What the hell happened to this game?!

GroanednPwned

I had a great time playing this game last wipe, then I got really sick and was unable to play this wipe until now. First off, the player-base has dropped tremendously. I can only assume it has a lot to do with the flea market being increased to a ridiculous lvl. That being said, the lvl at which you get the flea market is just unbelievable. I literally can't do any type of PvP or even challenge a PMC at this point unless they are below lvl 20. Grinding away at quests is just unreal due to the cap of finding keys for so many of them, which leaves you to do only one thing.. Go around trying to kill as many scavs as possible hoping that you don't run into a lvl 20+ PMC. I don't have time to do mindless/boring grinding, nor do I want to waste my valuable time doing so. Every single one of my friends that I played Tarkov with last wipe refuses to play because the changes/lack of new content is just unreal.

The concept of starting off with the worst loot and unable to even build a decent gun for so damn long is excruciatingly painful. It's clear that this game is dying and it's just so sad because Tarkov has so much potential. 6 months was a very long time for the devs to bring in new content for the next wipe, but literally all we got were shitty changes and ONE boss for Factory.. Why even do a wipe if that's all you're going to add?!

Simply put, I'm sitting this wipe out. Seems like countless others are doing the same. Well done, BSG.

• Like 2
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

Bruh your pretty dog poo if you cant even hit level 20 in a week, My first time playing this game and started playing this wipe 20 days in, players are level 30 ,40 and 50 and they still use poo gear. Only real problem about this wipe is the fact that you need to hit level 71 to get kappa thats why this wipe died quick. Theres no point of them doing quests when even full time streamers cant even get to level 71

Edited by Exoticrage
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Exoticrage:

Bruh your pretty dog poo if you cant even hit level 20 in a week, My first time playing this game and started playing this wipe 20 days in, players are level 30 ,40 and 50 and they still use poo gear. Only real problem about this wipe is the fact that you need to hit level 71 to get kappa thats why this wipe died quick. Theres no point of them doing quests when even full time streamers cant even get to level 71

You probably have a real good gaming chair.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Cold 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GroanednPwned said:

I had a great time playing this game last wipe, then I got really sick and was unable to play this wipe until now. First off, the player-base has dropped tremendously. I can only assume it has a lot to do with the flea market being increased to a ridiculous lvl. That being said, the lvl at which you get the flea market is just unbelievable. I literally can't do any type of PvP or even challenge a PMC at this point unless they are below lvl 20. Grinding away at quests is just unreal due to the cap of finding keys for so many of them, which leaves you to do only one thing.. Go around trying to kill as many scavs as possible hoping that you don't run into a lvl 20+ PMC. I don't have time to do mindless/boring grinding, nor do I want to waste my valuable time doing so. Every single one of my friends that I played Tarkov with last wipe refuses to play because the changes/lack of new content is just unreal.

The concept of starting off with the worst loot and unable to even build a decent gun for so damn long is excruciatingly painful. It's clear that this game is dying and it's just so sad because Tarkov has so much potential. 6 months was a very long time for the devs to bring in new content for the next wipe, but literally all we got were shitty changes and ONE boss for Factory.. Why even do a wipe if that's all you're going to add?!

Simply put, I'm sitting this wipe out. Seems like countless others are doing the same. Well done, BSG.

'I don't have time to do mindless/boring grinding, nor do I want to waste my valuable time doing so. Every single one of my friends that I played Tarkov with last wipe refuses to play because the changes/lack of new content is just unreal.' 

That is hardly Bsg's fault that you don't want to waste your time.Hitting level 20 is easy just go to labs as soon as you get a card off your scav and go kill some raiders or if you don't get a card you can kill plenty on reserver that will get you a lot of extra points to level up quick.Should only take a few days,Not to mention its easy to kill geared players even if you are late to the wipe since they buffed flesh rounds you can just aim for the legs or chest and destroy them pretty fast.Magnum buckshot is another dirt cheap round which you can absolutley wreck people with.

