"Maybe" an anti cheat

AxelFPS

Hi Guys,

First time posting here but i had some thoughts and have come up with an idea that could be a way to stop people with radar, ESP and maybe aim-bot. 

OK see if i can make sense of this. lets just say there are 10 PMC's and 20 SCAV's on a map but there are also 10 invisible AI: SCAV's and 20 AI: PMC's that have god mod and do nothing IE dont shoot anything just walk around as ghosts. so to the naked eye no one would see any different but if you have radar, ESP or aim-bot you would see them and wound not no if that was a player or not and to could make a scripted so if 1 of the invisible AI: PMC/SCAV got head shot'ed more then ones the account could be flagged to a member of stuff to have a look at, as no one should shoot them as we can not see them but flagged, as a lucky shot from a normal player could hit 1 in the head with out knowing.

this is just an idea as i think this would help ruing a Cheaters day. the only down side is this may cores some frame lose but if it stops cheaters ill be happy with a little loss to stop them.

Thanks
AxelFPS

In all honesty, this idea has been suggested about a thousand times in the past few months and, quite frankly, wouldn't do all that much in the means of actually putting a stop to cheaters.

I guarantee that, one way or another, cheaters could find ways to circumnavigate this form of anti-cheat, ESPECIALLY if it's not dynamic and the spots are the same all the time. Nikita himself said that they had already tried measures like this, such as a keycard spawn that is impossible to access and anyone who picks it up gets flagged for a ban, but those only temporarily slow down the cheaters. For instances with invisible AI, cheaters could just tweak their cheats to not be as aggressive towards shooting at people or, on a more technical level, potentially be able to detect what is and isn't a "real" SCAV and disregard them as targets. 

Since a decent amount of cheaters only use them for speed hacking and getting to the hot loot spots first, it would only do something to combat the aggressive PvP-oriented cheaters, and even they could get past it sooner or later. It's not to say that it wouldn't do something, but it would be one of those things that would show a significant uptick in the amount of bans for a short period of time, but ultimately fade away completely in the long run.

• Thanks 1

@Sir_Mossy i understand were you are coming from but now the loot id dynamic now so the hackers are just killing people for there loot :(. i would find it hard to for a cheater to find the difference between a AI: Scav and a AI: invisible Scav. This would only make there Tarkov cheating experience less enjoyable as they will be shooting things that is not there and will not die and will flag up people who have cheats. 

i was only suggesting an idea did dont not if this was all ready brought up in the passed

14 hours ago, Sir_Mossy said:

In all honesty, this idea has been suggested about a thousand times in the past few months and, quite frankly, wouldn't do all that much in the means of actually putting a stop to cheaters.

Thanks for the info Sir_Mossy.  I still think something is better than nothing.  If they frustrate cheaters some (slow them down some though they might circumvent it eventually) that will at least make a dent right?

The part I'm stuck on is how obvious cheaters can be, and still not be banned.  Great example, speed hack, if a player makes it from x-z opens chest, the in game timer would easily show their movement is impossible, and that should be an easy ban.  How do these people get to level 47, keep playing, with no consequence at all?  :/

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 8:44 AM, Datvivar said:

Thanks for the info Sir_Mossy.  I still think something is better than nothing.  If they frustrate cheaters some (slow them down some though they might circumvent it eventually) that will at least make a dent right?

The part I'm stuck on is how obvious cheaters can be, and still not be banned.  Great example, speed hack, if a player makes it from x-z opens chest, the in game timer would easily show their movement is impossible, and that should be an easy ban.  How do these people get to level 47, keep playing, with no consequence at all?  :/

It would almost certainly be a hindrance to them, but the problem is that it most likely wouldn't be for long.

It's a matter of weighing time spent vs total benefit, and I feel as if making invisible SCAV/PMCs to throw off aimbot would fall into the low yield category. For starters, it would be of high importance that the invisible NPCs were placed in locations that couldn't easily be accidentally shot be legitimate players, as well as making sure no unintended consequences arise from it. 

I have no doubt it could be done, but considering how stretched thin the development team is currently, adding on tasks that would have minor payoffs wouldn't be the best idea. I'm sure there are alternative forms of anti-cheat measures that could be taken on, but it's a matter of when it works for the developers so as to not completely overwhelm them.

On 9/28/2021 at 8:30 AM, AxelFPS said:

@Sir_Mossy i understand were you are coming from but now the loot id dynamic now so the hackers are just killing people for there loot :(. i would find it hard to for a cheater to find the difference between a AI: Scav and a AI: invisible Scav. This would only make there Tarkov cheating experience less enjoyable as they will be shooting things that is not there and will not die and will flag up people who have cheats. 

i was only suggesting an idea did dont not if this was all ready brought up in the passed

If I understand the way cheats work properly, it wouldn't be as difficult as you'd think. 

In order for the aimbot to be able to shoot you through walls, doors, or through shrubbery too thick to see through, it has to interface with the game to some extent to gather information such as player position, whether you are an PMC or a SCAV, and things of that sort. It wouldn't be a stretch to assume that cheat makers could, with some amount of effort, make their cheats able to discern between what type of enemy they're shooting at. Since they would almost certainly have to name the "fake" SCAVs something different from the regular SCAVs (so as to not cause confusion or accidental mishaps like spawning invisible SCAVs where visible SCAVs should be), it is safe to assume that they could make the cheat detect the difference and ignore the fakes.

For all I know, this could be wrong, but considering that aimbot (as well as cheats in general) has gotten much more sophisticated, it's no stretch to say that the cheat could bypass an anti-cheat measure like that. 

Edited by Sir_Mossy