I've uninstalled the game and here is why

paulv2k4

I've now reached 100 hours over a period of two months and honestly had enough of the game. I will uninstall until new content or a new patch delivering some decent fixes is released. I applaud BSG for their effort and its a great idea but in my mind the game needs some serious rethinking to get players back on board. Anyway here are my points I would like to make. I fully expect a fan boy backlash but as the game is in beta, I thought I should share!

1. With each patch and random event the game just seems to get worse, not better. For example, the Scav killing everyone (but not each other??) event was just annoying rather than something new to think about. Another example is that patches are seeming to make hit registration worse, then magically better, then magically worse again.
  2. For a game that prides itself on realism, there are some serious flaws. For example. You can bunny hop and miss being hit if your endurance is high enough. Pretty darn sure you cant do that in real life. If you stand next to someone and shoot them in the head, it doesn't actually kill them and registers it has a body hit?! (i've tested this with a friend)
  3. The amount of cheaters on EU servers is bordering ridiculous. They use stupid, moronic names and don't even hide that they do it.
  4. The game has become a chore rather than enjoyable. For someone who doesn't have 8-12 hours a day to play the game, it is getting a tad annoying to try and reach level 20. Some say you can do it in a matter of "days". I challenge you to do that when you only have 1 hour spare every 3 days. You will get bored and annoyed.
  5. The quests are stupid, a chore and make little to no sense. As an example. Why am I putting a random bottle of water into a random broken box on Woods which also takes me 30 seconds to do so? Why is the mechanic (an apparent dude who knows everything about guns) asking a random bunch (1000s) of PMCs to build him a random AK (with a random, very difficult to obtain subset of parts) that apparently he has "no time" to do himself but then also sells those parts when you reach a higher level?
  6. The game makes little sense in terms of lore. Why are we spawning randomly into a land to keep collecting stuff to never actually go anywhere else? When do we make our "Escape from Tarkov"?
  7. BSG ruined the XP system a few patches back where you can actually play in a game for 10-20 minutes, collect lots of stuff but it still gives you only 0xp because you've died. Had this a good few times now. This, in turn has turned the game away from a looting and survival game to a must kill scavs / other players game. If I wanted a shooter, I would just play any other decent realistic (ish) shooter game like good old Americas Army.
  8. The game desperately needs an offline Coop (have you ever played the offline mode with the scavs all murdering each other? its actually quite fun)
  9. Some guns are literal pea shooters and genuinely pointless in the game
  10. You can shoot someone in the leg 10 times and not kill them
  11. Lag and hit registration is bad. 
  12. What is the point of the hideout? Yes it upgrades you slightly and allows you make minor things but really its pointless
  13. The level gap between casual and "pro"/streamers is stupid and there is no level matching
  14. Top level guns are stupidly over powered
  15. Its too easy to earn money through scav runs, allowing players with too much time on their hands to just continuously scav run. I watched Gingerliness on Twitch and she very nearly got 100m in 100 scav runs. That is stupid.
  16. What is the point of the Euro currency?
  17. Spawn points have recently become very close together (last few patches have done this). The amount of times I have bumped into another player with 2 minutes of starting is enormous.
  18. Scav runs are more fun than PMC runs. This doesn't feel right.
  19. Scav karma doesn't mean a thing in this game and player scavs that killer other player scavs are not punished enough!

I want to conclude that this feeling is not just mine alone. There are big time streamers and other fans that feel the same way. I've watched many of them get very frustrated at the game and its obvious issues. Its a great game but where is it going? For me, it is standing still, and just changing its clothes with each patch.

Much love to BSG. Hope you guys fix it. See you in a few months.

Edited by paulv2k4
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 11

I agree with a lot of it, but here are the things I think are a bit off

5. Quests in quite literally a choir in every single game. At least you are not spending 20 minutes picking flowers on World of Warcraft. I do like what they have done with some of the quests. Gun quests with mechanic teach people about building guns. For new players this is useful to learn. Other quests get players to try out other playstyles to succeed....like shooter born in heaven, and the shotgun quest.

