Dehydration event is beyond ridiculous now

dapps

Dehydration rates were ridiculously high already. How would you think raising it would be fun?

I understand it's an event to spice things up, but all it's done has caused players are leaving raids earlier... and those that stay are in a constant battle to find extra fluids.

Give yourselves an uppercut BSG and return hydration back to its usual ridiculous level.

Edit: oh, and player scavs are just camping extracts now as they know the chads are leaving early. 

Edited by dapps
  • Like 4
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 6
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Majlo said:

All these "players leaving early" should think of brining in some water themselves, so they can stay in longer.

I brought 2 hydration items and ran out 3 times after that

The hydration rate is absurd. Don't defend it by saying we need to prepare more. 

EFT is already click meta enough... 

Just now, dapps said:

I brought 2 hydration items and ran out 3 times after that

What hydration items did you bring in? Some energy drinks?
I've got an Aquamari water bottle with me and I've barely had to use it so far (over 5 raids so far I've drank less than 20 units of it).

There's plenty of other hydration items to find in raids anyhow.

23 minutes ago, dapps said:

The hydration rate is absurd. Don't defend it by saying we need to prepare more.

Sure, dehydration was quicker than it probably should be already and making even faster now is even further from where it should normally be, but that doesn't change the fact that you the player have to adapt and prepare more.

• Sad 2

Sure, dehydration was quicker than it probably should be already and making even faster now is even further from where it should normally be, but that doesn't change the fact that you the player have to adapt and prepare more.

If it was any slower there would be no point to having it at all. Now(outside the event) you dehydrate atleast once during a really long match. So I don't know what "should be" means in this context.

Edited by Starioshka
  • Sad 1

What is the dehydration event? You run out of water faster in raid? Imo water ran out too slow in raid. 3 days w/o water 3 weeks w/o food. 

why are people complaining. It's basically the start of the new wipe. noone has maxed out metabolism probably. use it as an advantage. and hey, people in their lvl 20's, get dehydrated and complete the pain/tunnel vision quest while hunting pmc's. 

6 hours ago, dapps said:

Dehydration rates were ridiculously high already. How would you think raising it would be fun?

It's just an event which diversifies monotony in Tarkov world. Just take more bottles of water and drink - this event is nice to level up Metabolism skill. Look at positives! Gameplay will be more fun and enjoyable when Tarkov will be having many many different and unexpected events like this one. 

Plus for me this change is more immersive - in my city there's also hot weather right now, so my PMC finally can feel what I feel when going outside 🥵

6 hours ago, dapps said:

Edit: oh, and player scavs are just camping extracts now as they know the chads are leaving early. 

Well, it's not an evidence for correlation 😉 

• Sad 3

how is making it so you have to drink a boat load fun and enjoyable?...also its not realistic, games meant to be realistic no?

how about adding some realism events like scav bosses dont eat multiple headshots

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hamm said:

how is making it so you have to drink a boat load fun and enjoyable?...also its not realistic, games meant to be realistic no?

how about adding some realism events like scav bosses dont eat multiple headshots

I love how people are making it seem like you need to stop every 30 seconds to chug a gallon of water to survive when, in reality, it just requires you to drink 1 to 2 times during each raid to prevent dehydration.

• Upvote 1

What they need to do is have an option on the launcher to participate in these events instead of forcing it on people.

want to participate?

check this box, then servers in your area appear.

dont, check this box and you remain on the servers you have checked..

jesus i should just be a dev with my great ideas that would work for everybody and please everybody

Edited by Hamm

My current gearset I use is Hexgrid, Blackrock, Rys-T, Meta MK47, set of meds, and some grenades. I have a full gamma container and I also have an Evasion Armband as well as a Taiga-1 Melee weapon.
I weigh 26.1kg total.

I have been running around playing raids that last 30+ minutes. I usually run out of water but bringing in something as simple as 1 pineapple juice does the trick to save me.... seriously have no idea why people are complaining...

Bring a milk or a water from therapist with you and switch to painkillers that remove food instead of water. Problem solved ez pz.

• Like 1

Dude I'm level 19 and don't get too much time to play...full time job and other poo. 

These kind of events just hammer me down even harder.

"Prepare more" Easier said than done - I can't keep spending money on drinks when I still can't even buy good food cause questing and leveling is longer.

• Like 1

I have no idea how people are having issues with bringing water into a raid. If you need ammo during a raid, do you bring that in? What about armour?

We need to prepare more.

7 minutes ago, Seeker75 said:

Dude I'm level 19 and don't get too much time to play...full time job and other poo. 

These kind of events just hammer me down even harder.

"Prepare more" Easier said than done - I can't keep spending money on drinks when I still can't even buy good food cause questing and leveling is longer.

Another typical example of "I don't have time to play a game that requires a time investment, so I'm gonna complain about the game taking too much time to get anywhere".

Life hack: Don't spend time doing things you don't have time to do.

• Like 1
  • Cold 1
  • Upvote 1

I was gonna post smth in the forums to say how great I think it is for the game to have events like this.

It changes the pace of the game, spices things up and makes the economy more dynamic, but all I see is complaints... 😂

Just bring water stop using ibuprofen painkillers and you'll be fine. Just adapt? Don't be a crybaby? You chose to play a hard game didn't you?

Hello,

So this event is legit Not very fun for someone under level 20 (currently level 11). Therapist doesn't have any water for sale as its being bought out at restock.

I only get .5 water from hideout. With my stats I go from 100 water to 50 water in around 7 mins of raid time.

On scav runs I just run from food spot to food spot and end up needing to drink half of what I find (if I find any) to get to exit.

Legit what do I do? Please help. I don't want to wait 30 mins between pmc runs for my water to come back

image.png.06ac09699314af40f5862d9152fbedce.png

• Like 1

Usually you become dehydrated about 3/4 of the way through the raid which isn’t really realistic IMO but whatever it’s a mechanic they think the game needs.

this event has my PMC at almost zero hydration within 15 minuets now or roughly 1/4 of the way through the raid. I get they are trying to spice things up but I think it would be a much better idea if they came up with a better event other than “now you need to bring in two water bottles which are sold out instantly after trader reset into raid” rather than come up with an actual event that is interesting and fun.

then again bad ideas is BSGs MO so I guess it’s par for the course.

@Caster89Actual

Usually you become dehydrated about 3/4 of the way through the raid which isn’t really realistic 

How? That's like 16 hours (game time) without water WHILE doing loads of strenuous activity. Sure you might not die IRL, but you would be in a really tough spot.

@KnyhtHere some ancient Wipe 1 wisdom: Raids take under 5 minutes. Anything above that is a waste of time and a failure in strategy.

We need to prepare more.

Edited by Starioshka

@Starioshka With skills like covert movement around I think the devs had an idea that players should have options in their play style. 5 Mins? Do you not like looking around for other PMCs or loot.

Also running things in 5 mins doesn't solve anything. Ill get 4 of these "rush raids" and then have to sit and wait until my water slowly regains. Also I am level 11. Rushing to a spot to grab one item and rushing out doesn't warrant a lot of exp. The more I explore a map during raid the More experience I get. Surviving the raid gets me 150% more experience.

Slow and steady wins the race. Didn't you ever read about the Turtle and the Hare :)

We need to have fun more.

Edited by Knyht

@KnyhtIn this case you do your quest and pick up a few trinkets along the way to the exit, but never stick around to loot.

You survive more because you're not around other players too much = more times survived = more money.

I wouldn't call them "rush raids". Just properly planned. There is absolutely no reason to stay around any longer than it is necessary to accomplish a quest or to stuff your backpack full.

Edited by Starioshka