Anybody else noticing a recent spike in the amount of hackers?

Finnevius

I've noticed a spike in the amount of hackers recently, just got wiped out twice in Shoreline where my character just started to vibrate (taking shots) on my screen when there were no sight lines on me. End screen shows a player with a ridiculous long name just basicly a keyboard smash and that I got killed by a spray of m62

Couldn't hear anything, got shot trough walls without a sightline

Yeah, I have had some legitimate fights recently (that have been super fun) but I  also had two sessions last night where I experienced "radar" hackers.  I was sitting 100% still for 5-10mins, just hiding, because I was scared lol.  Not making a sound and I start having my position pre-naded (and not a bush, like around a corner, a place you would not nade ever really).  Oh and one time I directly go shot through a rock. 

So I feel ya.  I give people a big benefit of the doubt; if there is even a remote possibility I didn't see something, okay, I don't report - but some hacking is just so easily apparent. 

• Like 1

Yea i just got the game and was really enjoying it. It never occurred to me hacking would be so bad. I enjoyed two glorious days before I encountered my first hacker death and tonight i had, i believe, back to back deaths by hackers. I'm glad to know this before all my friends bought the game. I am the Guiney pig, they all where kicking tires but wanted the skinny from some on in the group before they pulled the Triger. I'm going to give it a few more days to see if it gets better but at this point the game is DOA if it stays this bad. Sad stuff i was just starting to master the hot keys .  Question, are they on every map or are some like customs more heavily saturated with hackers than others? 

6 hours ago, bowser253 said:

Question, are they on every map or are some like customs more heavily saturated with hackers than others? 

Depends, they can appear anywhere, but they tend to show up in maps with more rare loot more often (like Labs).  I believe there is a system where people who are not hacking pay a hacker to clear the Labs map for them, so then they can pick up loot and such (essentially carry a noob).  The times I have been killed in Labs it has been wall hacks where I have been hiding in a bathroom, waiting till late raid to see if I can loot anything, and through multiple walls and closed doors I just get lit up and die.  At this point, the majority of my labs runs have had a hacker, where the majority of my runs outside of labs have not. 

Granted, it is really hard to be 100% sure if somebody is using a "radar" (where they can see through walls but not shoot through walls), that might be more common than I think... but again, I tend to give a large benefit of the doubt to people.

Edited by Datvivar
than not then

Yup, been steady playing since my main grind of the first 2 months of eft and it has been all normal poo since it has wound down on the player count. Rat hear chad there lots of good fights then all of a sudden this last week I've noticed the hackers are out runnin a muck. The funny thing is I usually know there hacking but say screw it and at least give it a go and once I peak bam, no matter how quite I am, where I hide, nothing I can do to beat someone who knows exactly where I am. Most of the time there just baiting with nades to get you to come around a corner and one shot you, there still scared to actually go after ppl lol pussies. 

• Like 1

Just now did another interchange run this time zero to hero strat as all I'm seeing is hackers. Was in the locker area and heard ppl running up so I stayed dead quiet and what do you know he tossed a granade right at me without being able to see me lol. Any who I popped out and decked that pussy with my pl-15 lol. Got drilled by his lvl 59 friend but I can tell you these hackers suck balls at this game lol, its a sad life they live.

Here's the clip, was too funny and Ironic to not upload after I was just talking about these retards.

https://youtu.be/5i-pvHPEMJo

3 hours ago, Bushmaster said:

Here's the clip, was too funny and Ironic to not upload after I was just talking about these retards.

Gottem! Great clip. So satisfying taking out sus players.