Scav karma is not harsh enough

michaelk1

getting tired of being shot in back of head by scav players . there is little effect in reducing the negative gameplay with scav karma. it really needs to be harsher. im trying to raise my scav karma only to be used against me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

what im trying to say, is the slope is not steep enough, it should be way more that .05 at a time.

Edited by michaelk1

karma system needs a buff im sorry its like he said not steep enough and people dont care. There are so many holes in the system. first off, the fact that a scav player has to kill a npc scav before retaining a negative standing in order to then as a player kill the scav killer scav is stupid. Meaning even though the player damages the scav or scav boss and your there to help scav npcs you can not shoot them till after they kill one or u will retain the bad standing even if they had done damage. Second issue which is i understand a hard one to fix is that if a scav player is shooting at you, you can not retaliate till after they hit you. meaning you die cuz in this game the person that shoots first more then likely kills you. so you either let them kill you or receive the bad karma. next is the issue that because of the above issues there isnt enough of a reward for not killing as a scav that positive standing dont really matter to most people so people rather shoot first then care about karma over there loot.

i love the karma system as an idea for this game its something that needs to be in the game but with all these holes its not worth it.

I will agree with what he is saying, i have been getting killed more often then not by people as a scav in the past few days, almost every raid i play im beign a good guy and some asshole chose to shoot me...

I will say this. if your rep with fence incresses due to being a good little scav so should the penalty.  Think of it this way, IF you are 1 or 2. or even max level rep with fence, a .5 is not enough to really hurt you. So there needs to be a sliding punishment. If your rep is getting better with fence, why would he punish you like a pleb? you are getting respect with him with means he trusts you more.  IF you betray that trust the punishment should be higher.

The reason for this is it will prevent players from maxing out their rep. banking what they can and just going on a frenzy killing who ever they so please.

IMO, killing another scav should create massive cooldown scaling.. I was killed by player scavs on 7/9 scav runs yesterday. They are pretending to be friendly, then just shoot me when I start going back to looting. In one of those runs the player scav killed the 2 people I was with also. All they have to do to offset that karma drop is 1 V-Extract.. and they will still get more karma than they lost. They don't care because they can still just run another after their next PMC run. If it takes 8 - 9 hours to craft ammo, I don't see why they can't make it so scav runs are hours between for bad scav lads.

• Like 1

getting killed by scavs should give you sympathy karma. just died again, to a scav player. this game is so harsh, how bout some easing up, there's no reason for it too be this sadistic. 

died again to a scav player. clearly this is never going to work, waste of play time, nothing is going to change until you create player tags and have the ability too see the hostile scav player anywhere on the map.

i mean if you going to create a karma system, its pointless without a means to differentiate who is friend or foe.

karma should be inplace for scavs, bear and usec, being able to see there tag above there head. with a hostile difference with same faction.

At this point, get rid of the Karma system as a whole. It does nothing but act a as detriment to people wanting to utilize their Scavs to the fullest. Most of my encounters with getting killed by other scavs, is just out of griefing. 
However in actuality, I would prefer to use my PMC primarily, but getting matched with other people 4x(+) my level with access to viable ammo often places me in the poverty zone. 

8 hours ago, michaelk1 said:

getting killed by scavs should give you sympathy karma. just died again, to a scav player. this game is so harsh, how bout some easing up, there's no reason for it too be this sadistic. 

Game should never rewards you for being killed. 

7 hours ago, michaelk1 said:

died again to a scav player. clearly this is never going to work, waste of play time, nothing is going to change until you create player tags and have the ability too see the hostile scav player anywhere on the map.

Tarkov is not a game when you can see tagged player. You must decide on your own who is hostile. 

7 hours ago, michaelk1 said:

and for being a good scav i get punished with a 15minute cooldown aswell.

Because you must level up your Karma or Intelligence Centre + Hideout Management to lower your cooldown timer. 

+ Why other Scav players are shooting to you? Maybe you act suspicious, or maybe you are just unlucky and meet non-friendly scavs? Yesterday, I've met 14 friendly Scavs and only 3 non-friendly, so the ratio is pretty good. (of course it does not mean that this situation is everywhere on every server). I advice to hide your gun and show your knife while meeting other player Scav to show your true intentions. I hope it will help.

• Hot 1

@biala_Mewa

#1 you dont understand what karma is.

(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences. choosing not to kill a person is considered good karma, killing is bad karma.

#2 this tarkov is not considered where you can not see a tagged player, why does it have to be this way. plenty of games use tags to help differentiate, why does tarkov choose not too. you give me no argument or reason why it should be that way. all it does it create confusion and anger with your friends, ive been wanting player tags in tarkov for a long time, its one of the worst parts of this game. im not asking to see players threw walls, or every player, but being able to see scav friendly, would not ruin the game.

#3 the new scav karma system doesnt take in account of bad karma players. ie getting shot by an immoral player. that bad karma player gets a longer scav timer, why cant the good karma player gets less time from the untimely death. this is a karma system.

#4 im just looting my way to extraction, keeping careful of pmc's,  scav role is to be able to refinance your pmc. it clearly obvious why another scav player shoots me, they care not for karma and arent that good a person, yes ive had plenty of interactions with nice players, even dropped them some loot ive found.

• Like 1

if a scav-player kills you without any action towards him, the penalty should be higher and you should get good karma points. this goes so far atm that players are shooting in my general direction, to trigger me. ofc if i do, i likely kill him, get more bad karma or wound him and he kills me. and no, i dont act sus ... srsly why is always the one to blame, who comments here? 0,05 points are a bad joke.