Maybe another approaches for being disconnected during raid?

namhhgames

I've ran into this problem a few times and feels so annoying. I got disconnected from server for high ping/high packet lost. I did choose the servers with ~40 ping before starting the game from the launcher. But when the raid starts, I got disconnected (due to high package lost) in like 30s after the raid screen showed up. Then I tried to reconnect the game, after loading, I got the message saying that the raid is ended (the raid time was around 40mins, so it's not the time which is up, and I don't I think I was killed as I'm not wounded after that). Then, I've lost everything I brought into the field. I still barely even move the character. 

In conclusion, It feels like I've just discard all the valuable guns and gears and not able to play. So here are my suggestions:

- How about keeping all my stuffs at the time of the disconnection? If I've played for a few minutes and consumed a bottle of water that I brought with me, than if I disconnected, that bottle isn't in my inventory, fair enough. Because I got disconnected from the server for high package lost, not on my intention. And I don't event have a chance to choose a stable server with 0 lost or something, it's out of my control.

- I don't know how disconnected players is handle by now, I've just started playing this game for like more than a month. But once I was disconnected (right at the moment when I heard a group of 2 men just outside the house I was looting), when I get back, the raid is end, I'm also wounded. Maybe they killed me. But can you guys make my character invisible or something to prevent it from being killed when I'm no longer in control?

- Maybe added more time, or not counting the time to the raid/scav run when I was disconnected? I was running a scav run and keeps being disconnected, then reconnected, then disconnected again. And you know, the loading time is kind of long, so I just spent like 70% time of the raid to reconnect, I did put the game in SSD. And as a result, I cannot reach the extraction point and got missing in action, (picked up a nice new gun from the buried stash at the river in Customs, what a pity)

3 scenarios above really pissed me off every time it happened. Yes, people may exploit my suggestion by manually causing the lost and disconnect. But just let's just please think about it. I've lost a lot of stuffs because of this. It's unfair.

39 minutes ago, namhhgames said:

- How about keeping all my stuffs at the time of the disconnection?

Not going to happen - to easy to abuse intentionally to imitate DC and avoid loosing loot.

41 minutes ago, namhhgames said:

But can you guys make my character invisible or something to prevent it from being killed when I'm no longer in control?

Again not going to happen for the same reason - intentional DC to avoid being killed.

41 minutes ago, namhhgames said:

- Maybe added more time, or not counting the time to the raid/scav run when I was disconnected?

Raid exists for all players on the server regardless of whether you are playing or not. Raid cannot be extended for 1 specific person in raid - raid instance starts and stops at the same time for all players.

44 minutes ago, namhhgames said:

It's unfair.

It depends... all you suggestions are also unfair for other players because it is not their fault you have connection issues. 

I can understand you frustration, but is not a good reason to add abusive mechanics to the game which will hurt experience of other players or give free exploits to abuse. 

What you can do:

1) try to select only 1 server with the lowest ping to make sure you are connected to that server - try several servers with the lowest ping one-at-the-time to see if it makes any difference

2) make sure you do not hit bandwidth limit if internet is shared for multiple devices at your place

3) consider changing your Internet Provider or bandwidth plan

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, namhhgames said:

How about keeping all my stuffs at the time of the disconnection? If I've played for a few minutes and consumed a bottle of water that I brought with me, than if I disconnected, that bottle isn't in my inventory, fair enough. Because I got disconnected from the server for high package lost, not on my intention. And I don't event have a chance to choose a stable server with 0 lost or something, it's out of my control.

No- what will happen is that players just force a disconnect if they are pinned. 

2 hours ago, namhhgames said:

when I get back, the raid is end, I'm also wounded. Maybe they killed me. But can you guys make my character invisible or something to prevent it from being killed when I'm no longer in control?

Yes, you died. And no- check my previous comment. If situations get hairy, people will disconnect, wait x minutes and log back in. Meanwhile they are safe as their char is invisible.

EDIT: Should have read the previous comment first lol. Pretty much what he said already :P

Edited by TarkovCitizen4431498

2 hours ago, Andrudis said:

try to select only 1 server with the lowest ping

Yup, I've already done it. But no idea why, the network usage is the same, tried to download something from steam and another website right after I got disconnected and still max speed.
If we cannot come up with a solution that both solve my concern and the exploit thing, then I guess I'll have to try VPN, don't know if it would helps... :(

8 minutes ago, namhhgames said:

Yup, I've already done it.

Try several others if there are any within acceptable ping range. Just make sure only 1 server at the time is selected. It may be an issue with this specific server for you.

I feel your pain @namhhgames.  As others have said, the mechanic as proposed would become an out for people in bad situations just as @Andrudis said.  Even in casual moments like:  you get a bad spawn -- what would be better than to disappear for 10 minutes, and then doing a quiet rat run?

It would be possible to set a limit on a number of "graceful" disconnects (e.g. 1 per 24 hours) and then revert to current behavior.  But then you'd also want to identify which accounts consistently trigger that limit...and see if they are abusing it, or simply unlucky with internet connectivity / server.  I think this level of detailed implementation is not warranted.  The current system is ruthlessly fair:  regardless of connection status once your character is in game they are subject to the influences of the world, period.

Maybe just apply my suggestion for players who aren't in danger (no enemy nearby, or not in combat). And give us a few amount of time (like 5-10 mins, enough to load the game) - before this feature became invalid - to press "reconnect" to verify that the player intended to get back in the game, not a "lazy-extract".

On the general topic of disconnects, I've often wondered... Why not keep the  game assets loaded into memory after a disconnect? In theory, that might drastically speed up a player's rejoin time.

• Like 2

This happens to me sometimes not as often as it used to though. This game has a lot of mystery sauce sprinkled on it and there's no telling what causes people to join high ping servers when not selected, and getting randomly disconnected. I assume you are using ethernet right? I used a wifi adapter for a little while and I had it plugged into a usb port that could not handle all the data I plugged it into a 3.0 port and I disconnected much less often but still I would randomly get disconnected sometimes.

On 9/2/2021 at 11:30 PM, namhhgames said:

Maybe just apply my suggestion for players who aren't in danger (no enemy nearby, or not in combat). And give us a few amount of time (like 5-10 mins, enough to load the game) - before this feature became invalid - to press "reconnect" to verify that the player intended to get back in the game, not a "lazy-extract".

This would be so easy to exploit.

The server disconnect issue have been there from the very start of the game, and it ONLY happens with TARKOV, no other game gives me this issue, BSG needs to fix this, I've tried a few different VPN's and two ISP's and its still an issue, the fact that you have a game where you even need to do those things are ridiculous. The game is not playable for me anymore, I get disconnected once every raid now. BSG ARE YOU LISTENING?????? 

On 9/6/2021 at 5:47 AM, defurbis said:

I assume you are using ethernet right

Yes, can't risk playing over wifi. Maybe it's the government's decision to throttle international bandwidth (which happens regularly in my place)

On 9/6/2021 at 8:28 AM, Fether1337 said:

This would be so easy to exploit.

I think there's no point of exploit (with my last suggestion which you are replying) as they're not in danger. And if they want a quick extract, it won't happen too as I suggested they have only a few minutes to reconnect to the game.