BSG covering up broken weather cycle with event?

Molferen2

This "Event" is so weird.. Dont get me wrong, i get that they're trying to implement some variety to the game. But it doesnt make any sense adding it this early in the wipe.. It must be hell for people who havent unlocked flea-market yet.. Having to sit and wait for Therapist to re-stock on water, because it's sold out in a matter of minutes. My friend wrote me and asked how he was supposed to play, when he cant even buy water? He literally has to sit and wait for Therapist to re-stock or afk until he's hydration goes up to 100 again. This is not exactly friendly to new players.

Starting to think they might've broken the weather cycle and is trying to cover it up with this so called "Event".

• Sad 2

Event is breaking monotony. Tarkov world is finally feeling "alive", something is happening. You can find plenty of drinks on Woods, in supply boxes (huge wooden chests) or the best place is Goshan. I've attached mini map. Game needs preparation from player. And you can prepare not only on Flea Market or Traders. Spawn items knowledge is very useful and helpful. Check out the map and do Scav run. Or suitcases on highway and crates near the construction site (Interchange). 

image.png.73765b7bc462807e8febd67aca4d8b9f.png

• Like 2

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Biala_Mewa:

Event is breaking monotony. Tarkov world is finally feeling "alive", something is happening. You can find plenty of drinks on Woods, in supply boxes (huge wooden chests) or the best place is Goshan. I've attached mini map. Game needs preparation from player. And you can prepare not only on Flea Market or Traders. Spawn items knowledge is very useful and helpful. Check out the map and do Scav run. Or suitcases on highway and crates near the construction site (Interchange). 

Well, the monotony in this game, for the most part, comes from the quests. Putting a Aquamari in my safecontainer doesn't really change the game for me, and most likely, many other players. 

16 hours ago, refizuhl said:

Well, the monotony in this game, for the most part, comes from the quests. Putting a Aquamari in my safecontainer doesn't really change the game for me, and most likely, many other players. 

the events no meant to be game braking but just has a small change to how you play, no people have to take water if they think they will be in raid for a while, this means that if you dont want to loose water because price went up people put in in container and that means they cant carry the meds in case so they have to buy more meds.

i would sooner play with this change than the fog we had last time

vor 4 Stunden schrieb DavisM1988:

the events no meant to be game braking but just has a small change to how you play, no people have to take water if they think they will be in raid for a while, this means that if you dont want to loose water because price went up people put in in container and that means they cant carry the meds in case so they have to buy more meds.

i would sooner play with this change than the fog we had last time

No fog is always good. But nothing has changed through this event at all. I also don't need more medics than usual, because I don't put them into my safecontainer. And, it has to be said, people who haven't hit level 20 by now are kinda ducked in the arse. They can't buy water, neither via Therapist nor the Flea Market. And yes, I know that "they simply can do scavruns", but that's not the point. +0.55 hydration per Minute if you're not in a raid is just lame, it takes almost 3 ducking hours to go from 0 to 100 hydration. What will be the next "fun" event? Shortage of medical supply and Therapist won't sell anything to bandage and heal yourself up? Ammunition shortage and you won't be able to shoot? 
TL;DR: can events be fun, challenging or whatever? yes of course, but only if they are implemented in a good or creative way, without hitting harder the low-level playerbase than the mid- to highlevel playerbase. 

3 hours ago, refizuhl said:

No fog is always good. But nothing has changed through this event at all. I also don't need more medics than usual, because I don't put them into my safecontainer. And, it has to be said, people who haven't hit level 20 by now are kinda ducked in the arse. They can't buy water, neither via Therapist nor the Flea Market. And yes, I know that "they simply can do scavruns", but that's not the point. +0.55 hydration per Minute if you're not in a raid is just lame, it takes almost 3 ducking hours to go from 0 to 100 hydration. What will be the next "fun" event? Shortage of medical supply and Therapist won't sell anything to bandage and heal yourself up? Ammunition shortage and you won't be able to shoot? 
TL;DR: can events be fun, challenging or whatever? yes of course, but only if they are implemented in a good or creative way, without hitting harder the low-level playerbase than the mid- to highlevel playerbase. 

any every they do will hit some one hard, as that is what they are designed to do, sink some money and also give you something else to think about in the raid,  there is plenty of place to get liquids when paying any raid if players realy can not find water then i think you need to change you directive of the raids they are entering, they need to go in thinking i need water first then when i have water i can move on to what i need to do even if that is run interchange get lots of water survive and then move on to the next map to quest,    its designed to make people think and not spawn and run for quest item or rear loot,  its showing player they need to know where to get all different items around the game to survive,    they have said there will be events like one of the traders will not be available and this could also mean no flea market during this time so this would affect all the high level players who use lots of good gear and ammo they will run out faster, so it will affect there game play style.

Like the even last wipe when fuel went and people could not run hideouts, they are just events for a short time to change the game play slightly, and yes it will affect some more than others

On 7/31/2021 at 12:29 AM, Molferen2 said:

This "Event" is so weird.. Dont get me wrong, i get that they're trying to implement some variety to the game. But it doesnt make any sense adding it this early in the wipe.. It must be hell for people who havent unlocked flea-market yet.. Having to sit and wait for Therapist to re-stock on water, because it's sold out in a matter of minutes. My friend wrote me and asked how he was supposed to play, when he cant even buy water? He literally has to sit and wait for Therapist to re-stock or afk until he's hydration goes up to 100 again. This is not exactly friendly to new players.

