Suggestion for Flea Market (and the secure container) for game quality of life.

Zacarose

We've all seen people (including most streamers) complaining that everyone is quickly super geared and the gunfights don't last 3 seconds and you jump fast from early game straight into a late gameplay state. It's known that the Flea Market is the cause of that. That decrease of the original Tarkov fun. The easy quick access of top tier weapons, attachments and ammunition. And I don't think pushing the Flea Market access to level 20 solves much of that. Currently, every player just rush lvl 20 for Flea Market (and Mechanic lvl 2) and boom: you can have anything. Money is not a issue. 

So what I suggest is a limited access to the Flea Market. A time-based (daily, probably) amount of money a player can trade on Flea Market for buying and selling stuff. It will make the players to have to decide if they want to buy one expensive item in one day or if they prefer to buy many of less expensive items within their daily quota. This will cause the players to play more the actual game raids than staying on the Flea in search for gear and have to better manage what they have and what they are going to use, because the access is not going to be unlimited anymore. Because that's what we have now: unlimited items on the Flea Market (in a game where there should be much more scarcity).

It also should potentially slow up the cheaters. That's because cheaters level up fast and get lots of money fast. So, with their nearly unlimited money and unlimited Flea Market, they are always super geared bullying everyone. If they can't sell unlimited and also buy like that, it will slow them down. A lot, I think (once the power comes from the gear you have)!

So, players could access the Flea Market earlier, like at lvl 5 like previously, but with a limit of how much they will be able to trade. These daily limits may increase according to players level. At certain level, the player will be able to buy and sell a little bit more. Another balancing that can be added to this is that if a player wants to buy (or sell) a very expensive item (like a Red keycard), they could wait some days and accumulate daily quotas. And that's it! You have the Flea Market to be used with strategy, not super gearing players and cheaters.

And the other suggestion, for the Secure Container, has already been talked by some streamers and consists in prohibiting in-raid looted items to be put directly into the container. The player have to extract with the loot first, than it looses the "in-raid loot" status or something like that (could just change the "found in raid" status color and keep the same icon) and than the player can put in the container (and could put, once again, small items like pistols, thermal scopes and NVGs... It won't matter anymore. It's not loot). That's the big potential end of the hatchlings!

I really think those are simple changes that could improve the game experience a lot. I hope the devs think about those things... sooner than later :|

• Upvote 1

You are suggesting a time based... Daily... Money capped flea market. Yeah, this will not happen. It's not the streamer's fault that we play 2 raids a day. Also cheaters don't need good ammo or good guns, majority of time I die to one of them (aimbot users!) is poo ammo (and probably non modded scav guns). 9mm pso, poleva slug, 545 PS, m855 and list goes on.

Radar users tend to know a bit more about what guns to laserbeam with and what ammo to use.

1 hour ago, ricacov said:

You are suggesting a time based... Daily... Money capped flea market. Yeah, this will not happen. It's not the streamer's fault that we play 2 raids a day. Also cheaters don't need good ammo or good guns, majority of time I die to one of them (aimbot users!) is poo ammo (and probably non modded scav guns). 9mm pso, poleva slug, 545 PS, m855 and list goes on.

Radar users tend to know a bit more about what guns to laserbeam with and what ammo to use.

Well, that's not only about the cheaters. That's about the overall game experience of everyone. The access to top tier items (in such short amount of time) has (negative) influence on the game. That's why everyone enjoy so much early wipes and loose most of interest after a month or two.

Now, talking about the cheaters, of course anyone can cheat with low tier gear. And also a cheater can be killed. However, if he's wearing a Slick and a Airframe he tend to last longer, and if he's using M61s he tends to eliminate everyone faster.

Anyway, one important thing that I forgot to mention in my post is that the cheaters use the Flea Market not only to dress themselves, but to get the items they sell on their black market. The cheater gets the fat loot in the Labs, turn that into millions in the Flea, then take those millions and buy the items that people are requesting in their websites. And repeat that many times a day. What if they couldn't do that? Fair players don't need to make so many million Rubles per day (and still can get rich). Cheaters are the only ones who need the unlimited Flea market. They are in a hurry. They need to maximize profit before their accounts get banned, so they have made enough real life Dollars to buy another account and reapet the proccess.

I have some idea about limited ammo that have more than ~35 penetration power not allow to buy/sell on flea market and maximun nummer of high pen round should be not more than 150.

7.62x39 BP from 300 > 90 rounds

5.45 BP > 180 rounds

5.45 BT > 150 rounds

M856A1 > 150 rounds

M855A1 > 90 rounds on peackeeper and remove an option to buy from skier lv.4

M80 > 150 rounds

M62 >  90 rounds

M61 > 60 rounds

I think about decress all ammo with ~35 penetration power rounds spawn in raid, raider and boss too.

