Devs opinion on Killcam?

Tekk0n

hello,

im wondering what the developers standpoint is on this topic.

As a new player i would really like to understand how i died and where my mistakes were in the round i just played. It wouldnt even need to be an instant replay - something like an after session replay would do the trick. I see a big learning oppurtunity in a system like this.

• Upvote 3

It could also help with identifying cheaters.  There are also other aspects of the game that break immersion:  post FX, rubber banding, zero recoil guns, characters taking multiple headshots to kill, etc.

1 hour ago, lokibeans said:

im sure they have answered this before  and the answer is NO

Actually iirc the answer is that they are looking at something along the lines of an after raid killcam. Once that instance is completely over, all scavs and pmcs are out. Its not set in stone one way or another and absolutely still up in the air from what I understand

I have an idea about kill cam which would fit into Tarkov theme.

First of all, I die a lot... some of these deaths are at least questionable. We (as a party) die in the same time, being killed from different directions, being killed behind a bush etc. I know there are thermal scopes, people can snipe me from 300m.. but I wish I had a chance to know what killed me. It would help improve my game. There are hackes too.. but it is different story.

I thought about buying "kill cam tapes" from Fence or another trader. It could take even 2 days, just like insurance. Future PMC karma could influence a price of that tapes, their length, quality.. whatever. Those tapes could be an item, maybe you need to improve your hideout to watch them.

There could be some quests to handover a kill cam tape that shows your death from at least 100m, or some stupid Jaeger quest, being killed by specific weapon :D

Edited by VincentPL
  • Like 1

Hello!

There will not be an "after-death" kill-camera as that goes against the vision of the game. What has been considered however is some form of after-match kill-camera in the arena mode. However, it is much too early to say whether this will be implemented or not.

As for a post-raid recording for the raid-mode, it is unlikely to happen for technical reasons.

Kind regards,

Tobias Solem

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

On 9/2/2021 at 9:52 PM, Tekk0n said:

hello,

im wondering what the developers standpoint is on this topic.

As a new player i would really like to understand how i died and where my mistakes were in the round i just played. It wouldnt even need to be an instant replay - something like an after session replay would do the trick. I see a big learning oppurtunity in a system like this.

Killcam as soon as you die: lol no. Teams can just report exact position of the enemy to their friends.

Killcam AFTER raid is over for everyone: Yeah why not.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb LELOtheBear:

Nvidia Shadowplay>>>save replay (last 3 minutes?)>>>watch frame by frame

This.

(while I rewatch my VODs rather then record)

Turns situations like "I shot that dude in the head. how did he kill me" into "Oh, I missed/hit his chest". Or simply Situations where didnt knew where you got shot from and see in the recording how he was right in front of you and you just didnt see him because you where focused onto something else in the distance.

Am 7.9.2021 um 11:25 schrieb tobiassolem:

Hello!

There will not be an "after-death" kill-camera as that goes against the vision of the game. What has been considered however is some form of after-match kill-camera in the arena mode. However, it is much too early to say whether this will be implemented or not.

As for a post-raid recording for the raid-mode, it is unlikely to happen for technical reasons.

Kind regards,

Tobias Solem

Yeah i wouldnt like to see an after death cam tbh, it doesnt fit the game.

But i really hope you guys find a post-raid solution.

On 9/3/2021 at 3:02 AM, lokibeans said:

im sure they have answered this before  and the answer is NO

Yep, i heard it long time i ago they said NO.

Nikita actually said this Friday that they're considering perhaps implementing some form of post-action replay system (meaning, you can only see what happened AFTER the session is over for everyone) in the Arena mode. And if it works in a way that the devs think suits the game, doesn't require too many resources, etc. - then that could potentially be added to the story mode (raid) also. Again, *IF* it works in a way that the devs are satisfied with.

So, not an absolute "no" for a post-raid replay system.

• Hot 1
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

Nikita actually said this Friday that they're considering perhaps implementing some form of post-action replay system (meaning, you can only see what happened AFTER the session is over for everyone) in the Arena mode. And if it works in a way that the devs think suits the game, doesn't require too many resources, etc. - then that could potentially be added to the story mode (raid) also. Again, *IF* it works in a way that the devs are satisfied with.

So, not an absolute "no" for a post-raid replay system.

Very pleased to hear that it's gone from "probably not" to "maybe", sincerely, but I'm really disappointed that it's not been a higher priority this entire time. A replay system would do so much to fight RMT, and by proxy, the economy of cheat-making built around it. I also really hope it comes to all modes, and not just one, because if there is even one way to mule items to another account undetected, it will be used.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ricacov said:

It does not need to be "after raid". "After last squad member died" is more than enough.

This wouldn't work.  There are ways to get into the same raid as friends without being in a group. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2021 at 7:00 PM, davidj123456 said:

Killcam as soon as you die: lol no. Teams can just report exact position of the enemy to their friends.

Killcam AFTER raid is over for everyone: Yeah why not.

While this is great for situations where you actually have a short fight or are fairly close to the killer, if I was running and get "Head, ears" 'd randomly watching my side of the replay will help nothing, however, seeing that the other person had a thermal on a shotgun from 80m to my left would help me understand that I wasn't aware enough of that sniping spot.

On 9/16/2021 at 10:10 PM, BlueSpear said:

While this is great for situations where you actually have a short fight or are fairly close to the killer, if I was running and get "Head, ears" 'd randomly watching my side of the replay will help nothing, however, seeing that the other person had a thermal on a shotgun from 80m to my left would help me understand that I wasn't aware enough of that sniping spot.

Sure but this information should only be available AFTER the raid has ended for EVERYONE. You should not get a replay the second you die because then you can just relay all the info to your team...