Cheating...EFT's COVID

Neon_Lemon

Cheating...pandemic

This is now my 4th wipe. It used to be that you would only run into cheaters on LABS and even then in my experience that was occasional. Now, we're seeing them on Customs, Reserve, Shoreline and on a pretty regular basis. They've neutered labs loot so bad that they're no longer congregating on that map alone. Which, for most of the player base meant they would avoid that game-ruining experience. I've honestly never run into more cheaters spread across multiple this much in any previous wipe combined. More often than not it seems being able to see players anywhere on the map is the most common cheat, followed by auto aim, but regardless of the cheat type(s) used it's becoming so discouraging that I no longer want to even play the game. It feels like it just gets worse rather than better. 

Hell I watched LVNDMARK yesterday get shot THROUGH WALLS and every single shot was a headshot. 

Am I alone here? 

The problem is getting worse recently.  

I can't join my discord anymore without hearing about blatant hacker kills,  being shot through doors and sniped within 15 seconds of raid starts.   The trend I've noticed is the usual one though,  spawn in with gucci gear,  and its just a matter of time.   Somehow, I didn't come across a single one all day yesterday though.   All week long though prior to yesterday, I've been questioning nearly every death.

Summer Sale,guess who is bying at discount...they make a lot of money on cheaters  ,why would they perma bann them (only acc)?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Czecher said:

Summer Sale,guess who is bying at discount...they make a lot of money on cheaters  ,why would they perma bann them (only acc)?

Bingo!  While the game is in a developmental lull, the easiest revenue to generate is from cheaters.  

Yeah its gets frustrating getting head/eyes every single raid.  3 wipe here and I think I'm going to uninstall the game again and wait until the next wipe.  But you guys are right, why would you want to patch the problem when you can just keep selling the game to them again and again.  Honor and Ethics died with my childhood I guess.  Eventually it will bite BSG in the ass.  You need casual players to keep a game alive and all the casuals are going to leave because they die to cheaters on a consistent basis.

• Like 1

ive been playing from like 5 wipes and the cheating is currently insane right now. Reserve and Labs is unplayable.

I was thinking this is the only one or couple server related issues, but today I faced allready a couple of them  which is insane , I usualy didnt play labs bcs of cheaters but now they are everywhere, basicly every 2/3 raids i got one into the game

Are you trying to do resort quests at shoreline?

That poo is unplayable.

If you are not insta head-eyed or jawed, DOES NOT MATTER WHERE YOU HIDE, they just hear you breathing and prefire whatever room or top floor you are. And yes, sound is still 2d and completly bugged on different floors, but they pinpoint the exact room you went and pre nade it, if not dead, prefire exactly your spot.

I mean I hate to say it, but welcome to the experience we've had on the Asia servers for a while now. Every time a post was made, David or another person would rush to the post to say that it wasn't hacking or cheats and obviously the player posting needed to improve. It wasn't until Tobias mentioned that Asia specifically was out of control at the time did they leave the Asia cheater posts alone. Seems it has just seeped over to ya'll now.

To make it worse, I can't even change servers outside of (Tokyo, Hong Kong, Seoul, or Singapore) because of a "bug". A bug that has been going on conveniently for the entire time I've played this game. They essentially region lock all of us in Asia to get corralled into this mess. But they will tell you that it is most definitely a bug.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bed3viL said:

The problem is getting worse recently.  

I can't join my discord anymore without hearing about blatant hacker kills,  being shot through doors and sniped within 15 seconds of raid starts.   The trend I've noticed is the usual one though,  spawn in with gucci gear,  and its just a matter of time.   Somehow, I didn't come across a single one all day yesterday though.   All week long though prior to yesterday, I've been questioning nearly every death.

Something I've been wondering is if some of my deaths are legit hackers (could be, given the massive incentives in this game to cheat)  or is just very bad desync/netcode. I've been leaning towards the latter recently, I think the game's netcode is just bad. It's not just bad, it's abysmal. Actually, it's not just abysmal, it's almost criminal; like someone saavy could probably sue BSG and get some money out of them lol.

The netcode being so awful results in some deaths that seem like cheaters on first glance but they actuall saw you a full half second before you even saw them. Only way to avoid is tAcTiCaL AD spam or to desync/rush them yourself. Anyway...

Edited by DocLongDong
  • Like 1

Game for streamers and cheaters , 10 games on labs (3 dead on spawn through the walls 3 dead by magical nade under my legs idk from where 3 games dead by 69 level streamers and one normal game if the party of players with nickname qJSDAK-12314 is normal on EU servers) 10 games on interchange (2 dead on spawn 2 dead by a guy who rage killing everyone 2 dead but im not sure if that was a cheater and rest of games with normal deaths) The pleasure of playing tarkov those days are super high if you know what im talking about.

