My in-game progress is gone/Settings issue.

GrindSultan

I fired up the game today and all of my progress is gone. This includes my character as well. I had to chose my language and load out again as well. This is odd. I did not see any place that a wipe had been done. Even more odd was that all my custom key binds and in-game setting stayed the same and did not reset. Another issues is that the  character voice call out/commands (AKA PHRASES) are linked to the interface setting under volume settings. This is odd and annoying as this setting also makes the damn clicks, drag/drop/scavenge noises loud as all hell as well. All I want is to hear the voice of my character better and not all of the latter mentioned. What good is and the point of CHAT VOLUME under sound settings if it is not connected to anything or the point of that setting to begin with? This should be connected to the characters voice at the least or another section for adjusting this and this alone. Thank you. 

Edited by GrindSultan
grammar

@GrindSultan Probably someone has access to your account and reset, or ... but I say with sad in my heart, you were "drunk" and reset your account not knowing what you do. A joke but just half. :P

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 10:40 AM, Xarc said:

@GrindSultan Probably someone has access to your account and reset, or ... but I say with sad in my heart, you were "drunk" and reset your account not knowing what you do. A joke but just half. :P

Ha, nice one. I will do you one better my friend. I was more than drunk, how about this, I'm a total bonehead. I had not played in a couple of months and during this time .... wait for it. I forget that Tarkov has wipes. LOL!  

Thanks for your comment. :)

doh.jpg

• Cold 2

21 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

When was the last time you played before you logged in and noticed everything was reset?

Dear good, hardworking person from the BSG crew. I regretfully and with much embarrassment must inform you that I had not played for a couple of months or more. During this time my brain decided to stop working apparently and I forgot that you have wipes. So this is all on me and my the one cell functioning in my brain at the time.  

I do still stand by my suggestion that BSG separate the players in-game character call out voice settings from other in game settings.

Keep up the great work and thank you! :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Someone probably had access to your account and reset it, or... unfortunately, terrible to say, you were "drunk" and reset your account without understanding what you were doing. A joke, but just half-joke.

• Sad 1

Smooth brain time. Good one mate. Made me laugh. :) But respect for recognizing your own Mistake, takes courage to do that. Most people would not do that.

3 hours ago, Xarc said:

@GrindSultan Shiro could have right ... I forgot about the wipe maybe because you didn't said when you played last time.

Sorry for my incomplete answer.

No reason to apologize my friend. I understood your intention and was not amiss in anyway by your original reply. Cheers!  

2 hours ago, Leitbild said:

Smooth brain time. Good one mate. Made me laugh. :) But respect for recognizing your own Mistake, takes courage to do that. Most people would not do that.

I laughed at myself too once I realized what I had done. Thank you for your good words and the recognition too. You just helped make my day that much better. May you have a great day and games as well. 

• Like 1