Scav Karma Sucks

justaghost

I find that scav karma currently is the epitome of restrictive gameplay. I just made friends with a scav who blasted me the second I turned my back. Although I befriended a scav and he killed me, he loses rep. Why? Scavs by Wiki description  are Tarkov locals who decided to walk the path of bandits. What kind of gameplay is the current state of Scav Karma when Scavs are supposed to be bandits? You hesitate to kill other scavs who lose rep when they backstab you. Like what is ideal gameplay for a scav? I spawn in most raids in the back half of the raid where there's no PMC's and what? I just run and loot and leave? I guess whos been a bad scav when the system doesn't even recognize that the scav is bad? Why do people like Scav Karma? And why can Scav Karma negatively affect my PMC? Scavs are supposed to be side characters and the current effects that can happen with negative rep is insane. This system wasn't ready for patch as it seems very well thought out on the drawing board. But the practicality of this system is infeasible in its current state. My only question to a dev is what's an ideal scav run supposed to be? 

• Sad 1

Cooperate with fellow player scavs and AI to take down players and loot things along the way? 

Sure you can be back stabbed just as quickly as you "make" a friend but while he loses rep and gets targeted by everyone you'll be looting away safely in the future. 

11 hours ago, Im_C_O_T_W said:

Cooperate with fellow player scavs and AI to take down players and loot things along the way? 

Sure you can be back stabbed just as quickly as you "make" a friend but while he loses rep and gets targeted by everyone you'll be looting away safely in the future. 

cucked game lmao

It actually sux not only you can get backstabbed and it happens to me multiple times in row but when you or your friend who are still alive start shooting on enemy group your friends got negative Karma. so to dont lose Karma you better not shoot to anyone but there are tons of those who dont care and are shooting you instantly. it was better when you can shut somebody who behave badly without penalty as now you are penalized so you dont shoot first. And their first hit is almost certainly headshot. so its total nonsense. Such players should be way worst penalized than just Karma. what about denied  such player from playing scav for day so it hurts them really badly.

My problem with it is that sometimes it can be hard to tell if they are a PMC or scav, like on a Reserve raid. When another player scav kills a PMC and has all their gear on it can be hard to tell the difference. Let's say that you turn a corner and you see a player scav that looks like a PMC because he just killed and looted one putting all of their gear on. All you can see is a PMC looking player staring right at you so you take the chance to shoot them. Come to find out it was a player scav and you loose rep. But if it was a PMC and you stopped to look you would be dead before you knew if they were a player scav or PMC. 

• Upvote 1

AI scavs don't shoot each other, they are the Brotherhood of Scavs. When you jump in as a player scav, you join that Brotherhood. If another player scav wants to shoot you, they are not in the Brotherhood and will suffer the penalties!

Scavs 4 life!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you want that 5-100k rubles so bad every 20min... Factory camera extraction is pretty easy, quick and always empty.

Else, just kill everyone. System is poo. Me, you and 99.9% of players will never be +6 rep as we need to get 300 perfectly-right-PMC-or-traitor kills for it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am aware of where it is safe or not for scav (i am not playing it few days) also its not about 5-100k more like 5-200k its btw about that karma or quest items or even some good mods for weapon. Karma it self is fine, fine is not that you are penalized for doing actually what game want from you. there is bad scav player who want your loot or he is just jerk who like to abuse players doesn't matter and you cannot shoot him you just wait until he get some clear opportunity to shoot you in head and that's it even near extract he took what he want and leave the area. you know the guy is there you know he will shoot you in head and you can do nothing about it :D also i was in team of scav players some guy in different scav group shot me during looting killed me my fellow scav players shot him in head receiving -0.05 karma. thats not right at all. Not knowing if this is actually bug but it happens even to me multiple times and i am entirely sure that person was the person who killed me or my team mate because we checked names. after we died or leave area. But again Karma it self is fine concept but first if scav player do such thing he should be really penalized so he don't want to do it again or i don't know there should be hunt on his head for entire instance of map :D until he leave or die, something just something what at least bit make sense in concept of game. bigger taxes on flee market ?  :D common i am  developer too, there is tons of options :D 

The last 4/5 SCAV runs i've done, i've been killed by another player scav.  I toggle, make voice sounds, etc.  Largely i am being shot in the back.  I noticed in the last raid that i lost .05 rep with Fence, despite not firing a shot during that raid.  