6. This isn't a story driven game like Last of Us. I do not see why people need a lore or story.

10. Never experienced this. Can shoot someone 3-4 times with RIP ammo and they are dead regardless of gear.

13. Matchmaking tends to lead to longer que times. I would rather face higher rated players than wait an additional 10 minutes for each que

15. Since when is earning money a bad thing. I would rather everyone has money so I am fighting actually geared players. Pretty annoying that half of every lobby consists of players in Scav Gear, running pistols, or straight up hatchet running.

18. Not remotely true in my experience

19. Tell that to my friend with -7 Scav Karma and a 40 minute wait time.

2 hours ago, effektx932 said:

If you have -7 karma your cool down should be at least 24 hours 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The game is not in a good place at all, that's for sure. This wipe got boring extremely fast, hope they make some changes. My group of about 5 have completely stopped playing the game as well. 

Your problem is that you are used to soulless one-time games. Like cod and others. Where it is not necessary to think, plan, understand. Tarkov is not for everyone. And this makes it unique and one of the best. Like the games of the 90s. Where it was necessary to turn on the brains.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, AFT said:

Your problem is that you are used to soulless one-time games. Like cod and others. Where it is not necessary to think, plan, understand. Tarkov is not for everyone. And this makes it unique and one of the best. Like the games of the 90s. Where it was necessary to turn on the brains.

Its funny you say that considering I was looking for a "soulful" game in Tarkov. It IS for me and people like me. Which is why I bought it. So yeah. You are wrong friend, I was born in the 80s and brought up on Commodore 64 games. 

8 hours ago, effektx932 said:

I agree with a lot of it, but here are the things I think are a bit off

5. Quests in quite literally a choir in every single game. At least you are not spending 20 minutes picking flowers on World of Warcraft. I do like what they have done with some of the quests. Gun quests with mechanic teach people about building guns. For new players this is useful to learn. Other quests get players to try out other playstyles to succeed....like shooter born in heaven, and the shotgun quest.

6. This isn't a story driven game like Last of Us. I do not see why people need a lore or story.

10. Never experienced this. Can shoot someone 3-4 times with RIP ammo and they are dead regardless of gear.

13. Matchmaking tends to lead to longer que times. I would rather face higher rated players than wait an additional 10 minutes for each que

15. Since when is earning money a bad thing. I would rather everyone has money so I am fighting actually geared players. Pretty annoying that half of every lobby consists of players in Scav Gear, running pistols, or straight up hatchet running.

18. Not remotely true in my experience

5. They are not fun and a chore. The mechanic doesn't "teach" you anything, he just spouts random badly translated words at you and just expects you to go round buying random crap to do it. It could at least tell you what you need (rather than all of us requiring a damn Wiki)! And also not like it does anything to the damn gun anyway apart from a 0.01 increase in movement speed and a slightly increased/decreased recoil, which means nothing as most guns are pea shooters.

The other quests you mention require you to get through more difficult quests to get there.

6. Well the game does kind of call itself an RPG and has videos/movies/series on what is happening there.

10. Not all of us can get RIP ammo, this adds on to the huge level gap in the game. Also why should it require a specific ammo type to kill people. In my mind BSG have over thought it and the balance is all wrong. Yes, ammo types should injure people differently and work against armor but if I shoot someone in the uncovered face with ANY bullet, they should die. 

13. Agreed.

15. Considering the game is about scavenging stuff and survival, its really odd that someone that has no life is running around with MK47 or Vectors because they can get money so easily.

19. He should be banned for at least a few hours. That would put an end to his BS.

Edited by paulv2k4

11 hours ago, paulv2k4 said:

I've now reached 100 hours over a period of two months

11 hours ago, paulv2k4 said:

I challenge you to do that when you only have 1 hour spare every 3 days.

I rly dont want to nitpick but......u say u played 100 Hours in 2 Months, 5 min later u talk about hot hard it is to get up to lvl 20 and u say "I challenge you to do that when you only have 1 hour spare every 3 days.", soooo how did u manage to play 100 Hours in 2 Months when u only have 1 Hour of freetime every 3 Days......

