Fix the exit system.

Demonslayer1246

If I am in the exit, I don't care if I have 1 second left, I should be able to get out. Last raid I had probably .05 of a time left before I got out and somehow I am missing in action? That is the biggest bs in a game that I've seen. That's a great mechanic. I lose all my gear because the game can't give that small amount of time to get out. If you are in the exit, you exit. That is how it should always be.

If you are in the exfiltration point, you need to wait given amount of time - usually a 6 second (some extract have shorter times). 

2 hours ago, Demonslayer1246 said:

Last raid I had probably .05 of a time left before I got out and somehow I am missing in action?

You have 0.05 left on the raid time or extraction time?

2 hours ago, Demonslayer1246 said:

If I am in the exit, I don't care if I have 1 second left, I should be able to get out. Last raid I had probably .05 of a time left before I got out and somehow I am missing in action? That is the biggest bs in a game that I've seen. That's a great mechanic. I lose all my gear because the game can't give that small amount of time to get out. If you are in the exit, you exit. That is how it should always be.

You cut it too close. As unpopular as this will be, you have to forgo loot and other things sometimes if you want to extract. If I frag 3 guys and have 3 minutes left in raid and only looted 1 body, I'm extracting and letting them collect insurance so I don't have to as well. 

The forums is not a place for salt mah dude.

Learn from it and extract next time. Just imagine Prapor ordered an air strike on the location and you need to get out before that timer hits 0.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:00 PM, ACuddlyBadger said:

You cut it too close. As unpopular as this will be, you have to forgo loot and other things sometimes if you want to extract. If I frag 3 guys and have 3 minutes left in raid and only looted 1 body, I'm extracting and letting them collect insurance so I don't have to as well. 

It just makes more sense imo. I don't understand why the exits close (maybe someone is locking the doors or something? idk), but you'd think that you would still be able to exit if you are already there. If I am standing a door that just closed, I can still open it irl. I don't honestly care whether or not it is added, it's just an extra annoying thing they made. I don't know exactly how much time I had left (both the raid time and exit timer hit zero and almost the same time), but the reason why I was mad was due to it not giving me the song of death after I extracted and taking the time to load in everything I had (it usually takes longer for me to load my statistics when I have loot) and still not letting me keep them. 

On 7/24/2021 at 2:45 AM, Aussieeeee said:

The forums is not a place for salt mah dude.

Learn from it and extract next time. Just imagine Prapor ordered an air strike on the location and you need to get out before that timer hits 0.

Like I just commented:
A door closed right in front of you when you walked up to it. Are you now unable to open this door? No, you can open it and go inside still regardless of how it just closed a second before you got there.

For the record, you cannot say "forums are not the place for salt" when most of the noobies come straight here to cry about how it is sooooo unfair and how the game is against them.

8 hours ago, Demonslayer1246 said:

It just makes more sense imo. I don't understand why the exits close (maybe someone is locking the doors or something? idk), but you'd think that you would still be able to exit if you are already there. If I am standing a door that just closed, I can still open it irl. I don't honestly care whether or not it is added, it's just an extra annoying thing they made. I don't know exactly how much time I had left (both the raid time and exit timer hit zero and almost the same time), but the reason why I was mad was due to it not giving me the song of death after I extracted and taking the time to load in everything I had (it usually takes longer for me to load my statistics when I have loot) and still not letting me keep them. 

Maybe if map to map travel becomes a thing and raids are more persistent this will change. As of now the best thing I've done is put a mental block in to always give myself enough time to extract plus some leeway if I get into pvp on the way there. Also I have a habit of ignoring extracts like RUAF or ZB1012 on customs because sometimes they aren't open and having to backtrack while sprinting to extract is a good way to get ambushed by somebody who was following you. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

Maybe if map to map travel becomes a thing and raids are more persistent this will change. As of now the best thing I've done is put a mental block in to always give myself enough time to extract plus some leeway if I get into pvp on the way there. Also I have a habit of ignoring extracts like RUAF or ZB1012 on customs because sometimes they aren't open and having to backtrack while sprinting to extract is a good way to get ambushed by somebody who was following you. 

