Jump to content

An honest review as a new player with 20 days played & lvl 20 and why I will quit playing


Khenke
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is intended as a view from a new player. If this experience is as intended, ignore me. If not, learn and adapt and I and others might return with more new players.

First
I love and hate this game. Yes, I do know this is a beta, in the same way many games that has been out for years like World of Tanks the first years. I do understand it is a small developer team. I have a standard account. I LOVE hard games and always play on hardest difficulties I can handle.

  • As a new player

When you first start out a lot is unnecessary hard to understand and get in to, it actually feels like it is made hard to start as a new player ON PURPOSE. Like why would an experienced player want to buy maps? The new players don't have the space & money for them. Why on earth would you not get to see the map and where you start on it at the beginning at least. Why no compass when you ACTUALLY need it? I used it maybe 2-3 times since I got it.
We need to google and watch YouTube just to understand the basics. No noob area at all and that mean you get killed EVERY time you encounter a PMC, sure it is because of skill but mainly because of the gear. You don't learn anything as a new player by dying without knowing why.

Heavens forbid you are stupid enough to join a group to get safety in numbers when you are new. I didn't do the mistake since I read about it beforehand.

The maps are HUGE and hard to learn and that is a really great thing, I enjoyed exploring and learning. The bad thing is that the quests start right away to throw you to different maps early.

I loved Woods as much as I hated Customs. I hated Customs more than I hated any map in my 40+ years of gaming experience because you have super geared players camping the choke points making it impossible to move at all in the first 15 minutes. And there are a lot of choke points. A lot! But then I got a quest to Factory, yeah... After a few death I started going in naked and just running until I got the quest done.

  • Stash and Secure container

You constantly have a full stash since you need everything and the Flee Market is at lvl 20. You can't keep anything valuable in you Secure Container as it is only 4 spaces and are needed for money, keys and meds. I am fine with this and actually love it EXCEPT...

  • Yes, this game is pay to win

"pay-to-win

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying."

With EoD you will progress faster and get better gear earlier and could buy better gear on Flee Market just with the 10+ million rubles you don't spend on stash upgrade, so Pay to Win. Anyone saying it's not pay to win do have EoD and are trying to protect them from being a pay to win person (who would admit they pay to win?).

  • Graphics and sound

Fine, does what it is needed even if it would need to get optimized for higher fps (Ryzen 3600, 32GB ram and Radeon 5700XT with everything lowered and not always 60 fps). The world look fantastic and I love that you need to play by sound as much as sight.

  • Quests

Some are fun but oh so few, some make World of Warcraft quests looks great. Killing scavs on a map, Shoreline, with a choke points and super geared players is probably the stupidest quest ever with scavs rare as F (had several raids where I found ZERO scavs in 50 minutes!). I found the best way was to find the first bush and camp for 30 minutes while watching Youtube and then go to the village. But it is meant for high lvl players you say. See "Yes, this game is pay to win" as I need/want bigger secure container. And lock out vendor levels based on PvP early on is just plain sadistic with almost zero chance as a low gear player against battle tanks geared to the heaven and back.

  • Flee Market

Hate it more than I every hated an auction house in a game, but loved getting it. It removes my pleasure when I find something that I have been looking for but I have spent tens and tens of hours looking for WD-40 so I could not upgrade my stash and security, that everything else needed so I could not upgrade my base at all. Having it at lvl 20 makes the pain as a new player even larger as the big guys have access to it the same day on a new wipe and not me for weeks (and I have played a lot!). I think the flee market ruins a lot of the game completely and should be removed, instead the vendors should barter for stuff like WD-40 (could be expensive as hell) and everything else needed to upgrade the hideout or have the fee be 90% of the sell price in the flee market so stuff is super expensive.

  • Weapon modding

For the love of god make a few "blueprints" for new players that learn us how to mod without spending 10th of hours researching, not all of us are weapon nerds. But a great and fun system once you understand it, I suppose as I still don't. I guess the Gunsmith quests are meant to be guides to the system but just punish you with zero information

  • Scavs and karma

The best thing I have every seen in a game, playing as Scavs!
Makes the start a bit less "f-ed in the ass by an elephant" as a new player. I LOVE the karma system, sure I still got killed a few times but I do like that, it should be a bit dangerous. Just wish the same was true for PMC, a karma system.

