Jump to content

Explanations needed!


GhostMen
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi All!

Gentlemen I have one question and I would like some explanation I have been playing this game since 2018, what is going on here that a guy gets two shots in a shotgun from a meter first in the head then around the torso and he is alive ?!?! Then he kills me, what is happening with this game that lately the damage is one big travesty is it me or is it getting worse?

If someone could explain to me what is going on or correct it would be appreciated.

Thank you and best regards !


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you´d provide any Video someone might been able to tell you what happened.

As I see it, there are basicly to options.

1. Desynch

2. You simply didnt hit his head

 

Honestly, the second option is the most viable. Had tons of Situations where I´ve been like "HOW THE HELL DID HE SURVIVE! I HIT HIM IN THE HEAD!" And then I rewatch it, sometimes even in slowmo and realize that I hit his chest, or completly missed. Its hard to see your own failure but sometimes its the only way. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for your reply and I understand but the situation was as follows.

I was playing scav the opponent was a bad scav from searching a dead body I approached and aimed at the head, shot....
All i heard was his scream of pain i fired a second shot near his torso from literally a few centimetres away and he survived....

Sometimes I miss but this situation frustrated me and I wanted to ask experienced colleagues if it's a problem with synchronization or recording damage on the server.

shotgun rather has a large area of fire from such a distance should be seriously injured, but I forget it's just a game

Edited by GhostMen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Leitbild said:

If you´d provide any Video someone might been able to tell you what happened.

As I see it, there are basicly to options.

1. Desynch

2. You simply didnt hit his head

 

Honestly, the second option is the most viable. Had tons of Situations where I´ve been like "HOW THE HELL DID HE SURVIVE! I HIT HIM IN THE HEAD!" And then I rewatch it, sometimes even in slowmo and realize that I hit his chest, or completly missed. Its hard to see your own failure but sometimes its the only way. :)

I would say that both are extremely viable. I have been playing this game a long time and know that this games lack of reliability is still as prevalent as when I first started. Tarkov's netcode and hit reg issues are almost as prevalent as mistakes a player makes on his own.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even without the video...

Shots 1-5: Clearly missed.
Shots 6-9: Missed due to recoil (bad spray control).
Shots 10-11: Very close, but recoil and inaccuracy make these reasonable misses.
Shot 12: Likely didn't actually fire because xxx (Hiko) was already dead.

/s

 

Most likley the server liked your opponents client more than yours. Aka NeTCoDe....
https://www.chilliconnect.com/best-practice-01-choosing-the-right-client-server-relationship/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BESK said:

Even without the video...

Shots 1-5: Clearly missed.
Shots 6-9: Missed due to recoil (bad spray control).
Shots 10-11: Very close, but recoil and inaccuracy make these reasonable misses.
Shot 12: Likely didn't actually fire because xxx (Hiko) was already dead.

/s

 

Most likley the server liked your opponents client more than yours. Aka NeTCoDe....
https://www.chilliconnect.com/best-practice-01-choosing-the-right-client-server-relationship/

You may be right but that was a touchdown shot to the head he had no right to live the second shot was taken the same way because the guy was standing and lotting dead scav so for me it's a bit weak for a game with such potential when he's been struggling with this problem for several years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Leitbild said:

And then I rewatch it, sometimes even in slowmo and realize that I hit his chest, or completly missed.

I'd say this is more likely the case, with a touch of the below.

16 hours ago, GhostMen said:

All i heard was his scream of pain

When I play grouped and my mate gets shot, I hear him scream but checking in to see if he needs to back off and medic up he goes 'nope, didn't get hit' but I clearly heard him go OHH ARRGGHH a few times. Game bugs I guess.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

But tell me, do you sometimes see a perfect kill shot and the guy just stands there? Damage recording in this game is a big failure.


Anyway thank you all for your answers.
Apparently this game will never fix this, it's been too long in the making, they don't try to fix the important things and focus on the nitty gritty of course this is my opinion.

Greetings

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor einer Stunde schrieb Vodor:

When I play grouped and my mate gets shot, I hear him scream but checking in to see if he needs to back off and medic up he goes 'nope, didn't get hit' but I clearly heard him go OHH ARRGGHH a few times. Game bugs I guess.

2 different monitors = 2 different games

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GhostMen said:

But tell me, do you sometimes see a perfect kill shot and the guy just stands there?

Very rarely, I made a post about sub-par computers and some of the side effects that I saw during it. It might explain a few anomolies.

1 hour ago, kelevra_06 said:

2 different monitors = 2 different games

Not quite sure what you mean by this? I get it's 2 different games sure, but the bullet detection and hit *should* match both, otherwise you see similar to what Ghostman said earlier except in reverse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Vodor said:

Very rarely, I made a post about sub-par computers and some of the side effects that I saw during it. It might explain a few anomolies.

Not quite sure what you mean by this? I get it's 2 different games sure, but the bullet detection and hit *should* match both, otherwise you see similar to what Ghostman said earlier except in reverse.

Could you give me a link to your post? I'd like to read it!

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GhostMen said:

Could you give me a link to your post? I'd like to read it!

It's not very long and nothing that hasn't been covered before, it was more of my findings when playing on a fairly powerful computer but with a bottleneck, in this case the graphics card.

It highlighted to me how strange the game became with 'odd things' happening and I was mentally comparing it to posts where people said stuff happened but I never experienced it - until I played on a computer that couldn't fully handle Tarkov.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you very much !

