EFT single player mod bannable?

JusManatee

Hello, I've had EFT for about a year now and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I can't get enough of it. I just discovered this tarkov single player mod called SPT-AKI that supposedly gives you an offline function to the game, but with game saves and AI PMCs too. I know how strict BSG can be with their game files so I want to make sure that I won't get banned for using this mod. I am in no way pirating the game. I have fully purchased the game, and even bought the most expensive package, so does anyone have experience using the mod and know if it is okay to use?

I will still be playing the regular game daily, but my family travels a lot and playing sweaty tarkov on a laptop is difficult, so my main reason for getting the mod is so I can enjoy the game away from home safely, and avoid hotel internet disconnections. Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@JusManateeWhy would you risk your account ? You could use your phone to reach BSG servers.

Of course you should have a good connection and unlimited data for your phone.

• Sad 1

On 8/5/2021 at 9:37 AM, Xarc said:

@JusManateeWhy would you risk your account ? You could use your phone to reach BSG servers.

Of course you should have a good connection and unlimited data for your phone.

He is asking if its bannable. Your comment contributed nothing. Thanks for that.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to hear an official answer from BSG.

I have a hunch that it is bannable per terms of service, since you are using their intellectual property for something they never intended (officially).
Whether you get caught or not is a different question.

• Upvote 1

The last update for Escape From Tarkov added a range of things to the game, though the major change was the expansion of the Factory map. The map has a new scav boss, Tagilla, who is Killa’s brother, and the developers have also introduced weapon degradation and misfires, which can be a little frustrating but add to the game’s realism.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:12 AM, JusManatee said:

I know how strict BSG can be with their game files so I want to make sure that I won't get banned for using this mod

Firstly, BSG strongly condemns any modifications to EFT, so I suppose you may get get banned in the following scenarios:

1) You've accidently modified Live EFT version instead of copy in any way and started Live BSG Launcher => modifications to Live EFT files gets detected

2) You've started modified copied version from a different folder while real Live BSG Launcher is up and running => modified EFT process gets detected

3) You yourself publicly acknowledge using modified EFT versions

If any of these scenarios occur and BSG will notice - you probably could get a ban.

Outside of these 3 scenarios - there is no way for BSG to know, because offline version obviously do not connect to BSG's(or any other) servers and is not related to any online EFT accounts in any way, especially if your are playing offline without any internet connection at all.

On 9/5/2021 at 3:40 PM, lazos said:

BSG are definitely against any modifications to EFT. RockPaperShotgun put up an article about this mod few months ago and reached BSG for their official comment: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the-joy-of-playing-escape-from-tarkov-in-single-player

When asked for comment, a spokesperson said “We have a negative attitude towards attempts to pirate or disassemble the game [and are] against activities [such as] hacked offline versions. Offline mode, which we have now, will remain in the game after release. Moreover, it will be improved including the addition of all sorts of new features.”(c)

BSG cannot explicitly threat to ban every mod users because:

1) That mod does not affect Online experience in any way and is NOT and alternative to Live EFT because Live EFT do not have and will never have single-player progression, while mod do not have and will never have any multiplayer or coop options

2) There is now way for BSG to detect mod usage except 3 scenarios listed above.

But BSG definitely will discourage usage of mod because for players who do not care about PvP it may provide much better experience so some players may decide to not come back to Live any more.

• Upvote 1

Am 5.9.2021 um 14:40 schrieb lazos:

I have a hunch that it is bannable per terms of service, since you are using their intellectual property for something they never intended (officially).
Whether you get caught or not is a different question.

Most likely that. They can't really support it officially. "Hacking" into their stuff won't be appreciated by most companies. It's like a private server of some MMO and not a mod using an API the devs put into the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 5:18 AM, Uxxellent said:

Most likely that. They can't really support it officially. "Hacking" into their stuff won't be appreciated by most companies. It's like a private server of some MMO and not a mod using an API the devs put into the game.

As, would I, as would I! Mainly because the mod is NOT available from their Official website, soooo I mean that definitely SAYS something riiight?!?! I absolutely LOOOVE Tarky buuut my family & I are going on a loooonger than usual family VaCa soon, & DEFINITELY didn't wanna be in withdrawals while traversing lol!

Please let me know what I could do to combat the website going too poop is there any alternative to the Official SPT website that would be safe to use without me worrying about my PC getting Aids from some Rando Azz Shysty website?

I leave town on 25th Please if someone knows what's doable right now I would TRUTHFULLY APPRECIATE IT IMMENSELY!!!! 

The youtuber Bluedrake42 got a copyright strike from bsg for showing a vid of the singleplayer modification.

I would not recommend using it.

It is a hacked or reverse engineerd version of EFT.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

i actively play the single player mod because the anti cheat in EFT is complete dog poo. No you can't be banned because you aren't modifying the live files.

• Like 1

Someone did something to the gamefiles that you have to download to make it a singleplayergame.

I dont think that the devs will like this kind of tinkering with their software.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2021 at 3:40 PM, lazos said:

Official response from BSG to settle all questions:

image.thumb.png.20bfc53476bfbd54bcac2942656d67cc.png

• Like 3