And as for the game dying do you actually have any stats to back that up? Every raid i have played has been a full lobby,the reason you might think its quiet is because of the dynamic loot change people are now searching other locations not just the usual hot spots for big ticket items.

I'm sorry but what exactly is the appeal of kappa?

If you have done all of the quest/task for it, then you have done everything and don't really need a secure container anymore.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Exoticrage said:

1 week lol. Can you take a step back and realize a lot of players have outside responsibilities.

I work 60-70 hours a week. I do not just come home and spend every waking moment playing Tarkov. I am sure most players do not have tons of time to play this game all day long.

Maybe rethink your perspective before you call other ppl poo players.

Most of the times players talking like this are the ones that are bad at this game and want to look good to people on the forums.

Edited by effektx932
  • Like 3
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, GroanednPwned said:

Believe me when I say, 1st week was WAY WORSE. I have managed to play 2 weeks, 2 hours a day without meeting an obvious cheater.

1 hour ago, effektx932 said:

1 week lol. Can you take a step back and realize a lot of players have outside responsibilities.

I work 60-70 hours a week. I do not just come home and spend every waking moment playing Tarkov. I am sure most players do not have tons of time to play this game all day long.

So better play warzone, apex or something with skill based matchmaking. In fact, it takes 2 days to get lv20 rushing quests if you know what you are doing.

18 hours ago, GroanednPwned said:

6 months was a very long time for the devs to bring in new content for the next wipe, but literally all we got were shitty changes and ONE boss for Factory.. Why even do a wipe if that's all you're going to add?!

Yeah 6 months for one expansion, one boss and a system that will never work is pretty bad. Even worse is wiping everyone because streamers were crying there was nothing left to do after playing 14 hours a day it was necessary for scav karma.

On 9/17/2021 at 7:55 AM, GroanednPwned said:

You probably missed the cheaters fest that has been going on for a few months, making many people leave the game.

I can't say there has been a huge player drop off. But I know a couple people that have stopped playing. They say it is that BSG never got better netcode and other bugs. Prioritizing flash and glitter over development of the game lost the two guys that got me into this game.

16 hours ago, effektx932 said:

Maybe rethink your perspective before you call other ppl poo players.

Most of the times players talking like this are the ones that are bad at this game and want to look good to people on the forums.

I work 40 hours a week and dont have the time to invest even 10 hours a week in this game. 

I still play a couple of raids a week but i have to say the game "feels dead".

I play on European servers and playing as a Scav feels like a complete waste of time.

- Seems like there is no PMC in raid, No shots, every door is closed

- No dead Scavs and no living Scavs. completely empty 

- No loot, i know they changed it but i can´t find anything of value Hot Spot or not. Only Stashes 

-When playing as a PMC i can run around and hardly see or hear other PMCs.

-Nice if you try to do Quest but bad if you have to kill players or Scavs.

-I run shoreline till the last 10-15 mins and there are hardly any Scavs. 

I know that it might be bad luck and random but that is just my experience. No hard feelings for BSG.

I like the LVL 20 Flea and the QoL Improvements and stuff.

S still play but it hard to motivate if there i no one else.

Even as a NEET, this is the first wipe we're iv'e gone.....nah, hit 35 then, as usual, interchange and shoreline were infested with hackers (OCE Servers) and with no new content it was time to put the game down for a while.

I honestly hope they increase the flea market higher, because it's made the game harder, but the problem at the moment is, there's too many metas, way too many ducking hackers and just an overall general lack of content for the past 2 years.

A lot of us are in the cookie problem, where if you see someone you don't like, you find reasons to not like them even more (Look at that dumb cutie eating a cookie, yeah you would eat it) and that's what's happening with Tarkov atm, the game is pretty stagnant atm and even long time no lifer vets like myself just can't find a reason to play anymore since we've done ducking everything there is to do  since the wipe cycle has largely been the same since 2019, there's just nothing left to do, its great for a testing phase if this was the finished product, but there's so much more that needs to be added it just feels like pissing in the wind playing tarkov atm. 