Starting to think they might've broken the weather cycle and is trying to cover it up with this so called "Event".

Your mind is "think" ing to hard, or more like attempting to make it the fault of BSG because you just can't handle or don't like something. I do just fine with my PMC and scav runs and I just started a month late after the most recent wipe and I run solo. Tarkov is one mean cutie, if you don't like the heat in the kitchen, get out of the kitchen son. Problem solved. 

What i find incredible is the fact people are  complaining about hydration taking too long to go up? Literally just drink something? The dynamic the heatwave created was for people to approach raids differently. having to bring an extra water or something like that changes the way the game plays. " it hurts the new player " is another one that makes me laugh as new players generally don't know what is going on for the most part or die incredibly fast anyways as their nourishment is replenished after the raid. My 2c little events are pretty cool.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, zajda said:

What i find incredible is the fact people are  complaining about hydration taking too long to go up? Literally just drink something? The dynamic the heatwave created was for people to approach raids differently. having to bring an extra water or something like that changes the way the game plays. " it hurts the new player " is another one that makes me laugh as new players generally don't know what is going on for the most part or die incredibly fast anyways as their nourishment is replenished after the raid. My 2c little events are pretty cool.

Real easy to say. But when you DON'T have any water or juice etc. And you CAN'T GET ANY because you are not Level 20 all you can do is wait.

I went EVERYWHERE people said to find hydration. And it either didn't spawn anything or was picked clean.

This "event" was a middle finger to anyone without a flea.

This whole game is stale. After three wipes Ive ran out of things to do besides sit in a bush and kill people. Even that is getting boring. 

@GlitchWizardDo quests? That's the most fun part of the game.

I went EVERYWHERE people said to find hydration. And it either didn't spawn anything or was picked clean.

There's your problem. Everybody already knows about those spots lmao, do something new.

Edited by Starioshka

1 minute ago, Starioshka said:

There's your problem. Everybody already knows about those spots lmao, do something new.

Quest are the exact same. How many times can I get the bronze pocket watch. If they changed the missions cool but after doing them all three times. Its getting old.

1 hour ago, Starioshka said:

Seriously?

Lower level players: This event sucks, we can't get any water so I can't raid. And when I wait for a raid I don't find any water.

No lifers: LAMO go in raid and get some

Lower Level players: I said I CAN'T raid because I don't have water.

No lifers: Go get some here, here and here

Lower level players: Ok after waiting 40 minutes to get into a F()()King raid I didn't find any

No lifers: LOL Everyone goes to those spots be original.

It really is just making excuses for an even that actually prevented people from playing. The up side is you can't get bored with the game if you can't even play it.

Edited by Fly_Guy8791
you know why

@Fly_Guy8791

Ok, nice, that is indeed what has been said. Now do exactly that.

And you don't need to wait for even 5 minutes, go scav or in the worst case grab an AI-2 and run around with a pistol until you find something to consume.

Quest are the exact same. How many times can I get the bronze pocket watch. If they changed the missions cool but after doing them all three times. Its getting old.

@GlitchWizardI have done that quests for 10 wipes now and it never gets old. Why change perfection? CS matches always have the same rules every time yet people drop 1k hours on it starting.

Quests are there for structure, there's no point in collecting garbage and juice packs if all you're going to do is shoot some random stragglers at a monetary loss (PvP costs more than it returns for a good reason).

Edited by Starioshka

Eh. All I'm saying is... With the wipes, cheaters, constant dumb changes and bad servers I'm moving on. I've done all there is to do with a thousand hours into the game. Counter Strike is a completely different game that focuses on pvp, so kind of a silly comparison.

The wipes suck. Everything and everybody is already back to the level they pretty much were before the wipe. I PERSONALLY - AGAIN PERSONAL OPINION..... just to make it real clear. Dont care for the wipes especially when I worked hard for the loot, hideout and gear I had saved up. I dont want to put in another 500+ hours just to get back to where I was and the GUESS WHAT? Another wipe is here. Or with this wipe every time I bring in good gear I get head eyes by a cheater that can see through walls and what loot I have.. "shrug" So until this game has something new to offer like streets or any of the unreleased maps Im out.

On 8/2/2021 at 7:00 AM, Fly_Guy8791 said:

Real easy to say. But when you DON'T have any water or juice etc. And you CAN'T GET ANY because you are not Level 20 all you can do is wait.

This "event" was a middle finger to anyone without a flea.

I'm level 14 and I am having zero issues getting water, juice or milk. None whatsoever. I do not have access to the flea market. I am enjoying this event. I hate to say it, but this might be one of those instances of git gud.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TUALMASOK said:

I'm level 14 and I am having zero issues getting water, juice or milk. None whatsoever. I do not have access to the flea market. I am enjoying this event. I hate to say it, but this might be one of those instances of git gud.

Not really skill when you go somewhere and there is nothing to be found. But if you where having fun good on you. I'm just glad that trash "event" is over and I can play the game again.

14 minutes ago, Fly_Guy8791 said:

Not really skill when you go somewhere and there is nothing to be found. But if you where having fun good on you. I'm just glad that trash "event" is over and I can play the game again.

boy get over it, its over. prepare yourself for next event to cry more. we will have more topics to cry in future, cause most of them will force you to get out of your comfort zone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, behi09ma said:

boy get over it, its over. prepare yourself for next event to cry more. we will have more topics to cry in future, cause most of them will force you to get out of your comfort zone.

LOL. Don't ASSume anything

Edited by Fly_Guy8791
you know why