Are USEC and Bear supposed to fight each other? How Bear and USEC can find each other?

Weedburner

Are PMC Enemys ? Atm.. when i hear a other Player and i know he must have heard me too... i use the f1 speach command and just say something with my Guy in English... 

and when i get no or a Russian Answer i shoot...  until now this was always correct and all russians where Scav.

But what is with the Bear Guys ? How  am i supposed to find out who is Bear ? Do i get penatly for shooting Bear PMC as USEC? 

It would help when Scavs would look more Civilian but often you get Scavs with 6l3 Armor and AK74´s so they look very military on normal spotting Ranges and i have no Idea if that Guy is Scav or not... so the only reliable way to find out is basically saying something in English and waiting if you get an answer...

For as it stands rn yes and no. In lore bears and usec are enemies but in the game everyone is your enemy for now. Bears are enemies of bears or friendly if the player decides to be. same for usec for usec. Now bear v usec at this moment can go both ways. 

There is no standing penalty for shooting same side faction as of rn but will be in the future. If you shoot a bear as a usec you will recieve no penalty as you are usec. same goes for bear if shooting a usec. so rn it doesnt matter until full release on who you shoot as a pmc. 

but once game releases you cannot shoot same side faction or be penalized atleast from my understanding.

1 hour ago, PitViper said:

but once game releases you cannot shoot same side faction or be penalized atleast from my understanding.

I would really love to know how that's going to be implemented into the release version of the game... it's difficult enough at the moment to work out who is who.

Well only Pmc  have this Armband Slot... so at least one can use that to show that youre pmc even when youre so broken that you look like a Scav ;) 

And yes by Lore they where Enemies... BUT they are Mercs... so when they dont get paid anymore ... why should they fight ?

In compareable real Life Scenarios... when the conflict ended the Mercenaries usually fly home in the same Plane dont matter if they fought for Rebels or President in the Conflicts.

The big PMC Bosses know each other they would not have any interest in loosing Personel or Equipment when its not paid for... so they would scramble to the satelite Phones to make sure all Fighting Stops between their personel.

Some of the People who work for PMC are just to valueable... you always can find People who can handle an Assault Rifle... but finding Pilots and Ship Captains, Artillery People who you can trust a Mortar without the Danger of shooting short etc...

You dont find such People easy and the PMC would for sure try to evac them.

On 10/12/2021 at 2:08 PM, Trooper117 said:

I would really love to know how that's going to be implemented into the release version of the game... it's difficult enough at the moment to work out who is who.

it is including at mega distance there are really no hard differences when walking around and looking at people.

Playing as Scav is nice, other Scavs usually dont shoot at me. But as PMC... i dont try to team up or make me noteable anymore... i just avoid and evade other PMC.. till now they always shot at me.... all PMC seem to have the mindset that everyone else on the Map is fair Game... i do that too now... except when i think the other Guy is friendly... like when he hears my steps... and then say something.... the Mumble Chat thing automatically becomes agressive when enemy is close... so Bear Guys start to shout "URRAA" and USEC something like "duck you".. when you use this mumble function close to enemy.

That way you can find out if the other Guy is PMC and if hes Bear or Usec

Oh and the Quick-Reaction Chat changes too ... when youre USEC and watch at a other USEC the "Y-Chat" turns to "i cooperate" ... that way you can quick judge who youre aiming at too

• Like 1