• Like 1

hats off to OP for trying to get back in midwipe, it's additional pain to an already rough game. Despite all of the gitgud posts, I feel your pain, but disagree on somethings. My I came into my first wipe towards the end, and it was brutal trying to learn when a good majority of the players I encountered were in top tier loot, not that you're new but the idea of doing the PACA vest quest or the peacekeeper quest at this point is the epitome of me losing gear over and over with how bad they are late game. The level 20 flea was actually pretty nice at the beginning, it seemed to prolong the proliferation of crazy gear for a few extra days and made the game feel fun when you found good stuff, but I believe they should have slowly lowered the level as the wipe progressed for new players coming in. The other piece you are experiencing is the knee-jerk 'dynamic loot' aka loot nerf to every map, so you are competing for profit and quests with people that had the ability to farm interchange, shoreline, reserve and labs with full loot mode on for most of the wipe until now, and I absolutely disagree with that implementation mid wipe because it hurts players like you tremendously more than it hurts the dude that has 50 million rubles in their stash. Lastly, I think the wipe cycle is crucial to keeping the game play fresh, I do wish they'd tweak a lot of quests, but I prefer early game pvp more than I like the laser gun meta and level 5+ armor on most encounters, the idea of a persistence would quickly turn me off from tarkov immediately if I was only playing late meta daily.

If you do keep chugging along, good luck, if not, see you next wipe

19 hours ago, ricacov said:

So better play warzone, apex or something with skill based matchmaking. In fact, it takes 2 days to get lv20 rushing quests if you know what you are doing.

Pestily did a level 1-20 speedrun in basically 16 hours. He is one of the single most knowledgeable players in Tarkov and it still took him 16 hours.

I think it is fair to say that is close to as fast as you are going to level to 20. That is 8 hours a day if you plan to do that in 2 days. I think we just covered most players have jobs and do not have 8 hours a day to play this game.

I also think it is fair to say that a majority of players are going to take longer than 16 hours.

Now on a side note lets just look at this from a business standpoint. Do you think it makes any sense what so ever to alienate the players with less time to play the game considering they make up a majority of the player base.

Saying a player with less time should just play a different game sounds extremely stupid to me.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ricacov said:

it takes 2 days to get lv20 rushing quests if you know what you are doing.

Accurate, I got level 20 very quickly as I rushed through quests. Know the maps and locations and requirements of current and future quests. Just stack items up and accept, complete so many early quests. Easy XP with no need to do a raid for it. 

7 minutes ago, Nasyr said:

Accurate, I got level 20 very quickly as I rushed through quests. Know the maps and locations and requirements of current and future quests. Just stack items up and accept, complete so many early quests. Easy XP with no need to do a raid for it. 

Just beyond annoying when people do not read context.

1 hour ago, effektx932 said:

Now on a side note lets just look at this from a business standpoint. Do you think it makes any sense what so ever to alienate the players with less time to play the game considering they make up a majority of the player base

THIS...

I feel this.  Ive  played EFT since the days of it ONLY having Factory as a map.  This wipe, and the last wipe is the first that I've honestly just lost all interest in playing entirely.   The game feels horribly stagnant, between it being nearly 2 years since the last map, and the same horrible network, and optimization issues that the game has had since the Alpha days.  Of course we don't have "stats" on the player base, but  for anyone to act as if the player base isn't dying is just being willfully ignorant.  Just browse the forums.  You can hardly find a positive post in the forums these days.  The player base is unhappy, and it shows.  I get BSG is building the game that they want to build, and I'm all for that, HOWEVER, without people supporting this game, they can't afford to keep making it, sooo maybe its time to address the elephants in the room, and throw some serious work into addressing the issues we've had since day 1.