  • Hideout

I love it!
Unfortunately a lot of the usage is ruined by Flee Market. The best thing in the game is to expand you stash or upgrade your Lavatory. Until you get Flee Market and it feels dull.

  • Community

The most (not all are but oh so many) hostile and sadist players I have ever encountered against new players many not even try to hide that they are a psychopath with zero empathy. My bet is that the game rewards you for being a jerk.


To sum it up

Would I recommend EFT to someone else?

  • No: I have told my friends not to buy it as they don't have 1000s of hours to spend on it.
  • Yes: If you have 3-5 friends to team up with and can play 4-10h per day at least for the next year.

Will EFT make it in the future?
Yes and No. It will continue to have a cult following but never gain many new players (that stay) and it feels like that is the goal both from the hardcore players and the developers.

What would I change?
Remove Flee Market as it only removes the joy of stuff and only focus high level (20+) players on money items, not needed items. It also widens the gap in fast and slow progressing players. I would make two servers/accounts: Hardcore and Softcore where Hardcore is like now and Softcore is for players that don't have 1000s of hours with only plus and minus 5 levels on a raid or a limit on XP per day so we get to progress in the same speed. But this might alienate the core base players that love grinding noobs with no gear.

Will I continue to play? Not likely much longer, I do want to explore all maps as I still haven't gone to The Labs or Reserve but after that I see no point in continue to play and me playing after another week is highly unlikely. Will anyone care? No.

Do I regret buying EFT? Not at all but I can't say I really liked the experience more than 10-15% (in raids) of the time I have played. The best fight I had, against a PMC one level above me that lasted several minutes. The worst, ALL the fights with maxed geared players with me dying in less then a second.

Last
I will keep my eyes open for someone to copy the format of EFT with a less sadistic implementation against non hardcore players that believe in fair and level battlefield.
I actually would buy EoD (to my best friend and upgrade mine) in a heartbeat if I only got to play against equal level players and NO flee market with NO pay to win, think how fun that would be! Level battlefield, yeah one could dream. I like it hard but also fair.

  • Like 1
  • Hot 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Khenke said:

If this experience is as intended

Yes, it is intended. This game is designed as "a niche game for niche audience"(c) and both devs and their target audience wants to keep it that way. Basically your gave a very good description for experience of an average new player in EFT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello @Khenke!

Welcome to the forums and welcome to EFT :)

Thank you for your feedback!

To summarize and to make sure I'm "hearing" you correctly, it sounds like the overall difficulty of the game can seem overwhelming and "unfair" to you? That unless a player has the time and ability to denote a LOT of hours into it, that you ultimately find it to not be a very rewarding experience?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Khenke said:
  • Yes, this game is pay to win

"pay-to-win

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying."

With EoD you will progress faster and get better gear earlier and could buy better gear on Flee Market just with the 10+ million rubles you don't spend on stash upgrade, so Pay to Win. Anyone saying it's not pay to win do have EoD and are trying to protect them from being a pay to win person (who would admit they pay to win?).

Nothing beside the DLC, gama container (outclassed by kappa which every version would obtain) and a golden name would indicate that is a pay to win.

Any DLC must be paid for a game that has a single price. EFT has 4 prices.

And the elephant in the room is just the golden name ... but can you say that this is pay 2 win ?

You have to work your but harder to compensate the difference paid by an EOD but at the end all will be at the same level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play#Pay-to-win

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/pay-to-win

Pay 2 Win was indeed their previous game Contract Wars.

Edited by Xarc
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Xarc said:

Nothing beside the DLC, gama container (outclassed by kappa which every version would obtain) and a golden name would indicate that is a pay to win.

You have to work your but harder to compensate the difference paid by an EOD but at the end all will be at the same level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play#Pay-to-win

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/pay-to-win

 

It's true.

It's not like EoD users get a 25% damage boost to all weapons, free cash/equipment every day, more powerful armor, or any piece of content that is in and of itself "pay to win". That's like calling iCloud pay to win for being able to pay more money for more storage space, but the difference is that you can actually work to get the larger storage space in EfT. At the end of the day, paying 3 times the amount of the base game for a little over twice the stash space is as close to "pay to win" as I ever see this game getting, and that in and of itself doesn't give you a gameplay advantage over anyone at all. It may give you more space to store stuff, but it doesn't make it any easier for you to kill people.

