Rep Loss Scales With Fence Rep

Pikasannnnn

Any suggestions/feedback is appreciated.

This is a lot of text. but there's a lot to say. I am not sure if this same suggestion has been posted before, I tried searching and couldn't find anything similar (unless I'm searching incorrectly). It's clear that there needs to be some kind of reform on Scav Karma. Don't get me wrong, Scav karma is good concept, but the rewards and punishment system doesn't feel significant.

Idea

What I'm suggesting is: the amount of reputation that a player scav loses when killing another player scav should scale with the more reputable one's rep. The following list explains in detail the numerical portion of my suggestion:

• < 1.00 Fence Rep (FR) ~= 0.05 rep loss
  • 1.00 - 1.99 FR ~= 0.10 rep loss
  • 2.00 - 2.99 FR ~= 0.15 rep loss
  • 3.00 - 3.99 FR ~= 0.20 rep loss
  • 4.00 - 4.99 FR ~= 0.30 rep loss
  • 5.00 - 5.99 FR ~= 0.35 rep loss
  • > 6.00 FR ~= 0.40 rep loss

These are just numbers, but what do they mean? This list doesn't directly mean that the higher your rep, the more you lose per scav kill as a player scav. Rather, when an aggravating player scav kills another player scav, the amount of karma that scav loses depends on the player scav with the higher fence rep.

Here are some scenarios and what would happen under this suggestion:

1. Scav 1 (FR: 0.5) kills Scav 2 (FR: 3.4). Scav 1 would lose 0.20 FR
  2. Scav 1 (FR: 5.3) kills Scav 2 (FR: 1.3). Scav 1 would lose 0.35 FR

This change in scav loss should not apply to AI Scavs and killing an AI Scav should still lose 0.05 rep. Mainly since it would be extremely unfortunate and unfair for a player scav with 6.00 FR to lose 0.4 rep because an AI Scav walked in front of his gun during a fight with a PMC and died. But it's also so that players don't feel suffocated under all the rules they must follow in order to keep their hard earned 6.0 FR.

Will this work?

From what I see, it will definitely help alleviate the amount of scav on scav kills. The threat of losing an enormous amount of rep is definitely scary. Of course, players with tremendous amount of negative scav karma won't care anymore and will just keep killing other scavs. However, this will most likely keep players who wish to keep a somewhat positive rep from wanting to kill another player scav with visibily decent loot.

A player scav with 0.1 FR might think "I have enough FR to kill that one kitted looking player scav and it won't affect me too much". But with this suggestion, they now also have to worry about whether that player scav has high rep or not since killing him may mean a 0.05 rep loss or a 0.4 rep loss.

Similarly, this should also reduce the amount of player scavs with good scav karma from thinking "well... it's only going to eat like 1% of my 5 FR". Earning scav karma is somewhat difficult and earning it back is going to be harder with V-extracts and other methods not giving as much at that point. Therefore, with this suggestion, high rep player scavs might be more wary of killing other player scavs.

Additionally, allowing player scavs to continue to only lose 0.05 rep killing AI Scavs instead of their respective FR scav loss would still give players who wish to kill them to continue to. It's agreeable that it is pretty easy to recognize the difference between an AI Scav and a player Scav (based on movement). So, although player scavs will need to be more careful when killing scavs, they can still kill AI scavs normally and are less likely to ruin another players day (especially if they got lucky and found 600k worth of loot as a scav..... speaking from experience).

Having more security that you won't die as likely is surely a good positive for having good rept. Moreover, knowing that the player scav who killed you will be severely punished accordingly will encourage more players from raising their FR.

Does this fit?

Most definitely! It already exists with scav bosses, if you kill them as a scav, you lose around 0.5 rep. As we know, higher FR = less hostility from scav bosses/guards and > 6.00 FR means guaranteed standing next to a scav boss, which puts you almost on par with them. Having players lose more by killing other player scavs with > 6.00 FR is similar to them killing a scav boss/guard.

Similarly, it only makes sense that if you have high FR, the sudden decision to kill another scav for no reason would surely hurt your trust with the scav bosses and Fence.

Conclusion

The presented suggestion should hopefully reduce the amount of player scav on player scav kills. This suggestion mainly adjusts the punishment player scavs receives against other player scavs. If a player wishes to continue killing scavs, they can, they just need to be more careful of what scavs they kill, which may deter them from doing so.

It definitely won't remove this type of play style completely. There will definitely be people who don't care about the karma system and just want easy loot. But it should hopefully dissuade the player scavs with decent/acceptable scav karma who are thirsty for a single player scav kill, from killing them. Additionally, it should give people the feeling a safety when they do a scav run, or at least they know that if another player scav kills them, they will be greatly punished, which should motivate more grinding for FR.