34 minutes ago, MrBlackcash said:

I rly dont want to nitpick but......u say u played 100 Hours in 2 Months, 5 min later u talk about hot hard it is to get up to lvl 20 and u say "I challenge you to do that when you only have 1 hour spare every 3 days.", soooo how did u manage to play 100 Hours in 2 Months when u only have 1 Hour of freetime every 3 Days......

Yeah I was exaggerating. My bad. Point was that it takes well over 100 hours to reach level 20 if you don't know what you are doing.

Edited by paulv2k4
Clarification

Finally a threat about current issues with a nice tone, I'm in. I tend to agree with you on most point, but some are in my opinion a bit off or quite wrong. Points I don't mention I fully agree.

1. Yes, the last event was feeling quite bad and I don't get the point of it. However, events started as a way for players to experience other gear and test it. Also some newer events where made to test new stuff and get feedback on it. Yeah it might not be a lot of fun many times, but we are playing a beta. Our fun should not be on number 1 of our priority list when playing, but testing, giving feedback and reporting bugs. Some people don't understand what it means to play a beta and just play it trying to have fun not reporting anything and then complain when some things get changed to the worse. It's a big mentality problem most people have nowadays.

2. Yes, the movement system is bad how it is right now. I care less about the bunny hopping but the strafing left right left without a break. Combine this with some lag and delay and you can forget about long range sniping. However, it is already known and they are working on an inertia system they release with the next (or second to next) patch. So yes they pride they claim to be very realistic and they are wokring on it, so I dont see the problem. Regarding the hit registration, yes it is a big issue and I hope they are working on it.

4. Yes, fleamarket level 20 is for new and casual players quite hard to achieve. I think they mainly raised it in the hope of fighting cheaters, which is a bad way to fight cheaters imho. Also I think it should rather be locked behind a long chain of quests and not a level. That being said, I think it's good for the game to not have the flea market early on. Actually I think the flea market is part of the biggest issue I have with EFT: you can buy basically everything on the flea market, everything is available. No need to find stuff in game and work for it. Just buy it on the flea market. This takes value (not speaking about money) from items you find and makes it therefore less exciting.

5. Yes, quests to need work and they even say they are actively working on them and said multiple times that most/some of the quests are just placeholders at the moment. However, if you read the quest describtion you would knew why you store the bottle of water there. I find most quests already better than most other online games. Now, many games have better quests, sure, and what makes them better is because they interact more with your environment, maybe even contected to specific events. However, you can't do this in tarkov. If you would have such complex quests e.g. with events you would never finish them because other players would come there and kill you every time. But there are some real flaws I hope they do not take over to the new quests such as the long hiding time for items, quests which are rather achievements (kill with tremor, kill with certain modified weapon to head, kill without using meds etc.) but I hope they are some of the placeholders and the biggest issue for me with quests is that the you pretty much have to use a wiki for some quests which is completly not how it should be. They really have to work on the quest describtions. Also, some quests required keys which you only get if you are very very lucky or buy them on flea market. Again, this should not be how it works. If you need a key for a quest then you should have an clear idea how to find it. Not on another map in a shelf with 0 evidence that you can find it there. They have some quests where a key has a 100% spawn rate on a described place (e.g. bunker at rock exit in shoreline) and this is how it should be. They should give you a hint where you can find the key (or it seems logic from the get go, e.g. oli logistic office key could be dropping from a scav you kill in oli or is in the pocket of a dead scav body laying somewhere close) and it should be there 100% of the time. This means ofc that the keys lose value and in turn behind the lock should not be loot of big value. They would have to separate rare keys with loot behind from keys only really used for quests.

6. So, which game makes more sence to you? In every single shooter you get back on the same maps after you died. You want your account to be reset after you die once and have infinte amounts of maps? Btw escaping tarkov is also described by them already. With the story quests they mean to guide you through all maps in the end and once you've escaped all in the end, you basically escape and now can join big servers with all maps combined as one. Whether or not they will achieve this vision of their game in the next 20 years, I dont know.