What I did was chase 2 pmcs from my spawn (at roughly 18 minutes left in customs) and I eventually got close to one of the bunker exits. One ended up leaving his backpack on the tracks which had 2 rigs, a AK74u, and loose loot. I took my time trying to get the more useful items because I needed to build my hideout and I wanted armor. I had roughly 2 minutes to spare and only had 20 seconds on my way to Admin Gate. Instead of crawling and getting my stamina back, I chose to walk it out. I don't know if crawling is any faster than just walking, so I never know when to crawl. I assume I should have crawled. It was all a scav run, but there were some much needed parts that I had on me. One being a motor (which I have yet to find still) and another being 10 lightbulbs (for the lighting in the hideout).

You were on the tracks heading towards a bunker exit, I guess it was ZB 1012 and you were a player scav. All advanced techniques and strats aside, the most basic and rewarding thing to do is to make a habit of ensuring you have the time to get to extract. Have contingent time so you have a margin to work with when you become overweight, hungry, or if you have to worry about getting murdered.  Make it a habit you don't even have to think about, the less things you have to worry about, the more you can run on autopilot and think clearly in fights. 

Look at the slot and weight value of items over the course of your gameplay and find out what is and isn't worth carrying. 

11 hours ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

You were on the tracks heading towards a bunker exit, I guess it was ZB 1012 and you were a player scav. All advanced techniques and strats aside, the most basic and rewarding thing to do is to make a habit of ensuring you have the time to get to extract. Have contingent time so you have a margin to work with when you become overweight, hungry, or if you have to worry about getting murdered.  Make it a habit you don't even have to think about, the less things you have to worry about, the more you can run on autopilot and think clearly in fights. 

Look at the slot and weight value of items over the course of your gameplay and find out what is and isn't worth carrying. 

I was heading to admin. My main issue was some random player scav who had no guns following me while I saw 2 pmcs fighting. Idk what he did, but he got executed by a ai scav and it caught me off guard. So I sat slow walking up to train tracks (from old gas) and found some random dude's backpack full of gear. I should have thrown mine, but I needed the parts for my HQ. I took my time and gave myself roughly 2 minutes to get to admin at roughly 80 weight. There were multiple times where I probably should have crawled (is it faster to crawl or just walk it out btw) and ended up with less than half a second. They raid time and exit timer were so on point that I thought the game would give it to me. It did load my loot and everything (because it took a while to load which only happens when I didn't die) and never played the death music, so I was happy with the raid. All of that buildup and the game said I was missing in action. I blame that player scav lol.

On 7/25/2021 at 10:00 AM, Demonslayer1246 said:

A door closed right in front of you when you walked up to it. Are you now unable to open this door? No, you can open it and go inside still regardless of how it just closed a second before you got there.

Unless it's like a watertight door on a submarine or an airlock on a space ship or a big steel door on a bunker. Who is it that operates the extracts? Fence's minions? Maybe the speed of countdown to exit should be related to Fence rep?

Always leave time to extract. There has to be a cut-off. The only time i've ever cut it fine is when I've been badly injured and out of meds. Unable to run or even fast walk, I've literally crawled (usually to Outskirts).

14 hours ago, Dev53 said:

Unless it's like a watertight door on a submarine or an airlock on a space ship or a big steel door on a bunker. Who is it that operates the extracts? Fence's minions? Maybe the speed of countdown to exit should be related to Fence rep?

Always leave time to extract. There has to be a cut-off. The only time i've ever cut it fine is when I've been badly injured and out of meds. Unable to run or even fast walk, I've literally crawled (usually to Outskirts).

So is crawling better to gain stamina than just walking without stamina to the exit?

13 hours ago, Starioshka said:

This is such a non-issue that it only deserves ridicule.