• Like 1

The issue I'm having is either people are shooting and because they suck at hitting people killing them means I lose rep wow that's just dumb right. Second issue I seem to be having and goes probably with first issue is I watch scavs get into a fight and I try to help the one who just walk into a area and run away cause he got shot at. I attacked the guy shooting at him for me to lose rep yet again.... Karma just seems to be more of a pain then a help and I hope they do figure out a better way to work this out.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2021 at 12:00 AM, Im_C_O_T_W said:

It may be worth it to you to have the pleasure of knowing someone lost a little reputation, but to others (like myself) we like to do something called "keep the loot that we find and not have it taken from us by a backstabber" at whatever cost necessary. 

agreed-if a scav player doesnt wanna play the scav karma game so be it.  it takes a real piece of poo though to give the peace wiggle and then shoot you in the back. 

• Upvote 1

The karma system has done some good a player scav walked up to me and my buddy droped him a AK-101 and me a p90 full of SS190 without karma that would be nonexistent than there are people who wiggle do the trade up and down than headshot you the moment u open your inventory

I've had ups and downs when I used scav raids, but I at most do not shoot scav players unless A) I just got a massive kit or item that I refuse to let go ( I mean something as much as 500k+ value). B) I saw them shoot and kill a scav. 

Anything else regarding I don't care if I die as my scav. I know this is stupid since a lot of players use scav for money, getting gear, questing and etc, but realize as a scav there is no gain or reward unless you live unlike a pmc. Easiest way to keep scav karma positive is avoid scav players. If you can't well it's your choice, is the risk worth the reward. Determine if REWARD > RISK, RISK > REWARD. I have a 1.3 Scav Karma, this is mainly because I don't play scav anymore, and just use car extracts. 

Priority for not effecting your pmc
Negative karma  -0.01 = Increased payment for car extract
0.00 Karma = ok 0 penalties
1 karma = 5% discount

I rarely use car extracts to begin with, it's useful if your in a pinch when positive to save you looking for roubles you didn't bring but it's kind of pointless.

Here is a story that occurred with my brother playing.

We are in reserve and a pmc is underground beneath Black Bishops aka graphics room in the long hall way with a ton of doors. 

PMC and my brother and myself engage each other and he hides after a painful fight of about 5mins, I tried flanking before he hid and he shot me up pretty badly where I had to go heal. I heard footsteps coming down stairs (From food spot near Black Bishop) and told my brother as he was holding the pmc in the room. My exact words was this "F it, If they kill me They don't get much, so I ran passed them, they held their fire, and I waved them to follow, They DID. I pointed at the door and pushed the pmc and died. 

My brother was still alive, killed the PMC with the 2 other scav players, and he let them loot it, closed the door, looted my body "I had RB-ST key on me" and just went to extract.

Out of the beginning of the wipe, no one cared about scav on scav, because no one really knows what it would do, or how it will affect you. TBH You still have a choice, Screw the Karma, get loot and go, or Keep Karma get loot and possible still die. It doesn't change tarkov that much.
A) Are going to Die 
B) You will die fighting
C) You Fight and live, possible Die
D) You live a raid

Pick a choice, and fight or don't, the choice is yours. I feel the devs made it so the choice has been made so the players aren't just gunning every dang thing every 5 seconds. People play this game passively or aggressively. There isn't really a between. They want a between is my opinion.

my problem with this system is, that you have to get hit to the body to defend yourself. you literally have to gamble, that you die or lose rep. i dont think this is a good mechanic, because player are just shooting next to your face, to trigger you. just 5 minutes ago, i killed a pmc on interchange. the same minute a scav-player attacks me, but only hits my chestarmor. i start shooting back and kill him and now i am flagged for killing him and also lost 0,06 rep. this is a stupid joke, because now, while i was retriving, two scav-players are hunting and eventually killing me and getting rewarded in the process.

i really like the way scav-players are now engaging, but it`s kinda annoying how the karma-system works atm, i am really hoping for some work here.

Edited by NerdCoreTV

Just killed a scav and lost rep....i think it was because he killed a traitor but i didnt had any way to know that -_-

It's messed up, it would help a long way to solving some karma issues if there were really severe penalties for killing another scav whilst on a skav run.

I think the devs are aware it was going to be like this, you don't just introduce something without looking hard at the cause and effect on the outcomes...