9. No, 1. weapons don't decide much of their kill potential but the used ammo does and 2. even weapons like TOZ with only bad ammo have a reason to be in the game. First off all, for SCAVs and second because the goal would be to feel some kind of progress in the game, which you would lose if you start with the best weapons. That being said, this kind of progress is kind of missing which is another problem.

10. Well, then you used the wrong ammo for your playstyle. If you wanna kill by shooting in legs then use ammo with high flesh damage. Yes, the damage model is not flawless but they are contstantly working on it. Actually last small patch from a few days ago addresses this point as well. Also, yes pretty much any round kills with one shot to the uncovered face. Only some shotgun shrapnels from distance don't I think.

12. The hideout is not pointless at all. It gives you progress, possibilities and money. You mainly notice it when you play standard edition and have a small stash you have to upgrade, you can craft ammo you maybe couldnt afford otherwise, it saves you money/time via passive regen and so on. I think they could work on it further but it definitely has a point in the game. Some imporvement would be e.g. allow  disassembling bad quality weapons and armors into weapon parts and different cloths instead of just selling them to fence for hardly any money.

13. The level difference is fine, you should feel more reward when you play a poo ton. Also I think it's fine that you are sometimes matched with people with way higher level. That gives you the chance to earn some great gear.

14. I don't know exactly what you mean with stupidly overpowered but I think it's okay that modern weapons which are highly modded and use best ammo are strong. What's not okay imho is that you don't need to really earn them. Just go on the flea market and buy it ... That's kinda silly.

15. I think it's not about SCAV runs in particular, but for me the issue is that as a poor boy it's hard to get rich and as a rich boy it's easy to stay rich. This needs lots of fine tuning to achieve a state in which it is hard to get rich, but not that hard that new players have 0 roubles anymore after a few raids, and at the same time avoid the situation that once you are rich you pretty much print money and don't need to care about anything anymore and always buy best gear from flea market before a new raid.

16. I guess they will add some EURO trader at some point?

17. I did not feel like spawn points got closer, but I'm not really tracking the exact spawn point so I don't know. But what is wrong with meeting another player within the next 2 minutes? I rather have the oposite problem that sometimes I have raised where I encounter noone. Problem being that maps get bigger via extensions but the player count doesnt increase.

18. Well this seems to be a personal thing of yours because that's not how it feels to me.

19. I think they are getting punished already quite hard but that mechanic is the newest one in the game and of course needs improvement. Again, this is a beta and we mean to test things.

• Like 1

Am 21.9.2021 um 23:16 schrieb paulv2k4:

I've now reached 100 hours over a period of two months and honestly had enough of the game. I will uninstall until new content or a new patch delivering some decent fixes is released. I applaud BSG for their effort and its a great idea but in my mind the game needs some serious rethinking to get players back on board. Anyway here are my points I would like to make. I fully expect a fan boy backlash but as the game is in beta, I thought I should share!

I agree with you ... not on all points, but on the most important ones.

(game idea is outstanding, bugs as well)

• 3 weeks later...

Ya I agree, I love the concept and I love the strategy that goes along with it. I've spent considerable amount of time with Hunt: Showdown, Squad, Post Scriptum etc. And before anyone jumps on it, I knew going into this game there was going to be a learning curve, it's different than the others but I have to say, the experience gap between new players and even intermediate players is very VERY apparent.

I've tried to research exit points, strategies, through content creators, guides etc. because it became obvious that the game wasn't providing any information at all how to escape or what to look for... but I've barely been able to make it to a door and the first time I made it to the door, it was locked with not a clue where to find the key.

The other dozens of times I've been able to sneak around for 5-10 minutes only to get owned in a gun fight.

I'm also consistently thinking of my money pool and what happens when I run out. I've lost several weapons now and bought a few and getting low on Rubles. What happens if I lose all my money? Run out with a knife? Play a SCAV, then wait 25 minutes, play it again? 