• Hot 1

4 hours ago, effektx932 said:

I also think it is fair to say that a majority of players are going to take longer than 16 hours.

Now on a side note lets just look at this from a business standpoint. Do you think it makes any sense what so ever to alienate the players with less time to play the game considering they make up a majority of the player base.

Saying a player with less time should just play a different game sounds extremely stupid to me.

In what way they allienated the players with less time to play? First time I got this game I was married with a psycopath, a full potato and much rather play csgo than this while my psycho was away (in fact my KD was 1.ish), and that's what I'm recommending, play something with sbmm, ranks, so you match theorically even (csgo is so sheet right now so I said warzone, by the way all my friends prefer warzone than this and I play more warzone with duo/trio than tarkov, this is my "singleplaye game"). Now I'm on a complete different job, also with leftover money so a investor as well and yet not much time to play. 2 hours a day AT BEST. What I did was taking some monday and tuesday and play like a retard 15 hours each and got to lv20 and back to 2h a day. After that only time I played more than 2h a day was grinding money for btc3.

This is not a game for everyone and people must understand this.

If they ever make some kind of low level lobby (like people love to suggest), a lot of players will be getting second accounts (or using their main and only), wiping asap, never doing any quest and bashing on the newbs so this lv20 will be meaningless again. Lowering flea market will not make any sense, I'm level 40 with only 6M leftover as now (and PISSED because I lose my 600k loadout for idiot reasons), do you think a lv10, 20, 30 will have money for tier 5/6 armor and 1000 rubles for each BP round? Lol

8 hours ago, effektx932 said:

Pestily did a level 1-20 speedrun in basically 16 hours. He is one of the single most knowledgeable players in Tarkov and it still took him 16 hours.

I think it is fair to say that is close to as fast as you are going to level to 20. That is 8 hours a day if you plan to do that in 2 days. I think we just covered most players have jobs and do not have 8 hours a day to play this game.

I work full time and it took me a month to get to level 20. I can only play about 2 hrs a day.

1 hour ago, Wolfens_Razor said:

I work full time and it took me a month to get to level 20. I can only play about 2 hrs a day.

If you were just playing your PMC and playing everyday for a month it took you 60 hours then to get to level 20 vs 16 hours that Pestily did. 

They need to remove currency and flea market from the game completely imho. This is the reason RMT exists. I've seen it with multiple games that have an in-game economy. It's a great idea but it literally never works. The amount of suspicious moments would be greatly decreased if they did this I believe.

10 hours ago, AvIt21 said:

They need to remove currency and flea market from the game completely imho. This is the reason RMT exists. I've seen it with multiple games that have an in-game economy. It's a great idea but it literally never works. The amount of suspicious moments would be greatly decreased if they did this I believe.

flea market isn't entirely to blame though.   a good bit of RMT isn't done through the flea,  its done by brining items in and dropping them for folks, while cheating and wiping the entire server so the person can get out safely.   Eliminating the possibility to bring high value items into raid entirely would probably put a bigger dent in RMT,   that is just one piece of the puzzle for BSG to address though.   Even more important than new content, is literally just dedicating more resources to address the issues that we've had since literally day 1.     Face one direction, 100+ frames,   turn 90 degrees left,  50 frames.   The horrible desync, to the extent some players are invisible to some people, region locking, hit reg.   All of it is seriously day 1 issues that have been allowed to exist since August 2016.   It took them literally years to address the pistol glitch in the gamma container.  Until they fix day 1 problems,  this game has already hit its peak, since its even seeing the biggest streamers/YT people walk away, and even making public announcements on them leaving directly due to the state of the game.

I don't really mind if people want to blow money on RMT gear, it's their money and chances are, if they are buying stuff because they can't get it, they aren't very good at the game, therefor, easy loot. It's the cheaters that are providing RMT carries and RMT loot that is the root of the problem in my opinion.