Fix the high ping kicks

Battlenoob

Since the patch I am lucky to get into 1 out of 4 games which does not automatically kick me due to high ping.

I have set my server to OCE which on average sits on 20ping tops, yet randomly still keep getting placed in high ping games (looking at USA California). I do find this happens more often in off peak hours, but still happens during peak hours too. Also noticed that the "Average matching time" is not crazy either with 15-30secs times. 

I get why I am getting kicked, and have no problems with the concept however my level of gear fear is stupid  high PTSD levels,  and with the SCAV timer being 25mins a hit just have no confidence in playing this wipe as I get zero progress/satisfaction out of it.

If it had a  "get out of game" within the first 20secs, it would help allot however without that or sticking to servers chosen can't see myself investing time in this wipe.

Edited by Battlenoob

6 hours ago, Battlenoob said:

Since the patch I am lucky to get into 1 out of 4 games which does not automatically kick me due to high ping.

I have set my server to OCE which on average sits on 20ping tops, yet randomly still keep getting placed in high ping games (looking at USA California). I do find this happens more often in off peak hours, but still happens during peak hours too. Also noticed that the "Average matching time" is not crazy either with 15-30secs times. 

I get why I am getting kicked, and have no problems with the concept however my level of gear fear is stupid  high PTSD levels,  and with the SCAV timer being 25mins a hit just have no confidence in playing this wipe as I get zero progress/satisfaction out of it.

If it had a  "get out of game" within the first 20secs, it would help allot however without that or sticking to servers chosen can't see myself investing time in this wipe.

Stop using automatic servers,  select the couple with the lowest ping.   OR, get better internet.  there is literally nothing for BSG to fix when it is YOUR connection that is clearly having issues.

8 hours ago, Bed3viL said:

Stop using automatic servers,  select the couple with the lowest ping.   OR, get better internet.  there is literally nothing for BSG to fix when it is YOUR connection that is clearly having issues.

Guess you did not read all of this..

Prior to the patch, never had any issues and maintained a low ping, server selection is not working properly and even manually selecting it, bumps me to high ping servers. Have been checking out the logs folder with the IP address and its not connecting to OCE servers

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2021 at 2:09 AM, Bed3viL said:

Damn, you're a genius! I just NEED better internet!
Got any suggestions on what providers give better connections to improve and stop the random 200+ ping servers... DURING PEAK PLAY HOURS? Or perhaps admit that it's not client side lol
I get better ping selecting servers across the world with natural 150ping than selecting ONLY OCE which claims 30ping. 

speedtestmonday.png

Edited by Nova_The_Kitty

27 minutes ago, Nova_The_Kitty said:

Woah, I installed another interwebs pipe and now it's working great!

• Like 1

Sometimes the server is just poo. Really wish they would add a timer to let you know if youre getting kicked so you dont get caught running in place in the middle of the road or field. It would be one thing if it booted you the second your ping spiked over the limit but it is like a certain amount of time over the limit and resets after so long of being under and what not.

2 hours ago, MarcBorgia said:

Really wish they would add a timer to let you know if youre getting kicked

How the game will predict that in few second you will lose connection? 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Biala_Mewa said:

Lol its not like Your internet goes out. The set limits and thats why MOST of the kicks happen. So yes the game knows when you are going to get kicked. Like i said it doesnt happen immediately when you cross over 150 or 180 ping, there is some parameters that are met for the kick to happen so if they determine your connection isnt good enough then they can give you a warning, that you are about to get kicked.

2 hours ago, MarcBorgia said:

but it is like a certain amount of time over the limit 

That's exactly how it works, you are not kicked for a split second over the limit.

I've never suffered with the problem but whilst I stand behind ping limits 100% in online games, I do sympathise with you OCE lot though, you've got how many servers? 1? and the EFT netcode is not known for reliability :D :D .

Aside from hitting the ` key and typing fps 2, to see your RTT(which doesn't update fast enough to be reliable) you really have no warning so they should add a high ping warning symbol like almost every other online game has, to at least alert people if there are ping spikes.

3 minutes ago, Angrybiker said:

ide from hitting the ` key and typing fps 2, to see your RTT(which doesn't update fast enough to be reliable) you really have no warning so they should add a high ping warning symbol like almost every other online game has, to at least alert people if there are ping spikes.

It does come up in game when the ping spikes but unless it is pretty constant over the limit it doesnt Kick you in a reasonable amount of time. Also the notification is so small in the corner, i miss it constantly. Also there are times that im watching the ping and its well within limits and i still get booted.

Just now, MarcBorgia said:

It does come up in game when the ping spikes

Didn't know that.

1 minute ago, MarcBorgia said:

It does come up in game when the ping spikes but unless it is pretty constant over the limit it doesnt Kick you in a reasonable amount of time. Also the notification is so small in the corner, i miss it constantly. Also there are times that im watching the ping and its well within limits and i still get booted.

What are you using to watch the ping? the in game overlay? if so the in game ping counter is unreliable it doesn't update fast enough, it's not also known if they are using RTT or player RTT for the ping limit trigger. I'm guessing since most people are saying they are seeing values well under the limit they are using player RTT.

i bought this game 4 times to play with me and me friends, but they cannot play because baby server cannot handle pure masculinity like them, so its pretty sad day, i am sad, am sad, sad, d

I believe the high ping kicks are due to the terrible lag switching issue they had in earlier versions of Tarkov. They need a balance of synchronizing the game between players and having accurate yet not-so-large data being sent to clients. That's where the engineer talent comes in. Otherwise, yes, your user experience suffers if you are a Wi-Fi user or just have what BSG considers to be unusually unstable (which is not much).

8 hours ago, Biala_Mewa said:

Garrys Mod actually shows a re-connect timer on the top-right (or is it top-left?) it would be entirely client sided from the moment you receive the last packet from server. 

Edited by retagaine
  • Upvote 1

Sadly some people on these forums troll when they're not sure how to respond and don't want to take some people seriously.

On 10/19/2021 at 12:21 AM, Nova_The_Kitty said:

Got any suggestions on what providers give better connections to improve and stop the random 200+ ping servers... DURING PEAK PLAY HOURS? Or perhaps admit that it's not client side lol
I get better ping selecting servers across the world with natural 150ping than selecting ONLY OCE which claims 30ping. 

Are you on Wi-Fi? Have you tried port forwarding? Search "Packet loss test" on Google and set the settings of the test to 1100 bytes per packet with 230 pings per second, 100 ms of acceptable delay, and duration of 40 seconds. Tell me what you get. You should have less than 0.01% of packet loss and ideally no late packets.

On 8/2/2021 at 3:30 AM, Battlenoob said:

Are you on Wi-Fi? Have you tried port forwarding? Search "Packet loss test" on Google and set the settings of the test to 1100 bytes per packet with 230 pings per second, 100 ms of acceptable delay, and duration of 40 seconds. Tell me what you get. You should have less than 0.01% of packet loss and ideally no late packets.

Edited by retagaine

On 8/2/2021 at 10:09 AM, Bed3viL said:

Internet connections are inherently built upon the principle that communication can be unreliable, what's your point? UDP is entirely built upon the premise that we do not have a guarantee...

Edited by retagaine