This is a perspective from a new player 15-20 hours of gameplay, playing on one map, Factory and trying to get a feel for the game and map knowledge while trying to level up. I came on here today because of the frustrations that have been building up that I have been trying to push through along this learning curve. My last match on Factory, moving out of my spawn only 20 seconds in I get jumped and had a gun fight, I'm down to a Mosin Nagant now, and had to fight a fully automatic with a suppressor. He/she rushed my spawn, he/she knew where I was going to be and he/she had the tools and knowledge to do it easy... I think this was a product of the experience gap, but as a result, I lost all my gear and 0 experience and I'm that much closer to being broke.. 

Thanks for explaining to everyone why you uninstalled the game, I guess. I can sort of agree on some things, but I don't think about it that deep honestly. Here's the thing man, BSG is a small Russian game developer that has successfully competed against the biggest AAA game developers for quite some time now. There will be flaws, and having a VIDEO GAME being 100% realistic is just simply not going to happen. You got ARMA, DayZ and Tarkov, those are the only 3 realistic multi-player shooters I can name off the top of my head. What do those 3 games have in common? They're all made by small developers who are more focused on maintaining a quality product rather than focusing on annual titles in order to push sales up. Do what you want dude, but I think you'll be back lol. 

In the meantime, you should try out S.T.A.L.K.E.R., or maybe Hunt Showdown. They're basically what inspired Tarkov, and maybe playing something similar but much different will allow you to appreciate the game mechanics of Tarkov a little more.

Cya later

1 hour ago, SaydaaNeen said:

I'm also consistently thinking of my money pool and what happens when I run out. I've lost several weapons now and bought a few and getting low on Rubles. What happens if I lose all my money? Run out with a knife? Play a SCAV, then wait 25 minutes, play it again? 

This is a perspective from a new player 15-20 hours of gameplay, playing on one map, Factory and trying to get a feel for the game and map knowledge while trying to level up.

Factory is HORRIBLE for beginners, intermediate and even advanced players. People only go full geared there if their screen name is "tonyspizza" or with 2 or more friends. I love there and I think twice over a month I have seen a solo player with above tier 4 armor and pen5 ammo.

If your money runs out yes, you can scav or if you are below lv10 without any pain quest done, wipe the account, this can be done on the official website, not the forum. Or join a local discord, people there normally gives weapons and ammo. I once gave 3 bitcoin to a random stranger while I was holding over 20 because the price was too low (270k roubles each).

On 9/21/2021 at 5:16 PM, paulv2k4 said:

1. With each patch and random event the game just seems to get worse, not better. For example, the Scav killing everyone (but not each other??) event was just annoying rather than something new to think about. Another example is that patches are seeming to make hit registration worse, then magically better, then magically worse again.
  2. For a game that prides itself on realism, there are some serious flaws. For example. You can bunny hop and miss being hit if your endurance is high enough. Pretty darn sure you cant do that in real life. If you stand next to someone and shoot them in the head, it doesn't actually kill them and registers it has a body hit?! (i've tested this with a friend)
  3. The amount of cheaters on EU servers is bordering ridiculous. They use stupid, moronic names and don't even hide that they do it.
  4. The game has become a chore rather than enjoyable. For someone who doesn't have 8-12 hours a day to play the game, it is getting a tad annoying to try and reach level 20. Some say you can do it in a matter of "days". I challenge you to do that when you only have 1 hour spare every 3 days. You will get bored and annoyed.
  5. The quests are stupid, a chore and make little to no sense. As an example. Why am I putting a random bottle of water into a random broken box on Woods which also takes me 30 seconds to do so? Why is the mechanic (an apparent dude who knows everything about guns) asking a random bunch (1000s) of PMCs to build him a random AK (with a random, very difficult to obtain subset of parts) that apparently he has "no time" to do himself but then also sells those parts when you reach a higher level?
  6. The game makes little sense in terms of lore. Why are we spawning randomly into a land to keep collecting stuff to never actually go anywhere else? When do we make our "Escape from Tarkov"?
  7. BSG ruined the XP system a few patches back where you can actually play in a game for 10-20 minutes, collect lots of stuff but it still gives you only 0xp because you've died. Had this a good few times now. This, in turn has turned the game away from a looting and survival game to a must kill scavs / other players game. If I wanted a shooter, I would just play any other decent realistic (ish) shooter game like good old Americas Army.
  8. The game desperately needs an offline Coop (have you ever played the offline mode with the scavs all murdering each other? its actually quite fun)
  9. Some guns are literal pea shooters and genuinely pointless in the game
  12. What is the point of the hideout? Yes it upgrades you slightly and allows you make minor things but really its pointless
  13. The level gap between casual and "pro"/streamers is stupid and there is no level matching
  14. Top level guns are stupidly over powered
  15. Its too easy to earn money through scav runs, allowing players with too much time on their hands to just continuously scav run. I watched Gingerliness on Twitch and she very nearly got 100m in 100 scav runs. That is stupid.
  16. What is the point of the Euro currency?
  17. Spawn points have recently become very close together (last few patches have done this). The amount of times I have bumped into another player with 2 minutes of starting is enormous.
  18. Scav runs are more fun than PMC runs. This doesn't feel right.
  19. Scav karma doesn't mean a thing in this game and player scavs that killer other player scavs are not punished enough!