By this, I though we might need remove class 5 and class 6 armor from flea market too except Killa armor , Tagilla armor and Zabrolo. (If my idea comblined with your idea. These high gear will feel more important not just like it just an item that I can buy over and over if I have money.) Only way player can access to class 5 and 6 armors is on level 3-4 trader only some need to be unlock after mission. Now player have to choose that they want class 5 armor but more protection area or class 6 with limited carry slot or class 6 that have better protection but very heavy and very expensive.

I kinda want high pen rounds and class 5 and 6 armor to be more uncommon to see. It should be more harder for player to access thoses item. It will not remove player who run best gear everytime in the late of wipe but at least slow down player to stockpile eng game gear.

In my opinion, I think class 6 armor like slick and hexgrid should not be found in raid or even the raider. idk it is my opion but I think slick and hexgrid is an armor that come too fast on state of the game. By the lore and story of EFT. It have a high gear military group call "Black division" I think a lot of high end gear should be on thoses guys in the future.

sry for my bad english and off topic in the end.

5 minutes ago, MasaruSanji said:

I have some idea about limited ammo that have more than ~35 penetration power not allow to buy/sell on flea market and maximun nummer of high pen round should be not more than 150.

7.62x39 BP from 300 > 90 rounds

5.45 BP > 180 rounds

5.45 BT > 150 rounds

M856A1 > 150 rounds

M855A1 > 90 rounds on peackeeper and remove an option to buy from skier lv.4

M80 > 150 rounds

M62 >  90 rounds

M61 > 60 rounds

I think about decress all ammo with ~35 penetration power rounds spawn in raid, raider and boss too.

By this, I though we might need remove class 5 and class 6 armor from flea market too except Killa armor , Tagilla armor and Zabrolo. (If my idea comblined with your idea. These high gear will feel more important not just like it just an item that I can buy over and over if I have money.) Only way player can access to class 5 and 6 armors is on level 3-4 trader only some need to be unlock after mission. Now player have to choose that they want class 5 armor but more protection area or class 6 with limited carry slot or class 6 that have better protection but very heavy and very expensive.

I kinda want high pen rounds and class 5 and 6 armor to be more uncommon to see. It should be more harder for player to access thoses item. It will not remove player who run best gear everytime in the late of wipe but at least slow down player to stockpile eng game gear.

In my opinion, I think class 6 armor like slick and hexgrid should not be found in raid or even the raider. idk it is my opion but I think slick and hexgrid is an armor that come too fast on state of the game. By the lore and story of EFT. It have a high gear military group call "Black division" I think a lot of high end gear should be on thoses guys in the future.

sry for my bad english and off topic in the end.

Yeah, it's an idea to limit how much you can trade by items tiers, but that would be a little more complicated than just define an amount of money to trade, where the players can freely choose what they want within that budget. And the prices on Flea shall always vary according to demand/supply (keeping the fair free market).

Chipping in my 2 cents as a new player who's getting bullied so much I can't reach level 20.. (too easy to reach 20 my a$$!!)

Absolutely agree.

My alternative suggestion was to assign level restrictions to each item, rather than have a lazily implemented level-lock on the entire flea market.
E.g. a Vectors/M4s and tier 5-6 armor could be locked until level 25, but at level 5-10 you can start buying decent ammo and junk for Hideout upgrades.

I'm level 10 with 2 scav junkboxes full of valuable crap and I still can't build basic level 1 Hideout upgrades like my water collector, because I can't buy the last hose I need..
Can't even build the Shooting Range to practice recoil control..

I think they should make flea market an endgame only thing, comes with Intel Center level 3 or after completing Perfect Mediator quest when you get LL4 on all traders. But after that, just let it be. And what is considered 'too fast' to hit top tier? 1 month? 6 months? There's a point where you have to let it go, especially if the game actually ever does reach a 1.0 state and there won't be wipes a few times a year to reset. At some point, the vast majority of people playing will have access to everything and should be allowed to enjoy it to the fullest.

Frankly I think some of these problems would sort themselves if they made the game more realistic (helmets can't eat rifle rounds period, so while you'd need BS or Igolnik to pen high armor thorax, PS will likely still one tap a head, helmets and visors should max out at level 3 armor protection.) So it'd make way more ammo viable with some extra aiming, as well as just buffing most of the ammo for flesh damage and reducing health aka, bring back chest one taps. But streamers cried about cheap and powerful Mosins when they got introduced and I doubt anything's changed since then that made BSG change it specifically to cater to them and toss away their promise of realism again.

less demand = lower prices

that's what would happen if less people buy high gear from flea market.

As far as i know, the only way is to drastically lower spawn rate of high tier stuff and remove it from dealers/crafting.