I just see for so many years that there is a problem with registering damage in the game, I read somewhere that the netcode is faulty or something like that or the synchronization...

i wonder if this game is over or if they will fix it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Vodor:

I get it's 2 different games sure, but the bullet detection and hit *should* match both

"should"

But in Tarkovs reality it doesnt. Its simple explained: what you see on your screen doesnt happen on others screens. You see your mate getting hit including audio. But he didnt get hit. HE didnt even hear a shot.  Just because you see things on your screen doesnt mean it really happened. Tarkov has always been like that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game is broken. I'm getting super pissed off with it. I'm either moaning about hit reg, or insta-death from players - not head eyes but 3 shots to the torso. Look back at shadow play and enemy barely turned and aimed, let alone got three shots off on me.

Yea, sure you miss, but it takes the absolute piss that when you do aim, either it takes half a second to register, or you get insta nailed. This is with 20ms to server.

 

Edited by stant0s
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, GhostMen said:

what is going on here that a guy gets two shots in a shotgun from a meter first in the head then around the torso and he is alive ?!?!

What ammo?
Was it slug or buckshoot?
Did he has FS/helmet?
What kind of armor he had?

20 hours ago, GhostMen said:

I was playing scav

So we can already say something, u didn't have good ammo.
THat mean even weak ammo could stop/absorb majority of dmg from you.

20 hours ago, GhostMen said:

shotgun rather has a large area of fire

No, shotguns has no "large area of fire", just type of ammo has.
You can use slugs and your "area" is minimized to 1 "bullet".

 

2 hours ago, GhostMen said:

But tell me, do you sometimes see a perfect kill shot and the guy just stands there? Damage recording in this game is a big failure.

Vidoes/proofs, otherwise it's like "HEY I SHOOT GUY IN THORAX 10 TIMES AND HE SURVIVED HOW?!?!:?!?!?!"
Then ppl start guessing what happened, but in reality he did hit him 10 times in thorax with 9x19 RiP ammo but enemy had T6 armor so he dealt 0 dmg.

I rarely have such situacions, ofc it happens but it's like once per month maybe and it's clearly desync (Like hitting scav into head few times with 7n1 when he has no helmet, i can see blood but he still move around)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

So we can already say something, u didn't have good ammo.
THat mean even weak ammo could stop/absorb majority of dmg from you.

On scav I had a weak ammo client had no helmet and survived....

 

6 minutes ago, Niewiarygodny said:

Vidoes/proofs, otherwise it's like "HEY I SHOOT GUY IN THORAX 10 TIMES AND HE SURVIVED HOW?!?!:?!?!?!"
Then ppl start guessing what happened, but in reality he did hit him 10 times in thorax with 9x19 RiP ammo but enemy had T6 armor so he dealt 0 dmg

That's why I wrote here if anyone had such a case once, because it sometimes happens that a guy gets 2 magazines and continues to stand....


I once had a situation where I was aiming at a guy in the head with a sks, and one shot hit him in the head but he survived. Is there any possibility that a 7.62x39 PS cartridge could not penetrate or ricochet at a distance of less than 100m into a WW2 Russian helmet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 2:01 PM, GhostMen said:

Is there any possibility that a 7.62x39 PS cartridge could not penetrate or ricochet at a distance of less than 100m into a WW2 Russian helmet?

Yes, that possible.
Like i survive HS from LPS ammo (which is better round than 7.62 PS) when i had T3 helmet on.
Helmed had 0 durability after this shoot, i had low hp on head but i survived.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started telling everyone at the start of the wipe how bullet spongey this game is as of late, and the net code this game uses for sure doesn't help. If your servers are prioritizing somebody's client just because they're constantly moving, that eliminates all but one of the playstyles for this game. You either rush or die, and it's retarded. That's why everybody has maxed out endurance and no covert skills because it's not a viable play style. It would be in any other game, but Tarkovs netcode makes it almost impossible to play any other way. 

It's nice that we got 27 different types of ammo for each caliber, but what's the point in adding all these different types of ammo if 26 of them don't do poo but tickle people...this game needs to start working on its promise to give a hard-core simulation experience that we all paid for, and not this bullet sponge fantasy RPG mess we're left with right now. 

Until then, sorry dude. We're all forced to play with losers who paid TopSun for some walls, we all have mag dumped people without it registering, and we all have said we're going to play something else and then come back because we've fed all these AAA companies all the money they need to just sell recycled poo that isn't even fun. My advice to you, and everyone else reading this, is get better, punch a wall instead of punching a paragraph into the forums, especially if it's in English, because Nikita is looking on Reddit only 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, NamelessTV said:

I started telling everyone at the start of the wipe how bullet spongey this game is as of late, and the net code this game uses for sure doesn't help. If your servers are prioritizing somebody's client just because they're constantly moving, that eliminates all but one of the playstyles for this game. You either rush or die, and it's retarded. That's why everybody has maxed out endurance and no covert skills because it's not a viable play style. It would be in any other game, but Tarkovs netcode makes it almost impossible to play any other way. 

I hate rushing about so I don't. I don't find it fun either.

But I've not often had any issues with being stationary and sneaky and more often than not I get 1 shot kills, to the face of course. It's very possible though considering the above thread I expect its partly down to 'local variables' as much a server.

Just over 50% survival rate & 4.51 K/D as I write this so guess it works as much as it doesn't!

Edited by Vodor
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...