To add onto that, once they made the lucky SCAV junkbox purchasable at level 1 therapist, all complaints regarding stash space for hideout upgrades/quest items/barter items/etc basically went out the window. Now that you can save up a little over a million roubles from selling junk you get in your PMC/SCAV raids to effectively double your stash space with one item, there really are no complaints to be made about not having enough space, as one 4x4 space holds all of the barter/quest/hideout items your heart can imagine and more.

Edited by Sir_Mossy
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is absolutely true. Especially about the lack of skill/gear based matchmaking. It's impossible to get quests done as a low level, let alone survive, when you are up against 24 hour-grinding, level 40+ nerds with Special OPS gear made out of Vibranium against my IDEA tactical vest and hay-filled armor... like... of course new players will quit. I am going to be one of those very soon; I can feel it. It's getting way to frustrating to advance.

This game will stay in stagnation unless something is done to incentivize new players to STAY playing.

too*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@amedi004

Quote

 incentivize new players to STAY playing.

"Stop fighting Chad, just run away" Plastered on the loading screen. That would boost overall noobie survival rate by 80%.

Edited by Starioshka
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This game sucks for a new player and for solos.

A hard survival game that is very hard for solo but let's you team up should not be allowed.

In the end is not a PVE game ...

I have friends to play ? A lot but it's not fair imo.

Thanks i quit last wipe and played untill lvl 11 which is a lot i know but it's a cycle, never ends.

Just move on like i did.

 

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, rafajsp said:

This game sucks for a new player and for solos.

A hard survival game that is very hard for solo but let's you team up should not be allowed.

In the end is not a PVE game ...

I have friends to play ? A lot but it's not fair imo.

Thanks i quit last wipe and played untill lvl 11 which is a lot i know but it's a cycle, never ends.

Just move on like i did.

 

It's a shame because this game has  LOT of potential. It's great but they have a LOT of rough edges to smooth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@amedi004 @rafajsp Well, this game is meant to be something different to what you are used to in many other titles. It will never be any kind of matchmaking, because raid should be unpredictable. 

Of course, for new players game could be very hard. But all you need to do is constantly learn and learn. Analyse your mistakes. The most important thing in EFT is a game knowledge. Map, system, health, ammo, guns, skills, items, benefits from Hideout, traders, items prices knowledge and many many more. But once you'll learn this, game will be a lot more enjoyable. And everyone of us was at some point in the timeline a newbie who was discovering the game. First wipe for experienced players was probably also painful at some point. 

EFT will never be like any other games which are looking the same - where everything is properly balanced, where game tells you what you should do, where game prompts you with mini maps, kill feed, amount of players in the raid/match, where you have matchmaking, where you have battle passes etc. Tarkov assumptions are kinda different than modern games and they are uncommon nowadays. 
 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 6:53 PM, Xarc said:

Nothing beside the DLC, gama container (outclassed by kappa which every version would obtain) and a golden name would indicate that is a pay to win.

How can you even say "nothing beside this thing that literally saves hundreds of hours" is not pay-to-win. I have EOD and I can certainly say the Gamma container makes a HUGE difference in terms of profits you have left after a raid where you died. Which is basically where you usually lose money. The amount of time it saves to have a big stash and 5 more slots in the container is enormous and to say it is NOT pay-to-win is simply ignorant.

Considering that most of the players that play this game will never reach Kappa container, I will reinforce this by saying again that it is extremely ignorant to say it is NOT pay-to-win when you literally get to the level of others after you do all the quests and reach level 71 and get Kappa. After that, which requires in my opinion 500-1000+ hours of grinding (so basically 1000-2000+ hours for someone with standard) you have finally closed the gap that the 70€ makes from the start. 

2 hours ago, Biala_Mewa said:

Of course, for new players game could be very hard. But all you need to do is constantly learn and learn.

Most of this is caused by the lack of information in-game. At its current state, this game is designed to waste your time. I have never seen a game previous to this one that requires you to waste so much time OUTSIDE of the game to learn the maps and mechanics, when you could have helped out the players and kept them engaged. And you could say that oh, you could learn the game by yourself, you don't have to watch Pestily's videos. But now you talk about hundreds of hours to even learn the maps and to discover by yourself everything that you can find online already.

