I'm a casual, and why fleamarket is ruining the Tarkov experience.

SR_Madruga

Hello guys,

First of all I want to congrats BSG staff for the great work they've been doing and for creating this Diamond for us PC gamers.

I already know that the fleamarket is something that will stay, I saw Nikita talking about it in various moments, but as a casual I still think that fleamarket is harming more than helping, specially the casual audience, I mean, the only ones that really take some advantage of it are chads and streamers, players that have more than 6 hours per day to play the game. The way flea works right now, is just feeding a cycle where those players can buy one million rouble kits per raids, looks like a ponzi scheme, where the majority is working to maintain the top wealth, just watch lvndmark playing and you'll get my point, in the other hand as a casual I can't do that, and I have to confront those kind of players in the raid, which makes the game lame and not a good experience, and when I get a good gun, ammunition or equipment they usually go to the hands of the top minority.

As a concept I think that fleamarket is not fit already, we are talking about a game that is supposed to have the feeling of survival, scavenging, the apocalyptic event where all hope is lost and you're fighting to survive, how is somebody supposed to buy lots and lots of supplies and receive it instantly in a hideout? Is amazon delivering by drones in the tarkov zone? Really, it makes 0 sense. The twisted vision of fleamarket is the place of birth of other twisted "rules" or "mechanics", for instance I can mention "found in raid" another twisted mechanics that had to be implemented to accommodate the fleamarket. Not to mention about the dealers, they seem to not bother at all about their PMCs competitors, selling loot cheaper...

This bad design decision turned the world of Tarkov upside down, precaution became reckless, slow and methodical became fast and careless, overaggressive - as a result peekers advantage problem was increased. All of that cause the gear really doesn't matter anymore, everything is available always, 24/7, the only barrier is the money and lastely the lvl prereq, which was a topic of criticism, where I believe that those that were complaining about are exactly the people who wants to benefit from fleamarket, they don't want to spend more time playing, they just want the soft, shallow PvP oriented experience, where they gear up in seconds and queue in raid for another frenetic live or die crazy rollercoaster, it does not matter anymore...

That is why I think fleamarket should be tweaked a lot or totally revised, maybe put it in a physical place where players should travel to sell and buy stuff, risking everything in the middle, or just civillian fleamarket where the special ammo and guns could be aquired only in raid, not even in traders... 

I just know for sure that the fleamarket concept right now is wrong and out of place, don't get me wrong, I don't want the game to be easier, I want it to be harder for everybody...

ps: Just to be clear, I'm not a kid, I'm 33yr, I have a full time job and I just want to play the game when possible, and when I do I want to feel the old tarkov experience again, where people were afraid, almost terrified, and every step should be thought earlier.

Edited by SR_Madruga
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

+1 from a new/casual player struggling to even get to level 20..

I'm not expecting to be able to buy Vectors, M4's, tier 6 armor etc at low levels.. Lock those behind level 20+. for sure.
But not even being able to build my basic level 1 Hideout structures is absurd. Likewise not being able to buy decent mid-tier ammo for my crappy guns.

I honestly disagree. The Points you´re blaming are not caused by the Fleamarket.

You say "watch landmark" to understand your Point. Landmark is a guy, who plays a metric ton and seems to be doped. He can spot people within a milisecond and murder them half a second later. I dont like his playstyle and I dont like him as a person aswell, but I´ve come to accept the fact (many years ago + im the same age as OP) that there will allways these hyper competetive people. Those people have forgotten, that we play the game for fun. Those Kind play to win, nothing else. And everything is wrapped around that.

Dont get me wrong, Im not trying to shame/blame him. Thats just his way, I may not like it but I goddamn sure cant do anything about it. But to not stray further away from the point I was trying to make, is that even without the Flea those people would still Stomp around, murder you and so on.

The flea makes one thing and thats redirecting cashflow. With the new loot system, you can easily run the best Gear aviable, even without the Fleah. Only thing you have to do, is REALLY look around. I see alot of players, running down the routes they know, looting only containers and ignoring the Tetriz that lies right next to it. I feel like alot of folks watch those clickbait youtube videos "HOW I MADE X MILLION IN 1 HOUR!!!1!!!" and copy that, rather then doing what you claim is missing. Looking around, searching and scavenging. Sure, sometimes you´re out of luck and the area you´re in has been looted toroughly. Bust most of the time I am able to Find 200-500k worth of stuff. The hidden stashes are all over the maps and some seem to be completly unkown to the majority of people.

