantee that, on the shooter's screen, either he himself was slightly further back or @cpltrout was slightly further forward, whichever allowed him to have a LOS onto him, thus enabling the shot to successfully hit. On @cpltrout's screen, he is out of sync and so the shooter appears in the incorrect place but is still able to land his hit. 

Whether it's the shooter, @cpltrout or both that are out of sync with the game is unknown. One or both of them are. It doesn't matter. The fact that they are out of sync with each other is the issue here. The shooter's client has then informed the server that he shot and hit @cpltrout and, because this game is client-based, the server has just relayed that on to @cpltrout's client to tell him he's been shot and killed, even if @cpltrout's client saw otherwise.

So please, before you try and argue the fact, learn what desync is, how it can manifest and also how line of sight works.

This has LONG been the issue with EFT's netcode since the game was born. I've seen and experienced more Tarkov desync in the 4 years I've played than I care to count so it's really bloody obvious to spot when you know what you're looking for. Granted, it's better and infinitely more playable than back in the early days, but the core way the netcode is built in this game is still fundamentally broken and allows for poo like this to happen all the time and is far below the responsiveness and reliability we should expect with a modern FPS game. It's beyond a joke that BSG haven't rebuilt the netcode to modern standards, at this point.

Edited by DeadmodeUK
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I only started playing this 2 weeks ago, and from a new player perspective, the desync on a modern FPS just shouldn't be there.

These sort of problems were around 20 years ago on dial-up and poor quality internet. the fact that BSG are using net coding that has been forsaken 10+ years ago by every other top FPS games developer means most new players like me just won't keep playing, in fact I already uninstalled and raised a claim to Xsolla to get my money back due to a faulty digital product.

10 hours ago, Thaloc said:

I only started playing this 2 weeks ago, and from a new player perspective, the desync on a modern FPS just shouldn't be there.

These sort of problems were around 20 years ago on dial-up and poor quality internet. the fact that BSG are using net coding that has been forsaken 10+ years ago by every other top FPS games developer means most new players like me just won't keep playing, in fact I already uninstalled and raised a claim to Xsolla to get my money back due to a faulty digital product.

Today the game is total poo, completely unplayable, too many people who still abuse the lag, play on servers where they shouldn't, desync 4 times out of 5 ... really, to the people who keep abusing the lag playing on servers from other regions....how miserable are you?

Edited by Spectro887
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm so tired of dying balls deep in cover,  a second or in some cases seconds after I peak. Or emptying 30 rounds of 762 bp into a guy running 20 yards away with paca armor, with none of the bullets registering.

On 7/15/2021 at 2:13 PM, JohnBlink said:

Personally I haven't had any desync issues this wipe. It could possibly be a connection issue from your internet but who knowns what the true cause is.

Ive been screaming desync from the rooftop since Ive started playing this game. Then they "upgraded" the servers a while back and it got WORSE... Hate to be this guy but Ive been hearing rumors about Battlefield having a tarkov style mode and I really really really hope its good because the current EFT product with the crap servers ( come at me. I run 400mbs up - 27dl - with very low ping to the servers I choose (close to me) ), The cheating issues. The "its a beta" for 5 years. THE CONSTANT WIPES.... ridiculous. Whatever excuse that you guys always come up with "we cant make changes to the game without wiping". Did I mention THE CONSTANT CHEATERS? This game is going nowhere. I truly gave this game a shot but Im over it.. I dont want to freaking rebuild my hideout after putting 800 hours into the game. I dont want to have to re-earn my loot after grinding sooooo hard for it. I dont want to get head eyes every time I go to interchange/Labs. FIX THE GAME 

• 4 months later...