This is where this game failed for me and I also inevitably quit. I didn't know it would waste so much of my time to learn basic stuff and exits. This game is marketed by streamers who played 5000+ hours and know everything, but when you experience this as a new player it mostly becomes a waste of time if you cannot play many hours daily. The offline mode is a joke, you literally waste time learning basic stuff, when it should give the option to learn while also playing and making some kind of progress. I am sorry but in my opinion this is not a "niche" game. It simply has a horrible design at it's core.

  • Like 2
  • Hot 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, pkdan said:

Most of this is caused by the lack of information in-game. At its current state, this game is designed to waste your time. I have never seen a game previous to this one that requires you to waste so much time OUTSIDE of the game to learn the maps and mechanics, when you could have helped out the players and kept them engaged. And you could say that oh, you could learn the game by yourself, you don't have to watch Pestily's videos. But now you talk about hundreds of hours to even learn the maps and to discover by yourself everything that you can find online already.

This is where this game failed for me and I also inevitably quit. I didn't know it would waste so much of my time to learn basic stuff and exits. This game is marketed by streamers who played 5000+ hours and know everything, but when you experience this as a new player it mostly becomes a waste of time if you cannot play many hours daily. The offline mode is a joke, you literally waste time learning basic stuff, when it should give the option to learn while also playing and making some kind of progress. I am sorry but in my opinion this is not a "niche" game. It simply has a horrible design at it's core.

But this is the core of the game. Game is hard, punishing and require good knowledge and preparation. It won't come quickly after few hours and raids played. You learn whole wipe. Game is not designed for streamers, there's plenty of experienced players who don't have whole days to play and they are still managed to achieve something. I would say that game is designed for people who are willing to learn. First wipe for new players will not be ideal and perfect - that's why they should spend this time by learning during raids. Every death and every mistake is a precious value to improve. 

Tarkov is also supposed to be different game as other products. This game will not be holding your hand and showing you how to do everything properly. New players should check everything at Tarkov Wiki, it's really helpful even for more experienced players. 

Don't give up so quickly - give EFT another chance. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do game devs forget people lead busy lives and don't have hours to spend on a game a day? its why I don't play now. I only have an hour or so a day with a newborn and the game doesn't even feel worth it at this point. If I didn't purchase a larger stash I would've given up by now. don't have time for school just to play a game and that's what it boils down too. I just watch streamers mostly now. I don't understand how these game devs expect people to put so much time into a video game....

  • Hot 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Biala_Mewa said:

I would say that game is designed for people who are willing to learn

I didn't say it's not that, but what you say is also incomplete and you did not address my problem. To keep up with others, the game requires me to waste too much time OUTSIDE of the game to be worth it anymore. Nobody in their right mind will attempt to learn this game without either looking up video tutorials or at least play with a map open in offline. But again, to me, the offline mode is simply an unpolished joke. Give me a spectator mode or something that would not require me to walk around maps for hours in offline.

I played a lot of Customs, Woods and Labs, did whatever quests I could and also played a lot there just to get a good feeling of weapons and made decent money. But then when I finally started playing offline stuff like Interchange and Reserve I simply said that I REFUSE to do this anymore. It is not the fun kind of learning, it is boring and annoying to waste time in offline so that I can say "oh, when I finally get here in a live game I will do this".

And you all veterans do not realize how many hours are wasted by people trying to learn the maps. It is easy to talk about how the game feels AFTER you learn it and get Kappa or whatever. But nobody seems to care about the grind to get there and the amounts of time wasted. And it's literally wasted because the devs preferred to be lazy and add more useless guns and armors and types of ammos that nobody uses (besides the noobs that don't know they are trash) and ultimately make the game even more confusing for new people. Is it that hard to add some guidelines IN-GAME and some tools that I can better use instead of wasting my time on Pestily's videos?

I have 337 other games in my Steam library, there is a new Battlefield coming up, there are numerous other indie titles that offer this tactical type of gameplay and they are preparing for big updates soon. Why would I waste so many hours trying to learn this game so much when I could be playing so many others? So much stuff is evolving around, while devs take 3 years to add a single new map.

