Dehydration event is beyond ridiculous now

dapps

spacer.pngThey should add water bladders if they want to really replicate realistic kits... 

Edited by yallqueda

41 minutes ago, peashrek said:

Well, as a new player who is learning the game:

This, below lvl 20 is simply making a lot of players have to wait a lot between raids or to play scav runs to just try to grab some water. 

Traders do not sell and without flea-market access, there's no way a player can get hydrated between non-stop raids. 

This is frustrating because its not like a player or something complex thats keeping you down, its just that you cant find or buy water because those who can find and buy are grabbing them all to sell on flea-market high prices.

Sucks to pay a lot in a game that makes you wait just like a free phone game.

I agree. Now I have to either wait for my hydration to regenerate or enter the game with low hydration and hope to find something to drink which puts me in a bad situation with debuffs anyway. I wanted to play with my friends today, but playing 4 means dividing the water by 4. The fact that I have to drink 3 bottles of water in a 40 minute game seems neither realistic nor good for the game's climate. It only makes me wait just to play a game for which I paid 100 € like in some mobile game

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 8:27 AM, Majlo said:

All these "players leaving early" should think of brining in some water themselves, so they can stay in longer.

Well jeez, why didn't i think of that?  

*goes to therapist to buy some water* Darn, all out.

*goes to market to buy some water* Oh wait, i'm not level 20

*does scav run to get some water* ... *promptly shot by another player scav*

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Fyction said:

*goes to therapist to buy some water* Darn, all out.

On the 29th Therapist was still selling water, albeit at a slightly higher price than before the event started (went from around 12k to 17k).

As for surviving without being able to purchase water from the Therapist - I'm personally doing just fine. I find more liquids in raids than I need most of the raids I play and end up having extra in my stash.
I can of course buy water from the player market (as I'm above level 20), but I've not had to thus far for staying hydrated, only for continuing my crafting in the hideout.

6 minutes ago, Majlo said:

On the 29th Therapist was still selling water, albeit at a slightly higher price than before the event started (went from around 12k to 17k).

It's funny you say that.  I didn't pay attention to the notes, so i didn't learn about the dehydration event until yesterday.  Prior to that, i had been gone on a business trip so i had a while in between playing.  When i returned home and played and saw my water dropping fast, my first thought was simply that my character wasn't skilled enough to keep water retention up.  To the point, i didn't buy any extra volumes.  I've been farming it a bit here and there as i can.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fyction said:

It's funny you say that.  I didn't pay attention to the notes, so i didn't learn about the dehydration event until yesterday.  Prior to that, i had been gone on a business trip so i had a while in between playing.  When i returned home and played and saw my water dropping fast, my first thought was simply that my character wasn't skilled enough to keep water retention up.  To the point, i didn't buy any extra volumes.  I've been farming it a bit here and there as i can.

My situation was different. I saw the image of the Russian news posted in one of the discord servers I am in on the day it came out just as I got home from work. I translated it to the best of my abilities and shared my translation with my friends. I've seen these kinds of events where they just post a picture (usually of news or documents) and with it comes a change to the game.

This time the event read that there would be a heatwave for a few days, hydration recovery would be slowed and hydration would be lost faster.
I saw on the market that prices of water related items were higher, that my filters in the hideout worked slower, etc.
I did not buy any water then and there to "stock up", as I already had a good supply from before, but I did stop crafting moonshine as it was no longer profitable, as the clean water was worth just as much on it's own on the market.

I was of course above level 20 before the event even hit the servers, but I have not had to use this advantage to survive, as I said, I usually go net positive on finding stuff in raids anyway.

If you're still hurting for liquids, PM me on the forums and I can give you my discord tag we could maybe go on a few raids together - water is on me. :P

On 7/30/2021 at 6:39 PM, Biala_Mewa said:

No, you can loot Goshan and Woods. Here you can find many drinks and food:

image.thumb.png.68617515babc23967c083a818c6fb081.png

Today in one raid I've found 5 Tarcolas, 4 Energy drinks, Ice Tea, EWR and Water. You don't need only Flea Market to buy items. 

I guess you have not noticed, but when you die in a raid you get nothing!

• Like 1

Village and Emercom on woods.

If they've been picked clean look for floor spawns and in nooks that players skim over. Old sawmill and abandoned village have some spots that are rarely hit up and fairly mild in spiciness.

Hit up stashes along your route and hope the RNG gods are favourable.

