0.12.11.5 Patch Notes!

XeMuS

> Optimized the formula of calculating Fence reputation penalty when killing Scavs while having a high reputation.

...is this why I just lost 1.47 rep with Fence for accidentally killing a player scav when I was at ~7.4 rep?

"Leaning position was not resetting after moving and pressing the lean key again if the lean key was set to “Press”."

I never thought this would ever get fixed. Even knowing that all it probably took to fix in the code was a single extra character on a single line in the code. Like a "!" or a "=".

I checked and I saw I sold my account almost 2 years ago now so haven't kept up at all. Wondering if they also have fixed more important things like every match having one or usually multiple aimbots in them? Or if shooting a scav in the head instead of killing them just showed how desynced you were from the server?

We're installing a client update to fix a number of bugs. The game will not stop, however on servers undergoing updates raid time may be reduced to 10 minutes. Please download the update via the launcher.

The following bugs have been fixed:

▪️ Sniper Scavs in the Shoreline location were ignoring players;
▪️ Ergonomics stats did not change when adding weapon parts and mods while in a raid;
▪️ The TOZ KS-23M shotgun was hitting below the aiming point;
▪️ Cartridges that had the "Found in raid" status were automatically stacking with cartridges without that status;
▪️ Bots could shoot while changing body positions;
▪️ Bots did not respond to commands after receiving the "Follow me" command.

• Thanks 1

Is the config file thing of a past after the patch? Changes in config file do not change the timestamp(tested by a friend with existing files in Documents), reinstalling of the launcher and the game doesn´t create the folder in Documents anymore, no config file is created.

Is there new location where the config file is stored, or is it stored somewhere internally in the game files? Just curious, since I have reinstalled whole Windows and couldn´t restore my exact settings from backup, so I had to set up everything.

It definately isn´t stored in cloud, since I had default settings once I started the game for the first time.

And yes, I have checked it after launching the game, editing settings, saving it and closing the game. And yes, I have filed a bug report. Just asking for others, because we are all curious about ways how we shall do backups of the configurations in the future

We have started the installation of a client update to fix a number of bugs. The game will not stop, however, the raid time on servers undergoing update may be reduced to 10 minutes. Please download the update via the launcher.

The following issues have been fixed:

•  Shadows within a 500-meter radius were displayed incorrectly after restarting the game;
  •  Ability to throw a grenade through the wall at The Lab location;
  •  Items from the "Mail" tab would not mouse-drag into a container with free space;
  •  Ability to put money into secured containers above the established limit;
  •  Missing error message when trying to install a mod on to a weapon with no free surrounding slots;
  •  Ammo would freeze if player tried to put it into magazines at the Scav item transfer screen;
  •  Missing "slot is not empty" contextual hint when trying to install a weapon mod on to an equipped weapon.

Viewmodel FOV adjustment so the gun isn't in my face would be nice. I'd like to see what I'm holding and more of the map. Having a lower weapon stance would be great too, which I've heard is in the works but dammit if this poo isn't difficult to play right now as it is in its current state.

3 hours ago, Simp_93 said:

Viewmodel FOV adjustment so the gun isn't in my face would be nice. I'd like to see what I'm holding and more of the map. Having a lower weapon stance would be great too, which I've heard is in the works but dammit if this poo isn't difficult to play right now as it is in its current state.

I have never heard of anyone complaining about this before. Sounds like it's a you issue have you tried adjusting your FOV! 

In the next minutes we plan to install an update that will add a new mechanic to the game, called Operational Tasks.

The update installation will take approximately 3 hours, but can be extended if necessary. The game will be unavailable during this period. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If they are daily quest, maybe i will reinstall. I have done like what 6 wipes now how many have there been in 3 years?? Anyways, if i can finally STOP doing the same poop quest over and over, and can just do random task instead, I would probably  reinstall the game, Seriously im not doing your garbage lame quest that force me to play their GRIND game, its like playing 9dragons the chinese MMO all over again.

3 hours ago, XeMuS said:

In the next minutes we plan to install an update that will add a new mechanic to the game, called Operational Tasks.

The update installation will take approximately 3 hours, but can be extended if necessary. The game will be unavailable during this period. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

The update installation is complete. Everyone needs to update the client via the launcher.
Please report any bugs you find through the launcher by clicking the "Report bug" button.

2 hours ago, XeMuS said:

We are aware a Bitcoin farm performance issue and we're already working on fixing it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The issue has been resolved. Please download the update via the launcher.

We've installed a technical client update. The game will not stop, however on servers undergoing updates raid time may be reduced to 10 minutes. Please download the update via the launcher.

On 10/22/2021 at 3:42 AM, Mattd316 said:

I have never heard of anyone complaining about this before. Sounds like it's a you issue have you tried adjusting your FOV! 

It's different than world FoV. It's the view of the model (arm and gun). There have been multiple threads and votes here as well as Reddit. If it doesn't bother you that's great. It's a QoL request rather than something game-breaking.

Please restart the game for these changes to take effect.

New operational tasks with a weekly deadline have been added to the game. There will only be one weekly operational task available for each character.

The first weekly operational task becomes available once your character reaches level 15. At the same time, a task execution countdown starts.

We would like to remind you that if you don't complete an operational task within the allotted time, it will be marked as failed. After a while, it will be replaced with a new operational task from a random trader.

The reward for completing weekly operational tasks is significantly higher than for completing daily operational tasks.

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 1

Tomorrow, November 10, at 10:00 MSK we are planning to install patch 0.12.11.7. The installation will take approximately 4 hours, but may be extended if required. The game will not be accessible during this period.

• Thanks 1

We have started the installation of patch 0.12.11.7. In this patch we have upgraded the game engine from Unity 2018 to Unity 2019.

Upgrading the game engine to a newer version is a complex technical process that may affect all game systems and mechanics, as well as graphics and service modules.

The size of the patch is 7 GB. The reason for this is that during the transition to the new engine version, we have optimized the structure of storing the game data.

This patch doesn’t contain new mechanics, content, or visual changes. However, the transition to a newer version of Unity will allow us to use new graphics, gameplay, and network technologies in the future and will also facilitate further optimization of the game client and speed up the development of Escape from Tarkov.

• Thanks 1

The patch installation is complete.

We would like to remind that in this patch we have migrated to Unity 2019 and it does not contain any new game mechanics, content, graphics changes or optimization. All of this, including DLSS, is planned to be released in upcoming patches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 1