UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) Crashes

SwiftCookie

Hey All! 

I'm hoping someone can help me as I can't seem to find an actual fix for this issue, only speculation so far. EFT keeps crashing randomly, and I get the error in the log that says:

EscapeFromTarkov by Battlestate Games [version: Unity 2018.4.28f1_f914ff158b2a]

UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module UnityPlayer.dll at 0033:b3cf682b.

Error occurred at 2021-08-22_004850.
C:\Battlestate Games\EFT\EscapeFromTarkov.exe, run by WHITEY.

29% physical memory in use.
32694 MB physical memory [23113 MB free].
18485 MB process peak paging file [9664 MB used].
9135 MB process peak working set [6715 MB used].
System Commit Total/Limit/Peak: 14060MB/37676MB/22869MB
System Physical Total/Available: 32694MB/23113MB
System Process Count: 117
System Thread Count: 2062
System Handle Count: 48083
Disk space data for 'C:\Users\WHITEY\AppData\Local\Temp\Battlestate Games\EscapeFromTarkov\Crashes\Crash_2021-08-21_151844652\': 424943222784 bytes free of 499442573312 total.

Read from location 00000094A3DFCA68 caused an access violation.

I'll attach the full error log in case you need to see any other info for a solution. I've done just about everything you could think of to remedy the issue to no avail. 

System specs:

-AMD 5900X

-MSI MEG Unify-X

-G.Skill F4-3600C14-32GTZR 3600MHz Dual Rank B-Die RAM

-Gigabyte Master RTX 3080

-Samsung Evo 960 M.2 500GB, 1TB Samsung SSD

Windows 10 is a fresh install with latest updates, Nvidia drivers have been removed, cleaned and reinstalled. I've since reverted any form of overclocks in the system but no change, still crashing. The system is in perfect working order, I only have issues with EFT. 

error.log

Same here bro. Tried every "solution" provided on google to no avail. Seems mostly it is just speculation with no real fix, gotta be some issue with Unity/EFT and maybe Nvidia drivers. 

Freshly installed system with latest drivers. Game worked absolutely fine last wipe.

With the latest one though it is crashing at random 1-15 times per raid. Literally unplayable. 

Shoreline is worst by far for me. 

Edited by Kent-Agent

I had same issue and maybe I just found a fix. Try this and let me know, this is what I did :

FIRST OF ALL :

If you have "Citrix Workspace" installed, just uninstall it. For some people this is the cause of the problem.

If you overclock your CPU and/or RAM : just set them stock.

If not do the following steps

1 Re-register the DLL

• Press Windows + S key together to open Search.
  • Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
  • Accept the UAC prompts.
  • Type in the following commands one by one and hit Enter:
  • regsvr32.exe /u UnityPlayer.dll
  • regsvr32.exe UnityPlayer.dll
  • Restart the PC

(you can have error message, like me. It's ok, just keep goin)

2 : Run System File Checker and DISM scan

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Command Prompt, and right-click or press and hold Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the list of results. Select Run as administrator, and then select Yes.
  • Type "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" (remove the " ") (note the space before each "/"), and then press Enter. (Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and up to 30 minutes to complete.)
  • After you see a message that says "The operation completed successfully," type "sfc/scannow" (remove the " ") (note the space between "sfc" and "/") and press Enter. (for the sfc/scannow, I had some corrupted files repaired)
  • After you see a message that says, "Verification 100% complete," type exit.

(maybe everthing is 100% fine for you, no error at all, no corrupted files, just keep goin ! )

3 : Uninstall Nvidia drivers with DDU

• Download DDU for a clean deep driver uninstall (last version 18.0.4.3)
  • Restart windows in safe mod and run DDU, select the recommanded thing (you can check for tutorial on google)

4 : Install old nvidia Drivers

• Go on nvidia website and download drivers for your GPU but NOT THE LAST ONE (I download the version 461.92 from march 2021)
  • Install and reboot

5 : Bsg Launcher

• Run the Bsg Launcher, in settings, click "Clear Cache"
  • After clear cache, click "integrity check"

6 : Nvidia control panel

• Open Windows Start menu, type in "Nvidia control panel" and open the application.
  • Under 3D Settings, click on Manage 3D Settings.
  • In the Global Settings panel, scroll to Power Management Mode and change the setting to Prefer Maximum Performance.
  • Save settings.

Hope it will work for you, at least reduce the crashes.

Hey

a little update.

@ModdedMonk you should try the fixes above.

Do you have overclock or Citrix Workspace installed ? 

By doing all the fixes, it reduce crash to 1 or 2 / day.

But as seen on many forum/reddit/google, the major problem came from ram XMP profile.

With xmp disable, no crash at all. But I didnt wanted to run my ram at 2133mhz instead of 3200mhz. So I just use "Dram calculator" (for ryzen). And I put the "safe" settings with the "minimal voltage". And it work just fine. I did cinebench and memtest, full stable. Not a single crash since 5 days.

Edited by Sinq