On 7/29/2021 at 7:21 AM, dapps said:

Dehydration rates were ridiculously high already. How would you think raising it would be fun?

I understand it's an event to spice things up, but all it's done has caused players are leaving raids earlier... and those that stay are in a constant battle to find extra fluids.

Give yourselves an uppercut BSG and return hydration back to its usual ridiculous level.

Edit: oh, and player scavs are just camping extracts now as they know the chads are leaving early. 

Hmm, people will camp and always have camped. Get over it!

Since you also mentioned the fact, if you used this information/knowledge correctly, YOU would be prepared to deal with said campers accordingly and not blame the great people at BSG for your shortcomings. 

Do you complain about everything in your average day as well in life? A challenge is a challenge for a reason. It is not to cater to your needs but to challenge one to adapt and switch things up as well. Mundane is NEVER fun. I for one am glad to see another element of surprise implemented from the people at BSG. 

On 7/29/2021 at 9:34 PM, Sir_Mossy said:

Another typical example of "I don't have time to play a game that requires a time investment, so I'm gonna complain about the game taking too much time to get anywhere".

Life hack: Don't spend time doing things you don't have time to do.

So I bought and played when I wasn't required to devote my entire life to it - now it's basically too bad. Can I get a ref- oh wait.

Some changes aren't good, and I'm allowed to disagree with them. The comments of - "too bad, shut up, and don't play if you don't have the time," just kill the community.

I know what I'm doing and how to play and hit my levels fairly easily (just got 20 even after a few weeks of extreme casual play), but new players are going to slog and I can imagine many not enjoying the suck after release. And they may view coming to a community online that says "if you don't like it and don't have the time, don't play/leave" as pretty terrible. I've got years of experience playing on and off - and some things I just don't like.

Nice to see things haven't changed and why I stuck to lurking for so long.

Edited by Seeker75

17 minutes ago, Seeker75 said:

So I bought and played when I wasn't required to devote my entire life to it - now it's basically too bad. Can I get a ref- oh wait.

Some changes aren't good, and I'm allowed to disagree with them. The comments of - "too bad, shut up, and don't play if you don't have the time," just kill the community.

I know what I'm doing and how to play and hit my levels fairly easily (just got 20 even after a few weeks of extreme casual play), but new players are going to slog and I can imagine many not enjoying the suck after release. And they may view coming to a community online that says "if you don't like it and don't have the time, don't play/leave" as pretty terrible. I've got years of experience playing on and off - and some things I just don't like.

Nice to see things haven't changed and why I stuck to lurking for so long.

So I guess being "vile and toxic" is just stating facts and being straightforward with people?

My first wipe was a poo show, as I had played nearly 1000 raids and had not a single successful PMC kill. I stuck with the game (even though I died every raid and hardly ever got out with anything) and now I am where I am now. I didn't get here by complaining like a whiny crybaby on the forums about how the devs should make it easier for me to get gear and money, but by sticking with it and LEARNING.

I, along with the people who actually care about the experience EfT is trying to provide, don't want crybabies who barely game to have influence over a game that requires a decent time investment to get anywhere. The trajectory of this game should be minimally influenced by people who barely play 20 hours a month (roughly 1 raid a day, which isn't that much play time). If you even try to remotely suggest that 20 hours a month is "too much", then you're the last person BSG should be taking advice from. 1 raid a day before bed is far from "devoting your life to the game", and if you can't manage that, don't play the game or don't complain it takes too much time investment.

16 hours ago, rickyr0llin said:

16 hours ago, rickyr0llin said:

Bottom line, for those of us who just prefer to run back to back PMC's with full gear, with or without 5 mans, we run out of water fast. You usually make it out alive.

Shouldn't even had to use a scav to get water. I run PMC's back to back currently and haven't used a scav once during this event to get water. Found tons of water on PMC's I killed and plenty of water around the maps. 

If people quit over this, good riddance I guess? 

