An Idea to Help with Scav on Scav Violence

TristanArnold

Just an idea to help with scav on scav violence by more easily differentiating between good and bad scavs..

Maybe loyal scavs spawn in with some sort of non removeable marker from fence ( Possibly in the form of a visible shoulder patch? Front chest patches? Similar to common military decorations , maybe with different tiers? ) ..  This way, good scavs can easily recognize each other and team up. 

Bad scavs do not receive the marker and have no access to the marker, making it easier for good scavs to work together, and hunt both pmcs and bad scavs without having to worry too much about hitting the wrong target. Also a viable option for people who do not like VOIP.  

Essentially, we have a ranking system for Fence to develop his own PMS operation / business ( Private Military Scav operation).

Similar to what they currently have implemented, Scavs would move up and down the ranks, and receive better benefits, loadouts, and surprise loot as they progress. Maybe even new specific clothing / fatigues for high ranking scavs..  After all, Fence would probably want his top ranked scav soldiers out there working for him with higher teir kits, so his Private Military Scavs can be more effective while out on their missions. ( Missions being to hunt bad scavs, PMCs, and get juicy loot .. Maybe random Fence quests eventually.) 

--- Additional thought --- 

Maybe we can gain rep by buying and selling direct with Fence (only with Fence), as a scav, post raid ..  Essentially we are provided two options at the end of our scav raid before returning to the main menu ..  ( 1. ) As a scav we can sell to, and buy from fence (Only Fence) using profits from the current transaction / scav raid ( The scav's money only, not your pmc's stash ) ... (  2. ) Transfer items to stash as usual... Rep is only gained when items are sold to Fence by his scavs. As our rank / rep increases, we should receive better prices. Eventually reaching a point where its a viable option to sell to Fence often. This profit increase only applies to scavs, post raid, based on rep / rank.  We should gain rep for transacting with fence, as it helps his Private Military Scav business flourish. 

Any comments / thoughts / something to add ?

Thanks!

I'm sure you've seen the other posts, so i'm just going to beat the usual suspect to response so we can get the useless info out of the way:

1. Put your weapons away; the more defenseless you are, the safer you are. 

2. Make more noise.  Contrary to your instincts, being louder will keep you safer.  Use those F keys to call out, as well as jumping.

3. If a player scav shoots you, it's still your fault.  

• Like 1

• This could help with the fact that we get penalized for killing an aggressive bad Scav, before he hits you with a bullet.

It creates some fun and interesting interactions, but currently you just have to hope for the best when you meet other Scavs ..

Assuming you are a good Scav, the bad Scav will always have the edge. The hesitation needed to determine good from bad will get you killed. Usually, the first person to get effective shots on target, will win the firefight..  hence good Scavs usually end up dead here..   

I think BSG said it is a tricky problem to be able to program near misses which tag Scavs as bad / hostile .. In this solution, Scavs are already tagged to an extent, there will still be some interesting / tense situations because the marker choice shouldn't necessarily be a vivid popping indication. Situations within raid can still occur if a marked scav decides to go rogue.

Teaming up with random players in the community to hunt PMCs and Rogue Scavs is definitely a fun way to switch things up.

6 minutes ago, Fyction said:

I'm sure you've seen the other posts, so i'm just going to beat the usual suspect to response so we can get the useless info out of the way:

1. Put your weapons away; the more defenseless you are, the safer you are. 

2. Make more noise.  Contrary to your instincts, being louder will keep you safer.  Use those F keys to call out, as well as jumping.

3. If a player scav shoots you, it's still your fault.  

hahah yeahhh ... Easy target for the rogues ...  Running around as a rambling pacifist with no desire / method to defend  yourself, solid strategy. 

@TristanArnoldI for one wouldn't shoot at such a scav even though I'm bad scav #1. It would be a loss for me to needlessly get NPC scav aggro if I see that I can't steal anything of value and constantly have upper hand.

Edited by Starioshka

@Starioshka   Definitely understand your strategy / thinking  ..   Some scavs just dont care and will fight it out anywhere, others can get real crafty, friends for 15 mins, just to shoot you before / at extract when no NPCs are around to respond.  I understand why a bad scav would want to do this .. Min max that loot before extract. Especially if you already do not care about Karma.

Even a good scav may decide to betray for some real juicy gear .. Maybe these scavs gain a mark along with their downgrade in rank so you can tell they have recently turned but are still positive overall.

Trying to develop a way to even the playing field for the good guys. More of an even fight.

On 7/31/2021 at 11:34 AM, TristanArnold said:

Just an idea to help with scav on scav violence by more easily differentiating between good and bad scavs..

The Reason for this post is because I've noticed a lot of players are frustrated. Many seem to rely on their scavs for income, especially when new to the game, and with the new flea market changes.. I think the Scav Karma idea as a whole is exciting .. But, It seems for some, they feel their main method for success while learning the game has been taken away from them. Seems like they feel stuck ...  I see a lot of the frustration coming from constant betrayals / wasted time / lost value / feeling defenseless from their perspectives.

My main goal here is to find a better balance so that good scavs have a more even fighting chance, "bad" scavs seem to have all the power / control as it currently stands. Given that you cannot retaliate until you have first been shot, and we are playing a game where bullets thankfully actually kill people (quickly - when an effective shooter) , rarely will the scav playing good to build karma have much of a chance to retaliate effectively.

I have other ideas as well ..  Just wanted to get some minds flowing on ideas / solutions / reworks ...  Maybe produce something that BSG can find useful. Something that can circumvent the issue of trying to program near misses into the game, or hostile intent.

Any thoughts?

Also,  Maybe "Bad" scavs work for for Skier's scav gang, similar system with ranks and a different rep system to create a sort of scav war, or a fight for territory between fence and skier for their merchant operations. Could be interesting to see two sides of scavs , 3-4 each trading off shots randomly out front of the hermetic door.

1 minute ago, Starioshka said:

@TristanArnold

Good

Bad

No such, thing. Fool them more than they can fool you.

Chase the bag.

@Starioshka hahah I like the survivors mentality. What ever it takes right? ...  Just so penalizing with the current system. Hard to take the lone wolf approach anymore ( Wish I could, I enjoy the challenge ) .. I use to enjoy the random scav fights, I had a shoot on sight mentality prior. I enjoy the challenge and change in PVP that random scavs bring... 

However,  the new Karma system is definitely creating some unique and fun scenarios.. I've been having a blast.  I hope it stays but definitely needs some tweaking.

Any thoughts on the Scav war idea ? haha could be fun even if its just a timed event.

10 minutes ago, Starioshka said:

@TristanArnoldDefinitely cool as an event. Thought might make the game too easy if it continues on for too long with all the free loot just laying around.

Valid point !  ..  Would probably need to rework the scav loadout spawns if implemented as an event.