limb deaths

MarcBorgia

Just wondering if anyone else is on the same page in that, dying to leg meta/damage to the limbs is garbage? You want realistic yet you allow me to do 400dmg to someone before they get a shot off and i die to 2 shots to my legs. It needs reworked, make it so limbs are unfixable and heavy bleeds with any extra hit after so much damage directly to them. Have morphine or one of the other injectors be the only thing that will allow you to walk normally again, if you run you take dmg and the morphine effect wears quicker.  People dont die from losing limbs if treated properly, so it shouldnt kill you here either.

• Upvote 1

I think it's more meant to represent the effects of increased damage to said body part. If you get your arm blown to shreds you're gonna bleed out incredibly quickly, and there's no such thing as being "treated properly" when you're in Tarkov, so yes, you would die.

Its garbage but how else are you supposed to deal with walking tanks wearing body armor if you don't have any AP? Leg meta.

You can't shoot someone in the arm and have the shot go through into their thorax or stomach atm. You can't shoot through body armor gaps. Until then leg meta is your friend as a noob with 7mm buckshot and 153's.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarcBorgia said:

Just wondering if anyone else is on the same page in that, dying to leg meta/damage to the limbs is garbage? You want realistic yet you allow me to do 400dmg to someone before they get a shot off and i die to 2 shots to my legs. It needs reworked, make it so limbs are unfixable and heavy bleeds with any extra hit after so much damage directly to them. Have morphine or one of the other injectors be the only thing that will allow you to walk normally again, if you run you take dmg and the morphine effect wears quicker.  People dont die from losing limbs if treated properly, so it shouldnt kill you here either.

I think limb DMG is too weak. Usually it takes 1 plus mag to kill someone because no matter if that player wear armour or not. That player will soak up alot of DMG into arms etc. 

And it's at least my experience no matter what ammo or armour I basically have to deplete all hitpoints on enemy's. While I'm always getting one tapped. 

Making legs and arms not lethal in any way would just make the game unplayable.

Instead if you use armour you should make sure you use terrain to cover legs and other parts that have no armour..

If anything I think the game would play better if they simplified the DMG and limb system.

Hitbox head, torso and legs. Make armors just a straight extra hitpoints on chest and have special ammo negate ignore the armour hitpoints and regular rounds destroy the hitpoints. Etc. Just streamline it so it's actually consistent and your actual choices matter more than just luck.

@MarcBorgiaKudos for thinking straight, but no this is still a game, even though killing someone with limb shots is near impossible IRL you still can't put it in a video game since it just wouldn't work. Getting shot IRL would scramble your mind too, but there's no way to represent that accurately in a video game.

@chrisragnar No. Everything works just fine and choices are the only thing that matters, there's no luck besides spamming someone in the face with makarov in hopes for a face kill.

9 hours ago, Starioshka said:

@MarcBorgiaKudos for thinking straight, but no this is still a game, even though killing someone with limb shots is near impossible IRL you still can't put it in a video game since it just wouldn't work. Getting shot IRL would scramble your mind too, but there's no way to represent that accurately in a video game.

@chrisragnar No. Everything works just fine and choices are the only thing that matters, there's no luck besides spamming someone in the face with makarov in hopes for a face kill.

In real life, killing some one takes exactly ONE shot to any major blood vessel in the arms or legs...
Just so you know

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Starioshka said:

@xicobalaimage.png.fb1774ba62eeea3a82fd69ffa29aaaf0.png

Say again?

Yikes. But true. People survive massive trauma all the time in real life. Crazy fact, tarkov isn't real life. It's a game.

If you dealt 400 damage to someone in tarkov, that means you likely weren't thorax / head; they turned and did a better job leg metaing than you, simple fact.

This game will never be 100% realistic.

One reason being; get a shattered bone from a bullet and you need a new account. That guy is done for, going home, out of the fight for a good while...... Or even in raid, that same shattered bone. How you gonna make it to extract? Morphine don't fix shattered bones. Might not feel it as bad. But you'd still be pulling a full nake all the way home from that point.... Oh wait, homes a bunker you have to build yourself. Not looking good......

3 hours ago, Starioshka said:

Say again?

Yeah, that's post surgery and recovery, when they had trained medics and medevac on hand. If you had this in Tarkov it would be 12 months between raids.

3 hours ago, Obsydea said:

Yikes. But true. People survive massive trauma all the time in real life. Crazy fact, tarkov isn't real life. It's a game.

If you dealt 400 damage to someone in tarkov, that means you likely weren't thorax / head; they turned and did a better job leg metaing than you, simple fact.

This game will never be 100% realistic.

One reason being; get a shattered bone from a bullet and you need a new account. That guy is done for, going home, out of the fight for a good while...... Or even in raid, that same shattered bone. How you gonna make it to extract? Morphine don't fix shattered bones. Might not feel it as bad. But you'd still be pulling a full nake all the way home from that point.... Oh wait, homes a bunker you have to build yourself. Not looking good......

Bone head, people ONLY survive that kind of trauma because they have FIRST WORLD medical treatment in minutes....not some self administered 'patch' or bandage. You whiinng tits crack me up with these threads. Go out and get shot in the leg 5 times and have your 'kit' to self administer. Guess what? 99 / 100, YOU DIE.

2 minutes ago, chef423 said:

Bone head, people ONLY survive that kind of trauma because they have FIRST WORLD medical treatment in minutes....not some self administered 'patch' or bandage. You whiinng tits crack me up with these threads. Go out and get shot in the leg 5 times and have your 'kit' to self administer. Guess what? 99 / 100, YOU DIE.

Hehe. That's where ' it's a game ' comes in. 

4 hours ago, Starioshka said:

Say again?

This does not disprove what I said. These people were able to survive (thankfully) because they had medical assistence.
If you get a major blood vessel severed you are unconscious in minutes, shock and death by blood loss soon follows without proper treatment.
The ideia that you can self medicate and continue to fight is ludicrous in such cases.
Garanted you can get shot multiple times wherever and it might not hit anything on the inside that is major.

You can get shot on the chest several times and every bullet end up missing/damaging major organs in thesis. 
Of course if we are talking rifle callibers we have a more vicious hidrostactic shock making these probabilities that much smaller

But still it only takes one bullet( or not even that) to a leg or arm to potentially kill a person.

Theres where my coment ends.
I am not advocating putting these things in the game (like the need for receiving first aid from another person, etc)

21 hours ago, Starioshka said:

Well not really. As you said a hit in the face would kill you even with ammo that could not pen the armour you are wearing. And I would argue that most of the time no one will be able to willfully actually aim for the face pixel. But it will happen from spamming and having one lucky hit. 

And people with the right ammo will still not manage to kill their mark even if they get off all shots chest or even head just because the opponent's model manage to have his arms in the right spot to block your shots. The other player didn't actually have control over his arms, so it's the definition of luck.

This and more sets up a game where you can make all the right choices were you actual have control and still have a big chance of just being fuxed over by all the poo you have no control over. You can literally be setting up the perfect situation and start shooting your opponent and by chance he blocks a few shots with his arms and spams a lucky headshot.

@chrisragnarStanding in front of your opponent is far from "a perfect situation". You choose to engage face to face expect a messy fight, and expect messy results.

I choose to run away if I encounter a "fair" face to face fight every time. And people drop in 2 shots consistently since I am shooting at their side or back with carefully selected ammo and where I know it will do the most damage and I will be able to keep delivering more damage if I fail to hit my first shots.

If you have a problem with arms blocking shots instead of crying on the forums CHOOSE to shoot somewhere else where there are no arms. Simple as. 

Edited by Starioshka