2 minutes in a woods raid as PMC:
152fb2f2d1210c635499506ed74e8d70.png
5 minutes in an interchange raid: 
6ab1b8daffa013e3e27205be1118514f.png

And so on.. Bottom line, water is extremely easy to acquire, even without flea, but It won't come to you if you sit in a bush for 45 minutes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rickyr0llin said:

To all you kids saying just go find the water or "I'm doin fine", or go scav run... Just STFU already not everyone plays the same and we sure in the hell don't want to continuously do boring ass scav runs. ADMIT this event is stupid and nothing but a game killer. Literally people are going to quit playing. Taking away the water from therapist was the most brain dead move from the devs, jesus what were they thinking? They weren't clearly. Maybe they were thinking the player base needs a break to go play CSGO, Rust, League, or something else? Clear up some servers? I think I'll take them up on that. Bottom line, for those of us who just prefer to run back to back PMC's with full gear, with or without 5 mans, we run out of water fast. You usually make it out alive. I can't be bothered to wait or scav run and go on an extra special loot mission to find water, fk that. Just put the waters back up(And no they wouldn't be out of stock if this event wasn't going on). I usually brought 2 waters or something equivalent into raids before this event, especially if you need to use painkillers a lot. Ill continue to log in and see if therapist has water back in stock.. until then it's CSGO time I guess. Have fun killing your game Nakita! lul

To be frank if you have the flee market just buy water. If not there are places on every map where they have very high spawn rates for water and food. Like on Interchange you have Goshin, on Customs you have Fortress, on Woods you have Cabins or the towns. 

Do not get me wrong, this event is just stupid and ends up me losing $30k profit on raids because I cant be bothered to do anything more than buy them on the flee....but it isnt a massive deal. Still agree that it is a stupid event. 

I just thought events were supposed to be fun. I do not see the value add of this event personally. I just find it silly. 

Edited by Evilwayz

This event is just temporary change to make game more interesting. Yes - it is more interesting, because it forces the players to actually use their knowledge about the game. Yes - knowledge in EFT is very important. Knowledge of mechanics, systems, ammunition, armours, prices, Hideout, skills, movement, economics, maps and many many more.

Right now players are challenged by the situation when there's a lack of water and other drinks. Suddenly, your attitude to game must be changed for a few days. That's why you should avoid having some kind of habits. Because everything could change without warning. Little, not dangerous event has shown how players are prepared to survive. 

First, this event is not stopping you from playing. Everything remains the same. Only thing that you need to counter is dehydration. What it means that your PMC will be losing his "water" quicker? During this event, you just need to use your knowledge about certain mechanics of the game. Analyse: I am loosing my hydration, so maybe during this event I will stop eating food that causes more dehydration, I will stop pre-use the painkillers, I will try to avoid getting shot in the stomach, I will start to collect some drinks. Where I can find them? Here we come with map knowledge: Goshan, big shop with magazines could be useful. Supply boxes which can be found on Woods or D2, whole new part of the Woods - there's plenty of food to find. Purple suitcases left on the Interchange's highway. Little shop on Customs, Shoreline, Kitchen in one of the Pawns Building on Reserve. 

Second, this game was always about knowledge. It's very important in Tarkov. Habits won't help you survive  - what if one day Therapist won't have ANY medicaments? You will be facing the same situation again: I have no meds, so I need to find this. And THEN your knowledge will HELP you. 

By complaining and saying that this event is "very bad, stupid, useless" etc actually you are not helping BSG developing their game. Maybe try to make some more constructive feedback and post your own idea how to improve such events without being salty and having negative attitude? For example, by giving some specific ideas to discuss. 

To the new players: removing water from Therapist is not a change that takes away the ability to play. Unfortunately, many of you treated it this way. You can still do raids as your PMC and Scavs. Just try to face this situation: ,,I can't buy a drink? Ok, lets do 1-3 Scav runs on Interchange to find some water". Again - knowledge. It's really important in Tarkov, trust me. 

Believe me or not, this event brings something fresh to the game. It feels like the Tarkov world is alive. Something is happening - there is a weather which can change and affect the gameplay. What are the positives? You can level up your Metabolism skill faster. Take advantage of it. Tarkov is all about knowledge and proper preparation. You can disagree with that, but that is the truth. EFT is different game than other products. It won't hold your hand. It requires you to LEARN and LEARN and LEARN. Constantly learn. 

Best regards,  wish you luck in Tarkov

• Like 1
  • Hot 2

Didn't have any hydration, and as a level 17 I couldn't get any. Went everywhere people said to find hydration items. Didn't find any... Had to wait out this "event"

"jUsTpRePaReMoRe" the spastic reply of someone that doesn't understand what the word PREpare means.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/prepared

Edited by Fly_Guy8791
you know why

2 hours ago, Biala_Mewa said:

This event is just temporary change to make game more interesting. Yes - it is more interesting, because it forces the players to actually use their knowledge about the game. Yes - knowledge in EFT is very important. Knowledge of mechanics, systems, ammunition, armours, prices, Hideout, skills, movement, economics, maps and many many more.