I want to conclude that this feeling is not just mine alone. There are big time streamers and other fans that feel the same way. I've watched many of them get very frustrated at the game and its obvious issues. Its a great game but where is it going? For me, it is standing still, and just changing its clothes with each patch.

Much love to BSG. Hope you guys fix it. See you in a few months.

1. Events are the devs experimenting with different event ideas that may become a more integral part of the game later in development.

2. Inertia is coming in one of the next patches, which will most likely put a stop to that kind of bullcrap.

3. Only so much that can be done, especially with so much focus on development.

4. This game isn't meant for people that only have time to play 1 hour every 3 days. If you bought this game thinking it was, clearly you didn't read into what you were buying well enough.

5. Quests are placeholders to give the players something to do until a more sensible and enjoyable quest system/quest line can be added.

6. This game isn't meant to be a perpetual survival game like DayZ, so "spawning" into raids is how it's going to be. Also, "escaping" from Tarkov is going to be an end goal of the quest line later in development (according to BSG crew).

7. Never heard anybody else have this issue before and is most likely a bug. XP pop-ups in the bottom-right saying you get experience for actions like looting/examining/etc. proves that.

8. Most likely coming, but not a priority feature. Testing can't be done properly when a large portion of the player base decides to play a sandbox offline mode where they just murder hundreds of SCAVs for fun.

9. As is the case in every game. Name me a game with guns where there isn't a peashooter gun and a gun that is a hand cannon.

10. Damage dispersion due to blacked-out limbs is a bit janky right now, but that is something I believe they said would be addressed in a patch or two.

11. Play on the lowest ping servers you can and hope for the best.

12. Gives you access to things like SCAV case for loot drops, water purification for easy water source, faster healing/nourishment recharge, etc. I'd hardly call that "worthless".

13. As is in every game. I don't understand your hate towards people who play more than you, but there will always be a skill gap between people who play 5 hours a week and 50 hours a week. No amount of changes can address that, and I don't think they should.

14. And what's the big deal about that? In real life, there are ammo types (AKA guns) that are depressingly weak (.22 LR, .380, etc.) and guns that'll annihilate you in an instant (7.62x54, .338, etc.). 

15. If it's too easy to earn money in SCAV runs, then it's too easy to earn money in general. SCAV runs put you at a disadvantage, since you spawn super late and typically miss out on all of the prime loot spots and only get the scraps (Hence the name SCAV).

16. A lot of Mechanic's items, as well as several other things, are purchased with euros. You used to be able to purchase weapon cases with euros, but I have no idea if that's still the case or not.

17. Bumping into someone within 2 minutes has always been the case with this game, and honestly that won't change without some major changes (dynamic spawns, interconnected maps, etc.).

18. I suppose a risk-free run with a free gun and equipment would be more fun than having to use your own resources and money to get gear, wouldn't it? 