For someone with "Voice of Reason" you really didn't reason with me nor did you describe why it isn't an issue. Like I said, if a door closes on my face, I can still open that door. So, you should still technically be able to get out with less than 2 seconds left because it takes about a second ish to lock those huge doors. 

On 7/24/2021 at 4:11 AM, Demonslayer1246 said:

dude get over it. in games there are rules to play with. in tarkov you need to get to extract before the timer goes down. and for future raids, do not count on that timer, be cause sometimes the counter starts late you may see you have 3 mins left but the game finish before its zero.( this was a bug, don't know they fixed it or not )

like the others said above me, try to manage your time, greed always kill you in tarkov. and don't ruin your day for a bunch of stuff you needed for hideout. you will find even more in your next raids.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, behi09ma said:

dude get over it. in games there are rules to play with. in tarkov you need to get to extract before the timer goes down. and for future raids, do not count on that timer, be cause sometimes the counter starts late you may see you have 3 mins left but the game finish before its zero.( this was a bug, don't know they fixed it or not )

like the others said above me, try to manage your time, greed always kill you in tarkov. and don't ruin your day for a bunch of stuff you needed for hideout. you will find even more in your next raids.

I've not found a single light bulb since posting this so idk what raids you are in that you get all the stuff you need for your hideout lol. It is my first time focusing on hideout and tasks, so I haven't had any luck with things I need. 

15 hours ago, Starioshka said:

@Demonslayer1246Didn't your mom ever tell you "The train doesn't wait for the one pooping"? Or the equivalent to "don't be late" in your country.

Wouldn't "Don't be late" be a more normal approach to any situation anyways? Trains have toilets btw. 

@Demonslayer1246Alright then I'm going to explain an actual childrens saying to you because you managed to miss the point.

"The train doesn't wait for the one pooping"?

In this situation you're delaying potentially hundreds of people and a scheduled piece of machinery from freeing up space in appropriate time, there is no way this entire structure would wait for one person incapable of adapting to it. It's like trying to reason with the rain cloud for it to stop raining.

The train isn't wrong for not considering your needs which you overlooked yourself. 

Trains have toilets btw. 

It's called a metaphor. That is utterly irrelevant.

Edited by Starioshka

On 7/28/2021 at 1:06 AM, Starioshka said:

@Demonslayer1246Alright then I'm going to explain an actual childrens saying to you because you managed to miss the point.

"The train doesn't wait for the one pooping"?

In this situation you're delaying potentially hundreds of people and a scheduled piece of machinery from freeing up space in appropriate time, there is no way this entire structure would wait for one person incapable of adapting to it. It's like trying to reason with the rain cloud for it to stop raining.

The train isn't wrong for not considering your needs which you overlooked yourself. 

It's called a metaphor. That is utterly irrelevant.

You seem pretty angry that I stated how trains have toilets. Consider: Anger Management, a therapist, medication, etc. Have a good day and good luck with your anger.

I actually went ahead and tested the exit and timer. You do not extract based on your exit timer. For some, it is roughly 7 seconds. If the server timer is at 8 seconds and you are in the extract (so the extract timer will be a second ahead of the server timer), you will still be missing in action. If the server timer is at 9 seconds and the extract is at 7, you will also be missing in action. The capacity is when the server timer is at 10 seconds and the extract is at 7. So, I am still going with what I originally said. The server should never override the extract timer. 

Example of what the game is saying:

You open the door to your house, you walk through it, and close it behind you. You are not in your house. Yes, you went through the door and closed it, but you still aren't in the house.

Now no one can say "You should just learn to be quicker and save time to exit". That should not matter. Things can happen on your way there. I don't think that my original point that it should let you exit regardless of how much time is left is a good point, but after testing it online, I think that my new point is correct and how the game should work. 

New Statement: 

The server timer should not override the extract timer in any way. If you get out with even a millisecond to spare, it should count as an extract. It is really surprising to me that having up to 2 seconds to spare would not cut it for you.