Single Player Mode

blantisulator

I love being able to run offline mode with Scavs, but you can't keep anything from the raid. I'm not saying, let players go in offline with Scavs, then fight with said loot with players. I'm saying add a 3rd or maybe even a 4th player option where you can PMC singleplayer PVE. I'm a huge fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and I love the realism aspect of ARMA 3. I feel this is the only game that has both those aspects down so well, and I believe a single player mode would be a great addition. I've heard of mods being made to attempt this, but I feel you guys can handle it better anyway. 

• Upvote 1

Agree. Could have an offline mode for each account where you get to keep your offline progression.

It's a great game with a lot of potential. But the current total lack of balance/fairness doesn't exactly make new/casual players want to venture into online pmc raids..
If they won't give us an offline/singleplayer mode, they need to make online pvp more balanced (i.e. not matching new players against level 40+, and not matching solo against squads).

I get the impression that BSG are happy for new/casual players to quit after realizing the game is bullshit, as long as they already got their money out of them.

• Hot 1

i LOVED the pvp when it was pvp. played this for years, it is so clearly infested with cheaters that use ESP and other cheats now it is simply pathetic. i pretty much refuse to put any time into this game now. makes me sick

• Hot 1

1 hour ago, Dusty747 said:

i LOVED the pvp when it was pvp. played this for years, it is so clearly infested with cheaters that use ESP and other cheats now it is simply pathetic. i pretty much refuse to put any time into this game now. makes me sick

Even when they aren't cheaters, the pvp is so one-sided against new players that it's no different to everyone using cheats.

I can't even shoot a scav on the edge of the map without a PMC magically appearing next to me 10 seconds later without making a sound.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:23 PM, blantisulator said:

I love being able to run offline mode with Scavs, but you can't keep anything from the raid. I'm not saying, let players go in offline with Scavs, then fight with said loot with players. I'm saying add a 3rd or maybe even a 4th player option where you can PMC singleplayer PVE. I'm a huge fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and I love the realism aspect of ARMA 3. I feel this is the only game that has both those aspects down so well, and I believe a single player mode would be a great addition. I've heard of mods being made to attempt this, but I feel you guys can handle it better anyway. 

This already exists. Wont mention it here because from what I have noticed BSG does not like it but a google search away will give you what you want.

You know what's just insufferable, people who think EVERYONE is using cheats because they don't play as much as other and simply have less skill. People will always be better than you at games. I've almost never run into this supposed mass of cheaters that everyone claims is even on the US servers, but you know something, I rarely find myself wondering, "Is that guy hacking?" I've used the report button maybe 10 times out of the 2000 or so raids I have played, and even then more than half the time I wasn't 100% sure. Yes I know there is cheaters in other countries, specifically more towards china I've noticed, but I am positive there isn't as many as people say there is, although I do agree it is a problem in some regions. 

I don't consider myself an expert at tarkov, more like a above average player, but whenever I died I always look for ways to improve rather than hackusate. I just simply don't believe people saying there is as many cheaters as they claim there is. The skill level of the average tarkov player is going up all the time and there is always going to be someone who is just MILES ahead of you, it's just something you have to live with in a game where there is no skill-based matchmaking. 

Edited by JeffreyLF
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JeffreyLF said:

it's just something you have to live with in a game where there is no skill-based matchmaking. 

The problem is there's no anything-based matchmaking, and there should be. To not have anything is objectively poor game design.
Imagine World of Warcraft if level 15's who queue for battlegrounds had to play against level 70's. And even solo against squads of 70's...
Nobody would be right in telling the 15's that they're problem and it's just how the game is blah blah.
It's so much more than just a skill gap.

It's all well and good looking for ways to improve when you die rather than blaming cheats. But a lot of the time nothing can even be learned from deaths in Tarkov. This is why people asking for kill-cam etc is so common.

• Cold 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Anzac_Mack said:

The problem is there's no anything-based matchmaking, and there should be. To not have anything is objectively poor game design.
Imagine World of Warcraft if level 15's who queue for battlegrounds had to play against level 70's. And even solo against squads of 70's...
Nobody would be right in telling the 15's that they're problem and it's just how the game is blah blah.

It's all well and good looking for ways to improve when you die rather than blaming cheats. But a lot of the time nothing can even be learned from deaths in Tarkov. This is why people asking for kill-cam etc is so common.

It's intended to be this way to simulate real combat, as you never know what you will be up against, the game is extremely hardcore, it's intended to be difficult to learn and play well

18 hours ago, Anzac_Mack said:

There won't be such thing like matchmaking. Tarkov a way different game than any popular mass products on the market. You can read about it here for example: click