I have thousands of hours in first person shooter games and I would like to be able to test my skills in an environment that does not literally sh*t on me just because I didn't spend enough hours in a useless offline mode. Not to mention horrible servers, tons of bugs, cheaters.

I am sorry to have come to the conclusion that this game is not for me and many others will do the same and will continue to make posts like these. If this was the only game where I can shoot a gun I would think about it more maybe.

Edited by pkdan
  • Hot 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 2 Minuten schrieb tearing_away2:

Do game devs forget people lead busy lives and don't have hours to spend on a game a day? its why I don't play now. I only have an hour or so a day with a newborn and the game doesn't even feel worth it at this point. If I didn't purchase a larger stash I would've given up by now. don't have time for school just to play a game and that's what it boils down too. I just watch streamers mostly now. I don't understand how these game devs expect people to put so much time into a video game....

To be fair, but do you expect to have everything in a matter of a few hours in a progression based game? Do you expect to have reached the skill ceiling in a matter of days/weeks in a "hardcore" game? 

I get your frustration, but in every game there will be people who have the luxury to put way more hours in than you. Like everything in life to be honest. Why do you feel the need to compete with them? Don't have the time to play the wipe over and over? Just don't. Wait till release and enjoy the suffering of the people who do stay. :) 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, pkdan said:

How can you even say "nothing beside this thing that literally saves hundreds of hours" is not pay-to-win...

this game needs time for sure to progress in it, like for example world of warcraft. do you expect you get all the lvls and gear at the first hour of the game in that game?!! nah. the reason wow is wow, is the grind and time you spend in that game. if you don't have time, you still can progress in this game but like i said don not expect to get access everything in first hours of the game.

for the pay to win thing, the only advantage that i can see the EOD versions have over me as a standard edition, is traders rep, which it is pointless after you get access to flea market. if you get more experience in this game you will see that, there is no difference between standard and eod. secure container?!---> get epsilon and you have only one slot less than gamma. if you are a naked runner player, yeah you need that beloved container, but if you are not, gamma, alpha or kappa are the same, especially with FIR thing in game.

stash size?!!!---> you really dont need that eod stash size at all after getting some containers. each wipe i only lvl up to 2 if i have money and after that i really don't need that much space at all, if you know what to keep and what to sell.

all these things comes from lack of information about the game in general.

On 7/23/2021 at 5:15 PM, Khenke said:

This is intended as a view from a new player. If this experience is as intended, ignore me. If not, learn and adapt and I and others might return with more new players...

everyone had the same experience as a new player the day they started to play this game, and those who stayed and played, are the ones that like the grind and hardcore experience. that is why people say that, this game is not for everyone.

join in groups of players in eft discord, it will be more enjoyable and you will learn faster than by yourself.

6 minutes ago, pkdan said:

And you all veterans do not realize how many hours are wasted by people trying to learn the maps. It is easy to talk about how the game feels AFTER you learn it and get Kappa or whatever. But nobody seems to care about the grind to get there and the amounts of time wasted. And it's literally wasted because the devs preferred to be lazy and add more useless guns and armors and types of ammos that nobody uses (besides the noobs that don't know they are trash) and ultimately make the game even more confusing for new people. Is it that hard to add some guidelines IN-GAME and some tools that I can better use instead of wasting my time on Pestily's videos?

I have 337 other games in my Steam library, there is a new Battlefield coming up, there are numerous other indie titles that offer this tactical type of gameplay and they are preparing for big updates soon. Why would I waste so many hours trying to learn this game so much when I could be playing so many others? So much stuff is evolving around, while devs take 3 years to add a single new map.

I have thousands of hours in first person shooter games and I would like to be able to test my skills in an environment that does not literally poo on me just because I didn't spend enough hours in a useless offline mode. Not to mention horrible servers, tons of bugs, cheaters.

I am sorry to have come to the conclusion that this game is not for me and many others will do the same and will continue to make posts like these. If this was the only game where I can shoot a gun I would think about it more maybe.

yeah this game is not for you for sure with that mentality you have. in your eyes, learning a game is waste of time, in someone else's eyes, it's enjoyable and fun and thats the reason he/she comeback every wipe for wasting their time. you should know what you are buying if you dont want to waste your time and energy in a game!!!

like you said, there are lots of games coming which you may have fun in those, but before buying any other game with hype train, try to waste 15 mins of your time on research and see that specific game will please you or not.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pkdan said:

And you all veterans do not realize how many hours are wasted by people trying to learn the maps.

