Does the dev team actually think their ideas are good or?

Caster89Actual

Are they just low key trying to troll people who don’t have 12+ hours a day to sink into the game?

this heatwave event and how they are implementing it is one of the dumbest ideas I have seen the, implement to date and BSG has implemented some seriously stupid ideas before.

it would honestly be an interesting event if they didn’t pull drinks from the traders. Not even therapist sells bottles of water anymore.

I can’t wrap my head around why they would think alienating the player base who isn’t level 20 yet is a good idea. I spent 12 minuets in a customs raid before I got killed by server desynch and my PMCs hydration is at 32, which wouldn’t be that big of a deal if I could barter or even buy water like you usually can.

This means I can only run a PMC raid once every hour unless I find some water and drink it, which isn’t that likely considering it seems like they have nerfed fluid spawn rates as well.

is this their way of low key trying to unload server population or do they really think this is an interesting/fun event? Unless you are level 20 and have access to the flea there is literally nothing you can do to play more than one raid per hour/hour and a half.

From what I have seen on the forums aside from a few blind dev devotees the community agrees with what I’m saying and thinks this event is a terrible idea too. 

how much longer is this event going to last? So I know when I can start to play the game again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

I absolutely don't get it... Why dont you guys just do 1 or 2 scav runs on Inter? My stash is literally full to the brim with drinks and I never bought a single one from therapist ever.. And before the old "but EOD" starts: I played without it since 2017 and upgraded recently. Was never a problem before either. 

• Upvote 4

People who play 12 hours a day need to drink more, your assessment does not make sense. You don't need flea market. Imagine, any decent player paying 40k for a bottle of water, lol.

Before I never drank anything in raid, now I drink and do not store anymore. Good my metabolism rises and I waste less time with flea market.

Also this is the 934049230th topic with the subject.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, J0hn_D0e said:

I absolutely don't get it... Why dont you guys just do 1 or 2 scav runs on Inter? My stash is literally full to the brim with drinks and I never bought a single one from therapist ever.. And before the old "but EOD" starts: I played without it since 2017 and upgraded recently. Was never a problem before either. 

Already have done 3 scavs on inter today, checked every known ration source on the map and the only fluid item I have found was a hot rod in burger spot, everything else was dehydrating food items like canned fish so I find it VERY hard to believe that your stash is overflowing with fluids.

This player influenced pricing for drinks is fueling RMT hackers. The devs want to stop the RMT, but they keep doing things that enable it.

• Like 1

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Caster89Actual:

Already have done 3 scavs on inter today, checked every known ration source on the map and the only fluid item I have found was a hot rod in burger spot, everything else was dehydrating food items like canned fish so I find it VERY hard to believe that your stash is overflowing with fluids.

Of course it was exaggerated, Why should I fill my stash with this stuff? 

But what I have on this screenshot is more or less all farmed today within 2 or 3 runs on Inter. 

I find water very often at the nationalist and drinks are quite common in the medic area. Also in the Goshan store on the far left. 

Tbf, the Emergency ration came from woods. 

It also seems to me that fluids are spawning more often in Sportsbags now but I could be wrong with that. 

2021-08-01[03-13] (0).png

21 minutes ago, J0hn_D0e said:

Of course it was exaggerated, Why should I fill my stash with this stuff? 

But what I have on this screenshot is more or less all farmed today within 2 or 3 runs on Inter. 

I find water very often at the nationalist and drinks are quite common in the medic area. Also in the Goshan store on the far left. 

Tbf, the Emergency ration came from woods. 

It also seems to me that fluids are spawning more often in Sportsbags now but I could be wrong with that. 

2021-08-01[03-13] (0).png

I’m finding the complete opposite. Usually I find fluids spawn fairly often but since the event started it’s like they reduced their spawn % to 5% of what it usually is.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb J0hn_D0e:

I just can't confirm that. I looted 20 or 25 Sportsbags at Shoreline yesterday not one single fluid inside them. It can be bad luck, of course, but like one week ago every second or third Sportsbag contained something drinkable. Wouldn't be the first time that spawns are reduced or completely taken out of the game as far as I know. 

8 minutes ago, refizuhl said:

I just can't confirm that. I looted 20 or 25 Sportsbags at Shoreline yesterday not one single fluid inside them. It can be bad luck, of course, but like one week ago every second or third Sportsbag contained something drinkable. Wouldn't be the first time that spawns are reduced or completely taken out of the game as far as I know. 

8 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

I’m finding the complete opposite. Usually I find fluids spawn fairly often but since the event started it’s like they reduced their spawn % to 5% of what it usually is.

That's so weird. 

But tbh.. I can't proof it but I'm more and more convinced to believe that there are mechanics ingame reducing the amount of loot you need the most... 

Car batteries for example.. It took me over 50 raids to find the last one I needed for vents 3... After I found it now these things are popping up literally everywhere... 

Strike cigarettes... Used to find them in millions... Haven't found a single one for ages since I only need 2 more to finish a quest.. 

Call me a tinfoil hatter but this is oddly suspicious! 

