Fix your Scavs....

Acidpoptart

I am just tired of going in with my big boy gear run entire matches up to the last 10 so minutes just to get completely shredded no matter what the weather is by god tier entity like scavs that rip my skull open whilst I crawl through grass... Or make your grass visible for human beings so we can stand a chance against them. It's just sorta a bummer regardless if you make your kit back or not through insurance knowing you cant wont and will not ever stand a chance against these guys in moments like that. Take it how you want but surely based off all the other games I have played; It cant be that hard to implement some sort of visibility range/block/limiter when a PMC is prone in grass. With all the gun mods and mechanics that are in the game I see no reason skill wise or limitation wise to why you couldn't make this happen? any active pmc's that touch the grass mesh in a prone position will trigger a limited visibility for any active or nearby NPC scavs? I know plenty people have complained about this, honestly though it's sorta long overdue for a game where Loot/Risk is everything. That is sorta a unfair aspect to the gameplay considering what the whole purpose of the game is supposed to be. 

As a new player who is frustrated at getting stomped by other players, I have to agree there's nothing more frustrating than also getting stomped by sketchy AI scavs..
I had one incident near Rock Bunker in northern Shoreline where a scav 1-shot me at 60m with buckshot. Death screen said "head, top of head" and I was wearing a tier 3 helmet. I was in partial cover and the scav was fully obscured by bushes but still laser-beamed me at that distance with buckshot.. It's beyond a joke.

19 hours ago, Anzac_Mack said:

As a new player who is frustrated at getting stomped by other players, I have to agree there's nothing more frustrating than also getting stomped by sketchy AI scavs..
I had one incident near Rock Bunker in northern Shoreline where a scav 1-shot me at 60m with buckshot. Death screen said "head, top of head" and I was wearing a tier 3 helmet. I was in partial cover and the scav was fully obscured by bushes but still laser-beamed me at that distance with buckshot.. It's beyond a joke.

I can see how the bullet could kill you regardless of lvl 3 helm or not. You take a high velocity buck to the skin of your face you done for. 60m isn't too far for a tight spread range. Not salty when players rly kill me, my own mistakes for engaging wrongly or not having good enough awareness at the time analyzing my every movement and surrounding is how it happens for me at least. The scavs visibility range when you are prone is just a no go when 90% of the ground cover in this game on all maps is practically cluttered with things that make you less visible or grass that completely swamps your body. 

5 hours ago, Acidpoptart said:

I can see how the bullet could kill you regardless of lvl 3 helm or not. You take a high velocity buck to the skin of your face you done for. 60m isn't too far for a tight spread range. Not salty when players rly kill me, my own mistakes for engaging wrongly or not having good enough awareness at the time analyzing my every movement and surrounding is how it happens for me at least. The scavs visibility range when you are prone is just a no go when 90% of the ground cover in this game on all maps is practically cluttered with things that make you less visible or grass that completely swamps your body. 

To the face, yes. But death screen said "head, top of head".. Even with a tight choke, buckshot will still be quite spread at longer ranges. They're round pellets, not rifled/spinning aerodynamic projectiles like typical modern bullets. They lose velocity fairly quickly. Not likely to penetrate a steel helmet at 60+ meters imo.

3 hours ago, Anzac_Mack said:

To the face, yes. But death screen said "head, top of head".. Even with a tight choke, buckshot will still be quite spread at longer ranges. They're round pellets, not rifled/spinning aerodynamic projectiles like typical modern bullets. They lose velocity fairly quickly. Not likely to penetrate a steel helmet at 60+ meters imo.

though doesn't head/top head mean both head and top head or just indicating tophead? I don't actually know so I am curious. Because if both then it makes sense if it slammed into some of your face and the rest were concussive enough to the helmet area that it fractured or broke somethin in that noggin.

2 hours ago, Acidpoptart said:

though doesn't head/top head mean both head and top head or just indicating tophead? I don't actually know so I am curious. Because if both then it makes sense if it slammed into some of your face and the rest were concussive enough to the helmet area that it fractured or broke somethin in that noggin.

I think it just means you got headshot, and then it indicates the specific area.
Considering eyes, ears and jaw all have their own specific areas, I assume top of head to mean the part covered by a helmet.

I agree, until some days I was friendly with scavs even with -0.4 rep with Fence, now I get shoot on sight, ffs I'm tired of this, make them KOS when you get -1.0 rep or something, how I'm suppose to get my rep higher if I can't extract because of some goddam aimbot IA, and don't even try saying Fence quest.

16 minutes ago, anchev said:

I agree, until some days I was friendly with scavs even with -0.4 rep with Fence, now I get shoot on sight, ffs I'm tired of this, make them KOS when you get -1.0 rep or something, how I'm suppose to get my rep higher if I can't extract because of some goddam aimbot IA, and don't even try saying Fence quest.

