Jump to content

Game repeatedly freezes for 5-10 seconds randomly throughout every raid.


ColemanTheShort
 Share

Recommended Posts

Every raid I get this issue: game will just randomly freeze for about 5-10 seconds and then unfreeze. My FPS is fine throughout the entire game and I even tried lowering my graphics to very low to no avail. Here are my specs: GeForce GTX 1650 Ti - Intel Core i5 - 10300H CPU @ 2.50ghz - 12 GB RAM. I have more than enough for probably the highest graphic settings (and my FPS is fine when I am on those settings too) but no matter what I do the game still freezes randomly. I have actually died several times from it and its beyond annoying 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, ColemanTheShort said:

Every raid I get this issue: game will just randomly freeze for about 5-10 seconds and then unfreeze. My FPS is fine throughout the entire game and I even tried lowering my graphics to very low to no avail. Here are my specs: GeForce GTX 1650 Ti - Intel Core i5 - 10300H CPU @ 2.50ghz - 12 GB RAM. I have more than enough for probably the highest graphic settings (and my FPS is fine when I am on those settings too) but no matter what I do the game still freezes randomly. I have actually died several times from it and its beyond annoying 

12gb of ram is not enough for this game you need 32gb i had 16gb and use to have that exact issue upgraded to 32 and don't have any freezes at all now.Also would suggest putting the game if not already on an ssd and change the ui backround from the lab to factory. The game is still in testing so expect a lot more optimizations before full release eventually 16gb will be enough ram but at the moment 32 is needed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ColemanTheShort said:

Here are my specs: GeForce GTX 1650 Ti - Intel Core i5 - 10300H CPU @ 2.50ghz - 12 GB RAM. I have more than enough for probably the highest graphic settings

uhh, bro - no you don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mattd316 said:

12gb of ram is not enough for this game you need 32gb i had 16gb and use to have that exact issue upgraded to 32 and don't have any freezes at all now.Also would suggest putting the game if not already on an ssd and change the ui backround from the lab to factory. The game is still in testing so expect a lot more optimizations before full release eventually 16gb will be enough ram but at the moment 32 is needed. 

So I actually had it on a SSD but I was getting extremely long load times for the game. Like PMC raids were starting with out me for some reason. Then when I switched back it was back to normal. Do you think I should try going back to SSD?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ColemanTheShort said:

So I actually had it on a SSD but I was getting extremely long load times for the game. Like PMC raids were starting with out me for some reason. Then when I switched back it was back to normal. Do you think I should try going back to SSD?

100% make sure its on an ssd and also if you can replace you os hdd with an ssd aswell if possible, I actually just upgraded my system with another ssd so i have a 1tb crucial for the os and another 1tb crucial mx 500 for games.

I had battlefield 4 installed on my old mechanical hard drive and tried loading into the test range it took 7 minutes then after i installed the game on my new ssd it took 25 seconds. The difference is night and day even Tarkov now boots up and loads into raid so much faster i can sometimes see people spawn in a couple of seconds after me.

But also definitely upgrade your ram 12gb is just not enough not matter what anyone says 16gb can work but it needs to be at least 3200mhz. If your running lower clock speed i recommend 32gb. Also if you want to clone your old os to a new ssd you can use a free programme called macruim reflect that's how i cloned my old os hdd to a new ssd.It litterally feels like i bought a brand new system. Those crucial 1tb ssd's are on sale on amazon got mine for 98 euro and the the sata cable was only 12 euro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should definitely upgrade to 16 gigs of ram, but its also nonsense that you need 32. Yes, Tarkov has memory leaks that increases memory usage over time, but for me, 16 gigs work well enough for a whole bunch of raids, and you just restart the game or shortly activate the "automatic ram cleaner" in the options, and then the RAM usage is fine again.

And heck, Tarkov can fill up 32 gigs of RAM if you just let it run long enough!

Maybe lower the textures a bit, and "MIP streaming" in the graphics options might help as well. That should lower memory usage quite a bit. Maybe check the task manager that theres no program hording a ton of memory in the background.

Edited by Reymt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am 23.8.2021 um 07:37 schrieb ColemanTheShort:

I have more than enough for probably the highest graphic settings (and my FPS is fine when I am on those settings too)

Tbh I do find it hard to believe that you got more than enough for the highest graphics settings, at least if you want 60fps. 1650s are pretty slow. 

Also, isnt the TI purely a laptop GPU? Might be sensible to make sure the temperatures dont get to high, that might cause a laptop to downclock and lead to stutter. Tarkov is a very demanding game.

Edited by Reymt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Reymt said:

Tbh I do find it hard to believe that you got more than enough for the highest graphics settings. 1650s are pretty slow.

Also, isnt the TI purely a laptop GPU? Might be sensible to make sure the temperatures dont get to high, that might cause a laptop to downclock and lead to stutter. Tarkov is a very demanding game.

Yeah he is playing on a laptop the video card gave that away . Which idk why anyone would use a laptop to play this game when the performance is mid range at best plus yes they over heat way too much . 

 

On 8/23/2021 at 1:37 AM, ColemanTheShort said:

Every raid I get this issue: game will just randomly freeze for about 5-10 seconds and then unfreeze. My FPS is fine throughout the entire game and I even tried lowering my graphics to very low to no avail. Here are my specs: GeForce GTX 1650 Ti - Intel Core i5 - 10300H CPU @ 2.50ghz - 12 GB RAM. I have more than enough for probably the highest graphic settings (and my FPS is fine when I am on those settings too) but no matter what I do the game still freezes randomly. I have actually died several times from it and its beyond annoying 

Do me a favor Coleman go into your bios an turn on turbo there should be just a box you check or a on/off because you are literally hindering yourself to getting those freezes running at base speed when at max turbo your cpu will go from 2.5ghz to 4.5ghz . It will run a lil warmer but combined with upgrading your memory to 16gig will eliminate your freezing , and for the ram go with the gskill ripjaws 16 gig 3200 stick it is I think 59.99 on newegg . 

An yes leave the game on a ssd or m.2 if your laptop supports it do not at all play this game on a external hd or the factory internal hd. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...