Old cut feature about Flea could make much it better and less a "you magically gain access to every item"

lulibul

I am actually not sure if it is indeed a cut feature, but i vaguely remember something said about flea prior to its introduction ingame:

You wouldn't be able to buy things you haven't inspected. 
This could be quite big, as reaching level 20 wouldn't directly allow you to buy the best gear/ammo, as you would need to find and examine it first. and effectively slow down progression
In one of the recent podcast (i think it was in the "Pogcast") Nikita mentioned the possibility to cut the flea into "tiers" to restrain the immediate obtention of every items at once when reaching level 20. This change could fill this goal in a more intuitive and coherent way.

Flea should definitely be tiered.

Being unable to use flea until level 20 is a huge debuff for low level players.

There should be tiers every 5 or 10 levels with items grouped into those tiers that players can then sell/buy.

44 minutes ago, Stromming said:

Flea should definitely be tiered.

Being unable to use flea until level 20 is a huge debuff for low level players.

There should be tiers every 5 or 10 levels with items grouped into those tiers that players can then sell/buy.

Why even keep flea at that point?  They should then just remove it and change what vendors sell at their varying tiers.

They should make flea market something you get towards endgame, namely I think with Intel Center level 3 unlocking flea market, since it'd make people have to work for it, and it'd make sense in a lore and realism sense, flea market only becoming available after you've got a hideout with solid infrastructure and computer power to allow you to access a black market network from your hideout.

• Like 1

I also like the idea of a tiered flea market, it sounds interesting and would make sense - but - would it be good for newer/less skilled players?  I do not think so, so I think the market should remain as it is.  At this point, anything that can be done to help those who need the most help would be a good idea (in general - to grab new players and keep them from leaving through frustration).  Take the lowering of the market to lvl 15 right now.  This helps newer players during the mid wipe times.  Having it at level 20 to start was cool, slowed things down, and opening it up at this point (lowering the free market to 15) is also a good idea. 

So I don't think a change is needed... maybe some sort of discount to a player that has been getting their ass kicked for 5 raids in a row (and has lost 5 kits).  Lol.

Cheers, -Datvi