10 minutes ago, J0hn_D0e said:

But tbh.. I can't proof it but I'm more and more convinced to believe that there are mechanics ingame reducing the amount of loot you need the most... 

Call me a tinfoil hatter but this is oddly suspicious! 

Indeed there is. It took me up to level 26 to finish 1st jaeger quest and now I find big tushonka every 3 raids.

• Like 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb J0hn_D0e:

I guess it might be like... can you remember playing with Lego and you just were never able to find the brick you needed to go on with what you're building? It reminds me of that. 
But yes, car batteries, especially the last one, took me so long, that i just bought a tank battery and crafted these damned car batteries. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ricacov said:

Indeed there is. It took me up to level 26 to finish 1st jaeger quest and now I find big tushonka every 3 raids.

I just crafted it.. bud Morphine for therapist took me ages as well.. now my med case is full of it :D

Just now, refizuhl said:

I guess it might be like... can you remember playing with Lego and you just were never able to find the brick you needed to go on with what you're building? It reminds me of that. 
But yes, car batteries, especially the last one, took me so long, that i just bought a tank battery and crafted these damned car batteries. 

I'm not level 20 yet so I dont have access to the FM... The Tank battery i have in stock will be kept until i have to deliver to prapor since i know i wont find any when i have to :D

vor 4 Minuten schrieb J0hn_D0e:

The Tank battery i have in stock will be kept until i have to deliver to prapor since i know i wont find any when i have to

Never found a tank battery myself, but the OFZ Shells are already crafted, just need the battery to unlock the ASH-12. 

But lots of luck to you for reaching levl 20 as soon as possible, it changes a lot and the roubles will flow. 

2 minutes ago, refizuhl said:

But lots of luck to you for reaching levl 20 as soon as possible, it changes a lot and the roubles will flow. 

Cheers bud :D.. I'm close to 16 now but tbh.. I dont really have a finance problem :D ... actually I consider myself somewhat rich :D .. Stash worth ( i guess its calculated on Trader value) is at 40mio so with FM I should be settled :D

11 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

Are they just low key trying to troll people who don’t have 12+ hours a day to sink into the game?

this heatwave event and how they are implementing it is one of the dumbest ideas I have seen the, implement to date and BSG has implemented some seriously stupid ideas before.

it would honestly be an interesting event if they didn’t pull drinks from the traders. Not even therapist sells bottles of water anymore.

I can’t wrap my head around why they would think alienating the player base who isn’t level 20 yet is a good idea. I spent 12 minuets in a customs raid before I got killed by server desynch and my PMCs hydration is at 32, which wouldn’t be that big of a deal if I could barter or even buy water like you usually can.

This means I can only run a PMC raid once every hour unless I find some water and drink it, which isn’t that likely considering it seems like they have nerfed fluid spawn rates as well.

is this their way of low key trying to unload server population or do they really think this is an interesting/fun event? Unless you are level 20 and have access to the flea there is literally nothing you can do to play more than one raid per hour/hour and a half.

From what I have seen on the forums aside from a few blind dev devotees the community agrees with what I’m saying and thinks this event is a terrible idea too. 

how much longer is this event going to last? So I know when I can start to play the game again.

I know right? Its weekend and this is the first time that I have time to play Tarkov due to the enormous amount of work in my companyand for last two weeks. I cant play the game, i cant play with my friends becouse we have to share found in raid water. It just sucks.

If they want to introduce such events, let them last for one day or they should start during the working week instead of the weekend. Then the people deprived of duties will have fun 12hr +.

10 hours ago, J0hn_D0e said:

Oh yeah that's it I will be playing the SCAV all day and farm water instead of playing pmc with my friends and completing tasks to finally reach level 20. I've tried it anyway, but you're not the only one who came up with water farming as a SCAV. In addition, other SCAVs during this event are much more likely to shoot me than before. Everyone need water anyway

How fun

Edited by killzone2222

Might be just me, but I take 1 emergency water ration in my container and almost never have to use it. Finding plenty of water around on any map and usually when I kill a PMC they have a couple of drinks for me in their backpack anyways. Haven't had to buy any of flea yet.

I agree though that it shouldn't have been taken away from Therapist, but instead made it be available for 40-50k or so. 

15 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

Do you complain about everything in your average day as well in life? A challenge is a challenge for a reason. It is not to cater to your needs but to challenge one to adapt and switch things up as well. Mundane is NEVER fun. I for one am glad to see another element of surprise implemented from the people at BSG. 

Ps. You can still find hydration while in-game like little drinkee-poos and what not along your travels. As Justiune Timberlake sings, "Cry me a river". r

14 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

checked every known ration source on the map and the only fluid item I have found was a hot rod in burger spot

Then clearly you don't know where the typical high concentrations of liquids are if you're going there for drinks. 

I don't know if you know this, but this game isn't like games like DayZ where the food/water items are always in the most braindead obvious spots you can think of. In my experience, about half of the consistent fluid spawning locations are in places you wouldn't expect, such as on top of random boxes, shelves, bags, and other things. It's not a "hey, I'm thirsty, so let's go to burger spot and load our backpacks up with water" type of deal in the least.

