Issue With High Ping when playing with others (Good Internet, Good overall connection)

mrteran1991

I Play in NA and live in NA but when ever I enter a game with other people my ping is 180-199. it keeps kicking me out.  I lost a ton of stuff now.  my question is. I have great internet, always have great ping in games and my VPN is off so I am playing in the USA servers. what could be causing this??  is there anything i need to do? forwards some ports or something??

Thank you Guys in Advance, any help is greatly appreciated!

You play on the servers of whoever invites. So as an example if I invite and I have Denver selected then everyone in my group plays and gets connected to a Denver server.

If I get invited by my friend and he is on a Server based in Germany then guess what. We are all going to be playing on a server in Germany.

So you really need to manage who is inviting and what servers they are on. Like I have a friend from Germany. So we play on New York or Washington DC.

• Like 1

but I just look for group publicly because I don't know how to find people else where and I have only selected the servers close to me which the highest ping on it is 60. shouldn't everyone else also be 60 or they could be from somewhere far still in that server? 

1 hour ago, mrteran1991 said:

but I just look for group publicly because I don't know how to find people else where and I have only selected the servers close to me which the highest ping on it is 60. shouldn't everyone else also be 60 or they could be from somewhere far still in that server? 

If they invite you then you play on the servers THEY have selected. What servers you have selected are irrelevant if they invite.

Your servers are only relevant if YOU invite.

Ping isn't everything, you need to look at the RTT value. Your ping is just a packet of(basically) zero data sent to the server and back to you, that's it. The RTT is the time taken for ALL your game data to be sent, be processed by the game server and then returned back to you.

Now a ping can have no issues getting from A to B then back to A but a high data stream can(and EFT loves high data), it could be a routing issue or a throttling issue(which I've seen a lot of US lads suffer from with EFT).

My advice would be try playing with you VPN on and see if the issue goes away, if it does then it's a call to your ISP to ask why you are seeing that difference, in my experience of helping with people from USA it's because high data streams are being sent to Russia but a simple explanation sorts it out.

• Upvote 1