Why close and re-open?

JerryLove

It's always been this way, but this is coming up more strongly with many items (gym bags) appearing to spawn in an open state...

... why do I have to close and re-open a container to search it? 

It seems like coming to a container already open would be a win... less noise and faster access; but (and maybe I'm missing a keybind and the issue is actually more like "why is the "F" key to close") no, it's worse/longer.

• Like 1

On Interchange its a bug. All gymbags are open from begin of the raid. I think, its since the update. 

As a scav you just have  containers tho close which are opened in the time you where on the map. If a pmc searched them earlyer, they look closed for you. Dunno if this is a bug or a feature.

But yeah, i get your point. It makes not much sense. I think, you should search an open bag but not have to close it.

Edited by Eisenwanst

I like it when a container is opened. It let's you know someone has been there and there's a low chance of anything good left behind. If I'm playing as a scav I'll go for a look, but as a PMC I just move on.

I'm not complaining that it's already open. 

I'm asking why, to search an open bag, I have to close it and reopen it. Why can't I search an open bag as "already open, saving me a step"?