When you are learning something - it's not wasted time. It's precious time. I've spent a lot hours by walking offline, by searching through internet and by reading Wiki. And it was worth. It payed out. Learning is not wasting time! Tarkov will be more and more focused on the player's knowledge: if you know a lot about game and mechanics, if you spend a lot of time by researching something, you will be the guy who wins. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Biala_Mewa said:

I've spent a lot hours by walking offline, by searching through internet and by reading Wiki

To me that is wasted time. I wanted to be able to play the game properly and not learn from outside the main experience. This is called immersion. What you veterans describe here is that I should ruin the whole learning experience (which should be in-game in real raids) by running around with bots for tens of hours just to learn the layout. And in this game specifically it is detrimental to the success of a raid since you need to escape. In short, playing with bots with 0 progression and reading wiki's and watching youtube is a huge waste of time in my opinion. So then after I do that, I come back to finally experience some kind of washed out Call of Duty with tedious and boring quests, because there is nothing else left to learn right? Only the combat experience is what is left to be learned, so by that point the immersion is broken.

In normal games, the process of learning should be part of the game, should be interesting and immersive. But in this game because you lose everything it becomes a huge drag. Losing everything because you cannot find an exit is the worst and playing offline is not fun at all. Which is why I quit before I had the patience to learn every map.

This game at it's core wanted to be a hardcore experience where you learn by mistakes, but so far for me it is only a watch youtube videos now, play a washed out version of Call of Duty later once you know the maps and mechanics. 

3 hours ago, behi09ma said:

his game needs time for sure to progress in it, like for example world of warcraft. do you expect you get all the lvls and gear at the first hour of the game in that game?!!

And for this reason this comparison makes 0 sense. In world of warcraft you don't lose anything for dying when fighting a mob. And I can also tell that you did not even read what I wrote since I already mentioned this game scales to 500 hours to possible thousands especially during the first playthrough. When did I ask that I wanted the whole game served in 1 hour? But the scale of the game is very poorly described online, and you veterans probably don't even realize how much time you spent in this game in total to reach this point.

If it only took 15 minutes of research to understand the scale of this game, you would never have these posts created on the forum. Which is why said there is a severe lack of information in this game that should be included as hardcore as this game pretends to be.

And yes, I am unable to spend that amount of time. I have a job so 8-9 hours a day during the week are reserved for that in my case. I am unable to spend the required amount of time in this game to properly learn it, but I never asked to have the gameplay taught to me in a single hours. However spending tens of hours to learn a map layout in offline is not fun and it is a huge waste of time in my opinion.

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pkdan said:

And yes, I am unable to spend that amount of time. I have a job so 8-9 hours a day during the week are reserved for that in my case. I am unable to spend the required amount of time in this game to properly learn it, but I never asked to have the gameplay taught to me in a single hours. However spending tens of hours to learn a map layout in offline is not fun and it is a huge waste of time in my opinion.

first of all i exampled WOW for the time consuming aspect not losing or not losing! like i said you cant expect to not spend time in WOW and have all the gear for raids and stuff.

and that's my point, this game needs time to put into it, otherwise you can't have fun with it. especially if you struggle to survive and make money in it. this game is not a couch game, after work or busy day to relax with it, it will ruin your day more for sure. that is why i said before buying a product you need to get information about it, otherwise it will brought frustration. and it will waste 😁your time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 6:42 AM, Andrudis said:

Yes, it is intended. This game is designed as "a niche game for niche audience"(c) and both devs and their target audience wants to keep it that way. Basically your gave a very good description for experience of an average new player in EFT.

Dude this games been going down hill for years and is nothing how it was intended to be.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:07 AM, Sir_Mossy said:

It's true.

It's not like EoD users get a 25% damage boost to all weapons, free cash/equipment every day, more powerful armor, or any piece of content that is in and of itself "pay to win". That's like calling iCloud pay to win for being able to pay more money for more storage space, but the difference is that you can actually work to get the larger storage space in EfT. At the end of the day, paying 3 times the amount of the base game for a little over twice the stash space is as close to "pay to win" as I ever see this game getting, and that in and of itself doesn't give you a gameplay advantage over anyone at all. It may give you more space to store stuff, but it doesn't make it any easier for you to kill people.