But once again, casual players wanting to play a hardcore game that requires a time investment and they complain about having to invest time. CoD exists for a reason, and I'd imagine that'd fit your needs better. No need to worry about food/water, time investments, stash space, or anything. Why spend your time actually playing a game when you can just hold down shoot and let aim assist play the game for you?

theres about 20 different drinks other than water. if you know where to look, you will never die of hydration/energy or be effected by it much. by raising the price and demand of water, BSG created an economic event that effected the price of filtered water, water bottles, moonshine etc. its a very good event because it changes things up and makes tarkov less predictable.

we get it, you're a casual and don't know where to find food and water... that doesn't mean that BSG is 'alienating' anyone. I could do 1 run at any time and fill half my bag with food and drinks in 10-15 minutes if i wanted to, which is enough to supply myself for a day or two (real time). If you could find an argument to make against this event other than "i dont like it", that would be nice.

I understand your frustration honestly, because when I was a new player I found maintaining hydration and energy difficult too but if you took as much time to learn how to get better- as you did writing this thread to complain about your difficulties, your problem would be solved. Use youtube and the wiki to help you learn where to find food/water in-game and look for the best ways to stock up on aquamarines, kvass, water, juice etc.

also, consider that if a simple supply shortage of water is enough to upset you and come on here to write a whole essay about how you dont like it, that maybe this game isnt for you. contrary to your belief, this game isnt made to cater to casuals. its meant to be a pain in the ass and difficult, sometimes unnecessarily too. if you genuinely arent having fun, take a break or play something else.  Personally, I take breaks all the time and for the record, I agree that the event was somewhat poorly implemented but overall I think it was a good idea and found it entertaining. BSG should have made it more clear in-game what was happening with the event instead of just making a tweet about it and catching everyone off guard

Edited by AlmonDro

1. 1st floor, back of mall.

Recently updated this section of the mall, food and drinks used to never spawn this frequently however, going in with a tri-zip, you can make 300k in food.

have a gooooood day

y-JZHGz3yp4jJrjdKDlMKPuZsGvZEfoSj5tlZmKyh60.jpg

Edited by KablesPC

Only time I feel its annoying is when it comes down to a prolonged firefight and i've been poppin meds like a ghetto crack fiend and I have to constantly take hydration breaks, I particularly feel its realistic but hey its a game and an interesting attempt at an event. I support.

17 hours ago, Caster89Actual said:

all these responds are more than enough to show you that you are all wrong. these people are not devs, normal tarkov player like you and me, they are. trust me BSG devs have filled already with these  threads, they will not even bother open these kinda threads, cause it has no point at all, except crying tears in it.

This event is just temporary change to make game more interesting. Yes - it is more interesting, because it forces the players to actually use their knowledge about the game. Yes - knowledge in EFT is very important. Knowledge of mechanics, systems, ammunition, armours, prices, Hideout, skills, movement, economics, maps and many many more.

Right now players are challenged by the situation when there's a lack of water and other drinks. Suddenly, your attitude to game must be changed for a few days. That's why you should avoid having some kind of habits. Because everything could change without warning. Little, not dangerous event has shown how players are prepared to survive. 

First, this event is not stopping you from playing. Everything remains the same. Only thing that you need to counter is dehydration. What it means that your PMC will be losing his "water" quicker? During this event, you just need to use your knowledge about certain mechanics of the game. Analyse: I am loosing my hydration, so maybe during this event I will stop eating food that causes more dehydration, I will stop pre-use the painkillers, I will try to avoid getting shot in the stomach, I will start to collect some drinks. Where I can find them? Here we come with map knowledge: Goshan, big shop with magazines could be useful. Supply boxes which can be found on Woods or D2, whole new part of the Woods - there's plenty of food to find. Purple suitcases left on the Interchange's highway. Little shop on Customs, Shoreline, Kitchen in one of the Pawns Building on Reserve. 

Second, this game was always about knowledge. It's very important in Tarkov. Habits won't help you survive  - what if one day Therapist won't have ANY medicaments? You will be facing the same situation again: I have no meds, so I need to find this. And THEN your knowledge will HELP you. 

By complaining and saying that this event is "very bad, stupid, useless" etc actually you are not helping BSG developing their game. Maybe try to make some more constructive feedback and post your own idea how to improve such events without being salty and having negative attitude? For example, by giving some specific ideas to discuss. 

To the new players: removing water from Therapist is not a change that takes away the ability to play. Unfortunately, many of you treated it this way. You can still do raids as your PMC and Scavs. Just try to face this situation: ,,I can't buy a drink? Ok, lets do 1-3 Scav runs on Interchange to find some water". Again - knowledge. It's really important in Tarkov, trust me. 

Believe me or not, this event brings something fresh to the game. It feels like the Tarkov world is alive. Something is happening - there is a weather which can change and affect the gameplay. What are the positives? You can level up your Metabolism skill faster. Take advantage of it. Tarkov is all about knowledge and proper preparation. You can disagree with that, but that is the truth. EFT is different game than other products. It won't hold your hand. It requires you to LEARN and LEARN and LEARN. Constantly learn. 

Best regards,  wish you luck in Tarkov

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1