19. As someone stated above, tell that to the guy who's at -7 karma with a 40 minute SCAV timer and garbage tier weapons vs the neutral/positive karma player with 15 minute cooldowns and mid-tier weaponry.

Anyone that thinks the scav karma is working is wrong.  The guys with -karma don't give a crap about more negative karma.  So what if they have to wait 40 minutes.  They will literally back out of the game and go play something else for that time or just run their pmc, on or offline.  They should be banned from playing as a scav permanently or have that timer literally increased to days, not hours.  Personally I understand why everyone is leaving this game, at least until they add new maps, not gear or weapons or some stupid event that either annoys everyone, or just gives the people that play this 24/7 a chance to get a lot more xp and gear.

Seriously just add a report button for dbag scav and then research and ban the guys abusing this flawed system.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing some thoughts @paulv2k4!

1.With each patch and random event the game just seems to get worse, not better. For example, the Scav killing everyone (but not each other??) event was just annoying rather than something new to think about. Another example is that patches are seeming to make hit registration worse, then magically better, then magically worse again.

Haven't played during this time, so I don't have opinion. 

Yes, it is annoying, but it is confirmed that inertia will be added. It should help for "weird" movement :D

Report suspicious players via button on the death screen. Remember not to report everyone that killed you, I like to record last 5 minutes via NVidia GeForce to check if someone was really cheating. 

Well, you can achieve 20 level or even 40 without playing 8-12 hours a day. I also don't have time to play right now, but doing quests is helpful. Also we can't make levels easy to get, because everyone who plays more or is experienced will reach end-game quicker. Also treating the game like chore won't help you to enjoy the gameplay. You said you've reached 100 hours, so maybe you just haven't found yet what to do in Tarkov and what gives you joy.

Every quest has a description with little history and explanation of the lore. Putting items for 30 second is weird, I agree, but it's just a mechanics to make task less "simple" I believe. Mechanics sells items from gunsmith tasks series at higher PMC levels, because some of the attachments gives your gun buffs. To unlock them, you need to progress.

Spawning randomly and collecting loot is just how the raid are looking. If it doesn't seems clear to you, what do you propose instead? How raids should look like? 

7. BSG ruined the XP system a few patches back where you can actually play in a game for 10-20 minutes, collect lots of stuff but it still gives you only 0xp because you've died. Had this a good few times now. This, in turn has turned the game away from a looting and survival game to a must kill scavs / other players game. If I wanted a shooter, I would just play any other decent realistic (ish) shooter game like good old Americas Army.

Have to disagree - I earn pretty good XP just by looting and killing even 1-2 Scavs. And levelling was to fast to be honest. 

8. The game desperately needs an offline Coop (have you ever played the offline mode with the scavs all murdering each other? its actually quite fun)

It is planned.

9. Some guns are literal pea shooters and genuinely pointless in the game

Explain more. It tells nothing to me to be honest. 

Depends on ammunition.

It is problematic sometimes

12. What is the point of the hideout? Yes it upgrades you slightly and allows you make minor things but really its pointless

Have you reached maximum Hideout? It gives you plenty of buffs:
- Hideout management skill gives you percentage buffs for modules
- Crafting skill allows you to produce items faster
- You can craft items with FiR status to: complete quests, sell on Flea, to your own purpose
- Intelligence Centre reduces Scav cooldown timer, Flea tax (lvl 3), higher money for quests, producing graphics card
- BTC farm - money literally making in the background
- modules make your PMC healing and regenerating faster after raid
- with maximum hideout you can have 110 point of hydration, instead of 100. 
- you can craft high tier ammunition

13. The level gap between casual and "pro"/streamers is stupid and there is no level matching

Because there won't be matchmaking, Tarkov is different game. Raids are unpredictable, you'll never know what levels you are going to meet. Don't look at the streamers - they play every day for very long hours, so they are not example of casual players. Don't compare yourself to them. Plus you also will be experienced if you will spend some time in game and learn mechanics.

14. Top level guns are stupidly over powered

What do you mean by "overpowered"? Do you write about attachments, statistics, ammunition?