We already paid money and there is no options that we will pay more until release. So ours game experience for now isn't a main target. For now we just a cheap testers.
We should get positive expirience in game after release i beleive (someone should buy DLCs).

But there is another option to get better times. If most players will stop buying things and services from cheaters they will lose motivation. I'm sure it will not happen.

13 hours ago, Bed3viL said:

The trend I've noticed is the usual one though,  spawn in with gucci gear,  and its just a matter of time.   Somehow, I didn't come across a single one all day yesterday though.

I wonder if there was a banwave. Yesterday I had some of the loveliest games. Maybe one sus death but that is all.

SECRET TRICK: The best to avoid hackers is to equip a pistol or knife and just run around with that instead of your primary.

It's really stupid but it works due because Tarkov actually limits the amount of info exchanged about other players. Cheaters can't actually know what you are carrying in your backpack. They know "Names, Levels, Weapons" and that's about it. There is also a setting for "Inventory Value" but AFAIK it doesn't work right now.

The Tarkov developers (e.g. programmers, artists, qa, etc.) are actually making security improvements to the game over time and I applaud them for this. To me it seems like their product managers want to capitalise on the lax cheat/ban management and are offering bundles so the cheaters can quickly get back into the game over and over and over again. Disgraceful.

44 minutes ago, himynameisjon said:

I wonder if there was a banwave. Yesterday I had some of the loveliest games. Maybe one sus death but that is all.

SECRET TRICK: The best to avoid hackers is to equip a pistol or knife and just run around with that instead of your primary.

It's really stupid but it works due because Tarkov actually limits the amount of info exchanged about other players. Cheaters can't actually know what you are carrying in your backpack. They know "Names, Levels, Weapons" and that's about it. There is also a setting for "Inventory Value" but AFAIK it doesn't work right now.

The Tarkov developers (e.g. programmers, artists, qa, etc.) are actually making security improvements to the game over time and I applaud them for this. To me it seems like their product managers want to capitalise on the lax cheat/ban management and are offering bundles so the cheaters can quickly get back into the game over and over and over again. Disgraceful.

nope, they can see k.d, name how much you have in loot, maybe not exaclty what you have but they will know if you have something good and they are rage cheating and they can also see all the loot..... so they know what you got 

44 minutes ago, himynameisjon said:

oh and also perma t7 vision, unlimited stamina, speed hacks, they can wear maska/altyn and have no visor, no spread on weapons, magic bullets, de sync cheats, there is TONS and TONS of exploits and bs in this game 

Edited by nicksavo
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Fyction said:

Bingo!  While the game is in a developmental lull, the easiest revenue to generate is from cheaters.  

That makes....no sense at all....
If enough cheaters get on, it'll drive the larger population of legitimate players away, who would inevitably spread the message that EFT is indeed full of nothing but cheaters to other potential customers. It would maybe make them a few dollars in the very short term, but the potential revenue loss from a larger target audience (the legit players) would be of concern.

Just because it is an issue now, does not in itself indicate some massive super secret game development conspiracy

this is frustraiting more as ever, i can understand why hatchlings are so many, because if you go with SICK gear, you´ve be headshotted by an hacker...seriously why you play with highperformance gear? 
this makes no sense to me play with full gear anymore. 
But who cares...

58 minutes ago, nicksavo said:

nope, they can see k.d, name how much you have in loot, maybe not exaclty what you have but they will know if you have something good and they are rage cheating and they can also see all the loot..... so they know what you got 

AFAIK they can only keep a history of what they see in a match. Example: K/D only works for that specific match. Example: They can't see your loot but they can keep a history of what you picked up. This is why people are like "as soon as I put a bitcoin in my pocket they chased me down". It's happens to me with high-value loot as well.

1 hour ago, nicksavo said:

oh and also perma t7 vision, unlimited stamina, speed hacks, they can wear maska/altyn and have no visor, no spread on weapons, magic bullets, de sync cheats, there is TONS and TONS of exploits and bs in this game 

Agreed. I was just mentioning the info cheaters have on their fellow players and why hatchet/pistol runs actually work.

14 minutes ago, 49opexclusive said:

this makes no sense to me play with full gear anymore. 

I only play with what I can afford to lose. In my experience, 1/3 of my raids have blatant cheaters so I factor that in when doing PMC runs.

Hello everyone, we apologize for any issues you are having with cheaters. The best thing to do is report them and let the devs handle them to the best of their abilities. If you would like to discuss the topic please refer to the following post: 

This helps keeps the forums organized and prevents floods of the same topic. 
Thank you, have a good one.
#locked