Right now players are challenged by the situation when there's a lack of water and other drinks. Suddenly, your attitude to game must be changed for a few days. That's why you should avoid having some kind of habits. Because everything could change without warning. Little, not dangerous event has shown how players are prepared to survive. 

First, this event is not stopping you from playing. Everything remains the same. Only thing that you need to counter is dehydration. What it means that your PMC will be losing his "water" quicker? During this event, you just need to use your knowledge about certain mechanics of the game. Analyse: I am loosing my hydration, so maybe during this event I will stop eating food that causes more dehydration, I will stop pre-use the painkillers, I will try to avoid getting shot in the stomach, I will start to collect some drinks. Where I can find them? Here we come with map knowledge: Goshan, big shop with magazines could be useful. Supply boxes which can be found on Woods or D2, whole new part of the Woods - there's plenty of food to find. Purple suitcases left on the Interchange's highway. Little shop on Customs, Shoreline, Kitchen in one of the Pawns Building on Reserve. 

Second, this game was always about knowledge. It's very important in Tarkov. Habits won't help you survive  - what if one day Therapist won't have ANY medicaments? You will be facing the same situation again: I have no meds, so I need to find this. And THEN your knowledge will HELP you. 

By complaining and saying that this event is "very bad, stupid, useless" etc actually you are not helping BSG developing their game. Maybe try to make some more constructive feedback and post your own idea how to improve such events without being salty and having negative attitude? For example, by giving some specific ideas to discuss. 

To the new players: removing water from Therapist is not a change that takes away the ability to play. Unfortunately, many of you treated it this way. You can still do raids as your PMC and Scavs. Just try to face this situation: ,,I can't buy a drink? Ok, lets do 1-3 Scav runs on Interchange to find some water". Again - knowledge. It's really important in Tarkov, trust me. 

Believe me or not, this event brings something fresh to the game. It feels like the Tarkov world is alive. Something is happening - there is a weather which can change and affect the gameplay. What are the positives? You can level up your Metabolism skill faster. Take advantage of it. Tarkov is all about knowledge and proper preparation. You can disagree with that, but that is the truth. EFT is different game than other products. It won't hold your hand. It requires you to LEARN and LEARN and LEARN. Constantly learn. 

Best regards,  wish you luck in Tarkov

Fair enough. I personally feel like events should be less grindy feeling. As an example...crazy weather fronts are a welcomed change that change the dynamics of everything. A heat front really changed nothing about the dynamics other than making it feel more grindy. 

Fog front was fun. Crazy rain was fun. Both changed the entire dynamic of the game. Players started setting up with thermals or else you were only going with close range weapons since you couldnt see much past 20 feet. It changed how you ran around because places that were wide open you were now able to move as a result of the cover of fog or rain.

Changing the Scavs to raiders or placing bosses on different maps. Again that was a blast as EVERYONE approached each map completely differently. Like before I knew based on where I spawned where all the players that spawned around me would move. I would be correct 70-80% of the time and know where to look. All of a sudden you give them a new place to push towards and now all of that knowledge has to be adapted.

So now lets go into SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW EVENTS. 

1. Jumbled Loot. Change where the good loot is spawning. All of a sudden you have graphics cards spawning in Goshin or Phased Array's spawning in the brick watchtower on Reserve. This would force players to look all over the maps for loot. They would be on the map for longer which means running into more scav players. Scav players would also get a much higher chance of finding good loot since nobody would know where to look like they do now. This would completely change the dynamics of each map. All the usual travel paths need to be thrown out and adapted.

2. Weapon cache in Dorms on customs. There are so many empty rooms in dorms on customs. Add a weapon cache that has a high chance of spawning marked room weapons. Players would all be pushing to dorms from all points of the map.

3. Pistols only. Just like labs will not allow you to que up without a labs keycard. Make it so you cant que with any weapon in your primary or secondary slot. A few days of everyone running pistols would be an absolute blast. You want to talk about a change in dynamics this would be a good bit of fun. You also would likely want to be out of the raid before the Scav players get in. Could even spawn the normal scavs in with only pistols.