15. Its too easy to earn money through scav runs, allowing players with too much time on their hands to just continuously scav run. I watched Gingerliness on Twitch and she very nearly got 100m in 100 scav runs. That is stupid.

It is easy, but many players still can't do this. What is your proposal to change this? You are only writing "it's stupid", but don't give any fresh ideas.

16. What is the point of the Euro currency?

To buy so items via different currency, Traders have many connections so sometimes maybe they need euros.

17. Spawn points have recently become very close together (last few patches have done this). The amount of times I have bumped into another player with 2 minutes of starting is enormous.

Which map? Did you have late spawn? I've played many raids last time and don't meet any PMCs :D

18. Scav runs are more fun than PMC runs. This doesn't feel right.

Nope. Maybe they are more fun to you? I love PMC runs and for me, I have better joy while playing my PMC.

19. Scav karma doesn't mean a thing in this game and player scavs that killer other player scavs are not punished enough!

It's still first implementation, so I believe it will be developed.

I don't know if you are new player (correct me if I'm wrong, you've said about playing 100 hours). You should spend more time and get to know some mechanics and stuff, like Hideout for example. Don't look at the streamers - they are totally different playerbase. 

On 9/21/2021 at 11:16 PM, paulv2k4 said:

You can shoot someone in the leg 10 times and not kill them

That triggers me so much dude  XD it is really annoying when you meet someone who has good armor and he can take like 15 shots to the chest from your cheapo AK.

11 hours ago, Redbuffalo said:

Anyone that thinks the scav karma is working is wrong.  The guys with -karma don't give a crap about more negative karma.  So what if they have to wait 40 minutes.  They will literally back out of the game and go play something else for that time or just run their pmc, on or offline.  They should be banned from playing as a scav permanently or have that timer literally increased to days, not hours.  Personally I understand why everyone is leaving this game, at least until they add new maps, not gear or weapons or some stupid event that either annoys everyone, or just gives the people that play this 24/7 a chance to get a lot more xp and gear.

Seriously just add a report button for dbag scav and then research and ban the guys abusing this flawed system.

The cooldown timer should quickly devolve into hours and then into days. Make the penalty stiff so you really take a hit if your a traitor. The thing that kills me are the people that pretend to be friendly then shoot you in the head when you turn your back. If your going to be a murderous Scav be a man and shoot on sight. 

13 hours ago, ricacov said:

Factory is HORRIBLE for beginners, intermediate and even advanced players. People only go full geared there if their screen name is "tonyspizza" or with 2 or more friends. I love there and I think twice over a month I have seen a solo player with above tier 4 armor and pen5 ammo.

If your money runs out yes, you can scav or if you are below lv10 without any pain quest done, wipe the account, this can be done on the official website, not the forum. Or join a local discord, people there normally gives weapons and ammo. I once gave 3 bitcoin to a random stranger while I was holding over 20 because the price was too low (270k roubles each).

Factory is a shitshow for sure. I would never go full geared into Factory. It's a sure fire way to lose some nice gear in the first 15 seconds of the raid. 

On 10/9/2021 at 8:40 PM, Sir_Mossy said:

16. A lot of Mechanic's items, as well as several other things, are purchased with euros. You used to be able to purchase weapon cases with euros, but I have no idea if that's still the case or not.

Your opinion of "a lot" is different from mine.

I would say VERY FEW ITEMS FROM ANY TRADER can be bought with Euro's. It is effectively monopoly money and worth basically nothing.

Edited by Fly_Guy8791
Lets Go Brandon

17 hours ago, Fly_Guy8791 said:

Your opinion of "a lot" is different from mine.

I would say VERY FEW ITEMS FROM ANY TRADER can be bought with Euro's. It is effectively monopoly money and worth basically nothing.

I guess they changed it up, since most of Mechanic's weapon attachments used to be purchased with Euros.

Regardless, they are basically end-game currency, since most of the worthwhile things you can buy with them are insanely expensive. Two specific items that fall into this category are weapon cases and item cases. In other words, it's basically used as money to increase stash size, since the only really useful stuff you can get with it is storage expanders.