To add onto that, once they made the lucky SCAV junkbox purchasable at level 1 therapist, all complaints regarding stash space for hideout upgrades/quest items/barter items/etc basically went out the window. Now that you can save up a little over a million roubles from selling junk you get in your PMC/SCAV raids to effectively double your stash space with one item, there really are no complaints to be made about not having enough space, as one 4x4 space holds all of the barter/quest/hideout items your heart can imagine and more.

You totally ignoring his mega chad comment. Why should i quit my job to compete in this game? Level 20 flea just helps the jobless and the children that play, anyone with a life or a family cant play this game anymore.

  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, BallzDeep69 said:

You totally ignoring his mega chad comment. Why should i quit my job to compete in this game? Level 20 flea just helps the jobless and the children that play, anyone with a life or a family cant play this game anymore.

Fun fact: you can progress in the game while having job or other things to do :scwhink: All you need is just to learn.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BallzDeep69 said:

Dude this games been going down hill for years and is nothing how it was intended to be.

You totally ignoring his mega chad comment. Why should i quit my job to compete in this game? Level 20 flea just helps the jobless and the children that play, anyone with a life or a family cant play this game anymore.

Fun fact: Not every game is required to meet the needs of the lowest rung on the ladder. If you don't have time to play a game that requires a considerable time sink, DON'T PLAY IT. You are not required to play the game and the devs are not obligated to hasten the progression to meet the needs of people who barely play the game.

Edited by Sir_Mossy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Sir_Mossy said:

Fun fact: Not every game is required to meet the needs of the lowest rung on the ladder. If you don't have time to play a game that requires a considerable time sink, DON'T PLAY IT. You are not required to play the game and the devs are not obligated to hasten the progression to meet the needs of people who barely play the game.

Spoken like someone who doesnt understand how games decline and die. You someone think this game will last a year after launch without new blood 

On 7/27/2021 at 8:17 PM, coredumped7893 said:

Fun fact: you can progress in the game while having job or other things to do :scwhink: All you need is just to learn.

Not when the flea is level 20 and my bullets cant kill players. Only people dont get this are children and people without lives, no family, no job. What do you mean you cant sink over 30 hours a week into a game.

On 7/27/2021 at 6:48 PM, behi09ma said:

first of all i exampled WOW for the time consuming aspect not losing or not losing! like i said you cant expect to not spend time in WOW and have all the gear for raids and stuff.

and that's my point, this game needs time to put into it, otherwise you can't have fun with it. especially if you struggle to survive and make money in it. this game is not a couch game, after work or busy day to relax with it, it will ruin your day more for sure. that is why i said before buying a product you need to get information about it, otherwise it will brought frustration. and it will waste 😁your time.

Wow takes less time then this game.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BallzDeep69

Quote

my bullets cant kill players.

Walk into Rashalas Den on Customs ONCE. and you have enough high pen ammo to last you a week. You have no excuse.

Edited by Starioshka
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BallzDeep69 said:

Spoken like someone who doesnt understand how games decline and die. You someone think this game will last a year after launch without new blood 

Closed beta has been released for 4 years and the player base has drastically grown over time, so I don't know where you're getting any kind of indication that the game will instantly die upon full release. The amount of content in the game will only grow, and balancing around the economy will become the primary focus once they get to the point where the majority of the content has been added. Unlike games like DayZ (where the amount of content released in 5 years pales in comparison to EFT), this game has actually delivered a large amount of content/features/fixes to the game in a much shorter time. 

Not everybody wants a crybaby easy game where you get practically everything handed to you and there is no challenge. Unlike most modern games, EFT actually wants to be a challenging/punishing game that doesn't baby everyone and accommodate the casuals.

2 hours ago, BallzDeep69 said:

Not when the flea is level 20 and my bullets cant kill players. Only people dont get this are children and people without lives, no family, no job. What do you mean you cant sink over 30 hours a week into a game.

Weird how someone who spent more in-game currency to get better gear and plays the game more often has an advantage over a person who plays 2-3 hours a week and only has low-end weaponry. It's almost as if that's how life works, in that the more time you invest in things, the better yield you get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...