4. Same concept as pistols, but with armor. Only allow players to que up with paca armor. I am willing to bet players are going to be a lot more careful when they do not have level 6 armor to protect them.

5. PMC's get Scav Extracts and visa versa Scavs get PMC extracts. Regardless which side you enjoy playing you have to learn new extracts. All the extract campers have to rethink how they are playing and find new ways to camp. I imagine you would have a TON of players running Reserve when players can extract heating pipe or Depot Hermatic Door. All of a sudden Reserve is easier to extract, which is the annoyance for most new players as to why they do not like Reserve.

Anyways all of these change the dynamics of the game. It is not just some silly grindy annoyance. 

9 hours ago, Sir_Mossy said:

So I guess being "vile and toxic" is just stating facts and being straightforward with people?

My first wipe was a poo show, as I had played nearly 1000 raids and had not a single successful PMC kill. I stuck with the game (even though I died every raid and hardly ever got out with anything) and now I am where I am now. I didn't get here by complaining like a whiny crybaby on the forums about how the devs should make it easier for me to get gear and money, but by sticking with it and LEARNING.

I, along with the people who actually care about the experience EfT is trying to provide, don't want crybabies who barely game to have influence over a game that requires a decent time investment to get anywhere. The trajectory of this game should be minimally influenced by people who barely play 20 hours a month (roughly 1 raid a day, which isn't that much play time). If you even try to remotely suggest that 20 hours a month is "too much", then you're the last person BSG should be taking advice from. 1 raid a day before bed is far from "devoting your life to the game", and if you can't manage that, don't play the game or don't complain it takes too much time investment.

I've got multiple wipes under my belt. I can get 5-6 raids in a night during the week. Now that I have the FM, I can easily get the last remaining items I need for certain quests I've been waiting on, and wait for the rests. I can power through my hideout and max it in no time, again. I don't even need to use scav runs, but I still do (I like to, because I've had some great and hilarious interactions with other player scavs. RIP Pom-hat scav, you didn't deserve what they did to you).

Even WITH the event, I was able to still play. I was just saying, I didn't enjoy it, and it was a pain. The risks were a slightly higher, and having a basic stash size, I never had much food and water saved to begin with (it was always filled with hideout items, quest items, and attachments for the future, cause I prepared for that stuff and knew what was coming)

I've done it all in Tarkov, with minimal hours - BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING. I use the wiki. I used to watch every big streamer and youtuber's guides making sure I knew exactly what I was doing even BEFORE I started playing. Trying to get on my case as if you know exactly the hours or my effort is stupid, childish, and uninformed. This used to be my LIFE.

"The trajectory of this game should be minimally influenced by people who barely play 20 hours a month (roughly 1 raid a day, which isn't that much play time). If you even try to remotely suggest that 20 hours a month is "too much", then you're the last person BSG should be taking advice from. 1 raid a day before bed is far from "devoting your life to the game", and if you can't manage that, don't play the game or don't complain it takes too much time investment"

Pretty high and mighty viewpoint - I paid for the game, I played plenty, I'm fairly good. I'm allowed to voice my opinion. You're allowed to disagree - that doesn't mean anyone you disagree with or doesn't fit your little bubble should be silenced. Deal with it, and continue to get better.

"I didn't get here by complaining like a whiny crybaby on the forums about how the devs should make it easier for me to get gear and money, but by sticking with it and LEARNING."

You're whining about me not liking something - get over it. I have an opposing opinion. It's life. And I'm not saying things should be easier for me to get gear and money - on the contrary. My first time playing, money and gear were harder than ever to get. NOW, walk in the park. Scavs are stacked. Loot is everywhere. The dehydration was an annoyance (much like your white knighting for BSG) due to the fact that I haven't shelled out enough money IRL to be able to hold onto half of Interchange's water supply in my stash at any given moment.

I can play an ultracore FPS with little time and still do well, but I'm just not enjoying it anymore - so I'm ending this wipe early.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hilarious thread.

I think i read someone bringing in 2 juiceboxes and water(?) and still running out.
I think some people are literally chugging resources at 99 HYD/99 NRG

i have found it literally impossible to die of thirst or hunger as you can get drinks/food from any random scav and there are boatloads of food/drinks in literally every section of the map

I would LOVE to see someone record their game and die of thrist/starvation while going through all the logical places where these items spawn and NO, laying on the grass thinking you can suck the moisture from the ground does not work and will promptly kill you as a human bean

Lol