How do people feel about this new lvl 20 Flea Market (Please be respectful and constructive)

EdgyKenny

I think the level 20 Flea market is very overkill and will only hurt new players coming in. It doesn't really matter what level cap is placed on it the experienced players know to grind to get it faster while leaving the new players trying to learn the game far behind. Not to mention discouraging them by seeing how long they have to play to reach this new lvl 20 cap. I've played with a few new players that have just started this wipe and 3 weeks in they already feel that they have fallen behind and would rather not attempt to progress further.

The game is meant to be a punishing, harsh hardcore experience. It is not meant to feel welcoming or "new player friendly". Everyone had their time where they were the noob and had no clue what they were doing, but they stuck with it and that's why they're the "experienced players" we have today. I can say for certain that my first few wipes were awful, but I stuck with it and have a large amount of game knowledge that I use to my advantage.

Basically, playing a hardcore game and complaining about hardcore mechanics is like signing up for a boxing tournament and complaining about getting hit.

• Sad 1

I personally think flea market should be at a higher level to keep players from just buying the good gear. It also makes the game harder early on and I personally think that this game should be punishing and hard to learn.

Edited by JohnBlink
  • Sad 1

I was angry at BSG for setting the Flea at level 20 then... I discovered Scav Karma.

I bought EFT at the end of April and this is my first EFT from the beginning of a wipe.

I am level 13.5 with 4 Scav loot boxes and total stash value of over 20 million. I have 3.5 million disposable cash.

I take things steady, do the quests, build the Hideout. Scav run to get the loot, PMC to get the necessary quest items and kills etc.

I am a sniper/rat and play 90% of all my raids solo at night. I avoid PvP unless it's favourable to me. I use crafted AK74 with decent ammo and have found so many electric drills and broken G phones that I have a good supply of Vulcan MG night scopes. I managed to find a set of GPNVG-18 goggles early on but I only use these when playing in a group (gear fear!).

So, in conclusion, Flea Market is now irrelevant. I actually enjoy the hunt for the loot items. I never sell any loot unless I have researched the future use on the EFT Wiki, hence the need for 4 Scav junk boxes!

Find a play style that suits you. If you die too much and run out of money, then that play style obviously doesn't suit you.

On 7/24/2021 at 11:00 PM, Sir_Mossy said:

The game is meant to be a punishing, harsh hardcore experience. It is not meant to feel welcoming or "new player friendly". Everyone had their time where they were the noob and had no clue what they were doing, but they stuck with it and that's why they're the "experienced players" we have today. I can say for certain that my first few wipes were awful, but I stuck with it and have a large amount of game knowledge that I use to my advantage.

Basically, playing a hardcore game and complaining about hardcore mechanics is like signing up for a boxing tournament and complaining about getting hit.

This is spot on! EFT is meant to be different from "other" games and far from easy too. To try and mold it in a similar way to others in any way would be a sin. If a person did not do their homework on the game before purchasing it, that is on them.

Jumping into a pool head-first without checking to see if there is water in the pool beforehand is just reckless. 

I commend BSG for sticking to their guns and not bending to the will of the public. To many times a new game is launched and at first it is and the vision of said game is, a true hit. Then the developers of said game start to implement ideas from the player base and non players as well, to alas have said game turn into a trash pile nothing close to the original concept in the end. This happens far to often in games today.

There is no game mode setting on this game for a reason. Hardcore is hardcore for a reason. Just like in real life there is no easy button. Suck it up and embrace the suck, or don't and move on. 

Was I a bit bummed at first each time they moved the flea-market out further and further, yes, a little bit and for a very short time. I adapted, saw ways to embrace other gameplay ideas and strategies. I play solo and want to talk about it being punishing enough just going about it that way, yet I don't complain or get discouraged. I embrace the good rounds/games and even the high tension moments too. Escape From Tarkov is brutal and I love it! 

Edited by GrindSultan
grammar
  • Upvote 1