Extremely Slow Load Time After Raid

Yesnik

It was just brought to my attention that my load time back to the menu after a raid are not normal and are way long. What could be possible causes of this long load time? After raid is the only place I experience this. 

Thanks

47 minutes ago, Yesnik said:

It was just brought to my attention that my load time back to the menu after a raid are not normal and are way long. What could be possible causes of this long load time? After raid is the only place I experience this. 

Thanks

Same for me after the wipe. Though my friend's wait time didnt change. 

I've had extremely slow load times to menu since game came out and hasn't changed for me.. takes 2-5 mins to get to menu when my friends take 30 seconds to a min

My game has done this since I started playing last year. My group will even load in first in SCAVs then Ill join up to 2 minutes later. When leaving raid they will all leave first and I will again wait around another 2 minutes before I get out. I have no clue what does this as I have a fairly nice system and internet speeds. The only main difference between me and some friends besides our geographic location is that I run an 8th gen Intel where as they have newer AMDs, but who knows.

I would also like to know if there's a fix for this. I have the i9-11900K. Loading out of a raid, online or offline, takes twice as long as my friends' PCs. They both have i7-9700Ks.  Obviously we deploy as PMCs at the same time, but I will load into scav raids several seconds before them, but if we all extract together my PC takes literally twice as long to get back to the menu.

On 7/24/2021 at 9:28 PM, Yesnik said:

Thanks

@Stew_Pidasohl @Cstain @xNo1Hatedx

are you all using SSD's? either 2.5 inch or nvme?  Or do you have the game on a mechanical drive?

Edited by darklazer32

So, the most common reason that you'll be loading slower than others is simply that you are using a mechanical HDD instead of an SSD of some sort. 

OR

Your SSD is nearing full. Most SSD manufacturers, don't recommend filling your drive past 80% of its total capacity. It will begin to slow as you fill up the storage space. The solution here would obviously be to get rid of some old files or just buy an SSD with larger storage.

In the unlikely event that you have bought an off-brand cheapo SSD from a Chinese reseller, it probably doesn't have a dram cache, and while faster than most mechanical storage, it will not only be slower than most mainstream SSD's (not by a whole lot) but it will also wear out much faster. 

Most SSD's will last 5-10 years under normal usage conditions.

If you really want to, you can use something like Hardware info, https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ to check the health of the drives. 

Edited by darklazer32