This game is so sad right now.

Molferen2

The beginning of the wipe was amazing, i was having alot of fun. I have absolutely no idea what happened, but now everytime i load into Reserve or ANY map for that matter, i run around for 2-10 mins and i eventually run into a cheater or a camper. I have not been able to extract with decent gear for 2 freakin weeks. I have never in my life encountered as many cheaters as i have in this game, on my life. I got 4 of my friends to join in last wipe, they enjoyed the poo out of the game, me aswell. UNTIL this wipe.. We had fun for a while, but this is ridiculous. They, all quit a few days ago and i have to agree with them.. What's the point of playing a game that punishes you hard enough as it is, but when you add cheaters into the mix, this game becomes IMPOSSIBLE. I get it, they're trying to "fix" the cheater problem, but cmon... It's been too long man, it shouldnt take you this long to come up with a fix. (Almost makes you think they want the cheaters to stay, because they keep buying the game over and over again.) Thinking back on it, CS:GO had less cheaters then this.

I freakin' love this game, but the sheer amount of cheaters, rats & campers makes the game so un-enjoyable, i have to put this game on the shelf for a while. Sadly cant recommend this game to anyone until they fix the game.

Cheaters are pronounced in any game in the modern age. There has been a website for cheats that is indexed by google and been running for the pass 14 years. They are able to ghost any known anti-cheat service including Easy Anti-Cheat and Battle eye and are capable of spoofing hardware IDs. Personally I think they are allowed to exist because someone, somewhere is making money. Until it is made illegal in particular countries, it wont go away and there is nothing the devs can really do to stop it on their own.

And yes, I am pretty confident there are some high-profile streamers that use them too. Watch for subtle changes in their aiming for example.

Edited by aceprojectx

No, you guys have no idea how the world of cheats work. Clearly, you have never used any. There are several ways in can go. It's all contingent on how the developers decide to implement anti-cheats. Then, the cheat developers react. I have not cheated in this game. Although, I have in PUBG after playing 6000+ hours and reaching top 50 several seasons. Cheat developers are usually a one man team who sells a certain number of "slots" and raises his prices as his slots fill. Possibly getting resellers if his hack goes undetected for while. All of those websites who have been around 14 years have not had 100% uptime. BattleEye catches things in waves and they turn their cheats off for everyone for a few hours. Work on it immediately and usually have it back up in 2-5h. Sometimes it can take a couple of days. Good ones refund a month or week off a subscription if you get banned. It is a never ending cat and mouse game with big titles. You just have to make sure Anti-Cheat catches blatant crazy stuff like speed hacks and sticky nades and spinning headshots. Actually you'd be surprised how well BattleEye does. The same guy who makes the best PUBG cheats that I know also makes Tarkov hacks. I'm not sure how it gets rampant at times but it hasn't been that bad lately. Another option you can try is to pinpoint what region you're encountering hackers and try to select different servers. Sometimes that works. The goal with modern anti-cheat for big titles should be stop the blatant stuff and make sure only that small % that would get away with it no matter what is the only ones who has it. Which should be less 3-5%. 

Anti-Cheat does not currently use AI or anything sophisticated. If it did then it would catch way more people; currently cheating software is much more sophisticated than anti-cheat and even has system level access. Cheats have the ability to alter the system itself where as anti-cheat does not.

If it was as simple as you think, it would be easy to counter. The more advanced ones are expensive and usually cost a subscription; they even have Machine Learning AI cheats that dont exactly snap on a target right away (much more streamer friendly).  

The cheats you are referring to are basically the back alley drug dealer type where desperate or ignorant people would go, but they have entire teams dedicated to some of them and they make just as much money as a publisher in some cases. 

Anti-cheat is basically AVG Free anti-virus when up against the real stuff.

Also...I been playing online games before you was born. 

Anti-Cheat software is commonly Ring 3 which only scans memory or mid-level processes, sophisticated hacks are ring 0 meaning they can alter your entire computer if neccessary. This lets them hide processes and even control the anti-cheat software itself.

Edited by aceprojectx

6 minutes ago, aceprojectx said:

The more advanced ones are expensive and usually cost a subscription; they even have Machine Learning AI cheats that dont exactly snap on a target right away (much more streamer friendly).  

I saw videos of this used in CSGO over a year ago, at that point in time it consumed a lot of resources but has since been polished. 

19 minutes ago, ACuddlyBadger said:

I saw videos of this used in CSGO over a year ago, at that point in time it consumed a lot of resources but has since been polished. 

Yeah that is why I say the only way to really fight them is by legislation; once there is laws in place then we can actually fight them and get rid of them. Right now there is not a lot of risk involved in hacking a video game and that is the major issue.

Most of our major publishers do not seem too interested in getting rid of them; in fact it is exactly what you think it is; more money.....cough* like EA

Basically most of them that actually get caught is for reasons like...stealing credit cards or ID or something of a unrelated nature.

Edited by aceprojectx

Tarkov(BattleEye) doesn't use "AI" but they do automatically catch things bases on parameters. They(hackers) cannot control the anti-cheat software itself at all. They can find blind spots it misses. All of that stuff is unnecessary though you just need a hide file program and inject files or ESP. All non-scam cheats are a subscription or time based. Like I said it's a never ending cat and mouse. 

On 7/26/2021 at 9:59 AM, tunkey10 said:

Tarkov(BattleEye) doesn't use "AI" but they do automatically catch things bases on parameters. They(hackers) cannot control the anti-cheat software itself at all. They can find blind spots it misses. All of that stuff is unnecessary though you just need a hide file program and inject files or ESP. All non-scam cheats are a subscription or time based. Like I said it's a never ending cat and mouse. 

There is no such thing as un-hackable. No matter who says it. That is what those DRM guys say before their poo gets hacked in a week after release. It is indeed a constant game of cat and mouse. Constant fixes and constant exploits.

Even bitcoin can be hacked by intercepting; however it requires a more direct method, but nearly impossible to do remotely.

Which again is why I believe it can only really be solved by legislation. Do not get me wrong, people will do it, but only at a major risk and likely only from another country. In the bare minimal it will isolate them and make them easier to deal with; and soon after, the majority of them will give it up.

If you need additional proof; consider that anti-virus software has fallen victim to new viruses since the 90s. Viruses that take over the anti-virus itself; that has been a thing even when I was a child.

Granted, viruses are not as big a deal as they used to be; people wised up to click bait emails and suspect web sites. However, that is because there is major risks involved while early on, there was no real legal risks so they created them to attack indiscriminately; until they hit government computers then they finally did something about it.

Edited by aceprojectx