2 different map car extracts, if you have never done them, will put you into +0.3. And can be done with a run through, hatchling, whatever, cost a little more than 10k.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ricacov said:

2 different map car extracts, if you have never done them, will put you into +0.3. And can be done with a run through, hatchling, whatever, cost a little more than 10k.

What is a good way to bump rep back up? And if you are negative do scavs already KOS you? I cant tell at some points if its a legit AI Scav that just randomly decided to pop me for no reason, had one moment I spawned as a scav and a scav just instantly shot me. after shouting his warcry. But could've very well been a player since the next scav I played as a legit player friendly crouched, proceeded to pop shots beside my face in hopes I would trigger happy kill him to ruin my rep but didn't work so he finished me off lol... That is a pretty bad issue as well, players toxic that their rep got fucked and that other scavs have done this to them so now there is a whole scav playerbase that just resorts to using their scav players as martyrs against other scavs in hopes we will shoot them and lower our rep. It's a loose loose for both sides and pretty sad nothing is being done about that too lol.

On 9/14/2021 at 6:30 PM, anchev said:

Mad because bad.

Negative Rep is KoS, deal with it, you have ways that aren't scav runs to boost your fence rep, use them and stop bitching about your own mistakes.

As for OP, welcome to Tarkov, where if you are not careful, a scav can dome you in the head, try to git gud and utilize actual cover, break LoS and other tricks, go watch a video on AI Scav mechanics to see how you can use their mechanics to your advantage instead of complaining you stayed way too long into a raid and got domed by scavs for greed.

15 hours ago, BlueSpear said:

Mad because bad.

Negative Rep is KoS, deal with it, you have ways that aren't scav runs to boost your fence rep, use them and stop bitching about your own mistakes.

As for OP, welcome to Tarkov, where if you are not careful, a scav can dome you in the head, try to git gud and utilize actual cover, break LoS and other tricks, go watch a video on AI Scav mechanics to see how you can use their mechanics to your advantage instead of complaining you stayed way too long into a raid and got domed by scavs for greed.

I did say that I understand majority of my deaths are my own wrong doing because I am not being alert.... Welcome to Tarkov where people have a weird sense of self entitled superiority... Seems like the kinda kid who punches his monitor.

Mad because bad.

Thanks for being negative though :) No need for your input homie it's pretty useless and you are no help to the developers who are trying to make a REALISTIC game lol. How is this realism when AI can spot you in soft cover even when you are camo'd? Or they know when to run from grenades so forth.... It's not being negative in any way, simply we see issues that interfere with what the gameplay and game is even supposed to be. So we come and suggest ideas about it. Some complain but my post is far from a complaint and far more a suggestion lol. 

Mad because bad.

Mad because bad.

And dude I looked in your history and all I see is you commenting with "git gud" "doesn't happen to me"... It just seems like you are seeking out self validation by hopping on these suggestion forums to post something to make you feel better about your skill? Even if you are bakeezy status why do you feel such a necessity to express that? lol. That being said though I rather this post not turn into a poo show; feel free to talk about how good you are and how poo everyone else is on another post but I do want this one reserved for the suggestion I laid out specifically :)

EFT seems to have pretty toxic community (not surprisingly).
I got called a "moron" on the EFT Discord for saying the low level quests on Customs are too hard for new players. In the Beginners Chat channel, no less.

As for giving people sh*t about having negative Scav Karma... The game doesn't even make an attempt to explain Scav Karma to new players. The load screen slides are all lore nobody cares about instead of useful information.
I ended up at -4.0 Fence rep before I learned about karma by researching online.. I've clawed my way back up to +0.43 now but it's something that could have been avoided with better communication of info by the game.
TLDR; I wouldn't blame some people not knowing about karma and ending up in the negative.

2 hours ago, Anzac_Mack said:

EFT seems to have pretty toxic community (not surprisingly).
I got called a "moron" on the EFT Discord for saying the low level quests on Customs are too hard for new players. In the Beginners Chat channel, no less.

As for giving people sh*t about having negative Scav Karma... The game doesn't even make an attempt to explain Scav Karma to new players. The load screen slides are all lore nobody cares about instead of useful information.
I ended up at -4.0 Fence rep before I learned about karma by researching online.. I've clawed my way back up to +0.43 now but it's something that could have been avoided with better communication of info by the game.
TLDR; I wouldn't blame some people not knowing about karma and ending up in the negative.

Honestly I can admit I was one at first but I stay active and try to keep up with the updates and found out the impact it has so I stopped very quickly. Def something they should at least have even if it is a description when you are playing as a scav for the first time.