And I am not even focusing on just the money. You can regularly find m61, .308 MDR, Slicks, Hexgrids and all the other high gear stuff just lying around. Im also just a guy, that can mostly play 3 hours +/- per day depending on my shift and yet I am level 43, SR of 75%, K/D of 11~ and a stash with more stuff than I can loose untill the next wipe and let me tell you, most of it is FIR or taken by people I killed.

The Real difference here is, that I am playing since Alpha. Playing tarkov since 2017.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb SR_Madruga:

As a concept I think that fleamarket is not fit already, we are talking about a game that is supposed to have the feeling of survival, scavenging, the apocalyptic event where all hope is lost and you're fighting to survive, how is somebody supposed to buy lots and lots of supplies and receive it instantly in a hideout?

I feel thats a General misconception too. Its not like the Tarkov region got Nuked or something. Something bad happened there but thats basicly all we know about how dire the situation is. Yet you get tasked to genocide hundred upon hundreds of People. "Go there and murder 10 People" "Murder 15 people with [specific weapon]" and so on. There is still population and there seems to be still some infrastucture and supply. The UN is there wich means there is some kind of Supply, there is seemigly alot of Surplus since at least 2 of the traders specialized into that kind of thing. Fence is supposed to be a network, so there is clearly some Market aviable. So the flea is just a addition for that by the players.

Tarkov has alot of Problems and its far from being perfect or anything like that. But you´re barking to the Wrong tree IMHO. :)

If they remove that or secure containers ill leave, simple as that :) This game may not be hard to the no lifers but to me it's already difficult. I want to be able to access good stuff to have a fighting chance against people who know all the meta armor loot spawns

21 hours ago, SR_Madruga said:

Hello guys,

First of all I want to congrats BSG staff for the great work they've been doing and for creating this Diamond for us PC gamers.

I already know that the fleamarket is something that will stay, I saw Nikita talking about it in various moments, but as a casual I still think that fleamarket is harming more than helping, specially the casual audience, I mean, the only ones that really take some advantage of it are chads and streamers, players that have more than 6 hours per day to play the game. The way flea works right now, is just feeding a cycle where those players can buy one million rouble kits per raids, looks like a ponzi scheme, where the majority is working to maintain the top wealth, just watch lvndmark playing and you'll get my point, in the other hand as a casual I can't do that, and I have to confront those kind of players in the raid, which makes the game lame and not a good experience, and when I get a good gun, ammunition or equipment they usually go to the hands of the top minority.

As a concept I think that fleamarket is not fit already, we are talking about a game that is supposed to have the feeling of survival, scavenging, the apocalyptic event where all hope is lost and you're fighting to survive, how is somebody supposed to buy lots and lots of supplies and receive it instantly in a hideout? Is amazon delivering by drones in the tarkov zone? Really, it makes 0 sense. The twisted vision of fleamarket is the place of birth of other twisted "rules" or "mechanics", for instance I can mention "found in raid" another twisted mechanics that had to be implemented to accommodate the fleamarket. Not to mention about the dealers, they seem to not bother at all about their PMCs competitors, selling loot cheaper...

This bad design decision turned the world of Tarkov upside down, precaution became reckless, slow and methodical became fast and careless, overaggressive - as a result peekers advantage problem was increased. All of that cause the gear really doesn't matter anymore, everything is available always, 24/7, the only barrier is the money and lastely the lvl prereq, which was a topic of criticism, where I believe that those that were complaining about are exactly the people who wants to benefit from fleamarket, they don't want to spend more time playing, they just want the soft, shallow PvP oriented experience, where they gear up in seconds and queue in raid for another frenetic live or die crazy rollercoaster, it does not matter anymore...

That is why I think fleamarket should be tweaked a lot or totally revised, maybe put it in a physical place where players should travel to sell and buy stuff, risking everything in the middle, or just civillian fleamarket where the special ammo and guns could be aquired only in raid, not even in traders... 

I just know for sure that the fleamarket concept right now is wrong and out of place, don't get me wrong, I don't want the game to be easier, I want it to be harder for everybody...

ps: Just to be clear, I'm not a kid, I'm 33yr, I have a full time job and I just want to play the game when possible, and when I do I want to feel the old tarkov experience again, where people were afraid, almost terrified, and every step should be thought earlier.

lol do some scav raids get stuff to sell

buy good stuff stop crying

even me total rat n00b have times when i kill 4 man chad group only becose i outrat them

git g00d

5 hours ago, ChlebZeSmalcem said:

even me total rat n00b have times when i kill 4 man chad group only becose i outrat them

That's a lie and you know it.