Scav on Scav kills need a much larger penalty

Cowasaur

I have probably been killed by other player scavs 19 of my last 20 runs. I always make friends but they constantly betray me when I am looting a bag or body. I go into these raids with good scav karma and cannot increase it because I am constantly being killed and cannot fight back for fear of losing fence reputation. My ideas would be:

Killing a friendly player scav should be a much more harsh penalty like -.25

or

Killing a traitor scav should have a higher reward

or 

If the rep stays the way it is maybe have it keep adding up until you do something to get negative, for example: you have received a positive .01 for raid #1, that then adds to your next positive raid where you earned another positive .01 so for raid #2 you get positive .01+.01=.02 for a "streak bonus.

Mainly I think there should be hash penalties for killing player scavs

• Upvote 2

Agreed, though I think setting someone back 25 raids for one maybe accidental friendly scav kill (the -.25 you mention) is too harsh.  Sometimes I have had someone scar the pants off me and I get into a firefight and kill them. 

Outside of that point, I think a lot of people agree with you (including myself) and you have a nice thought with the "streak" thing.  That's a cool idea.

My main idea has been to increase the cooldown of the scav timer after a raid where you kill a friendly scav.  I think that is fair across the board and would be a better deterrent to those who are just douchebags trying to steal your guns/loot.  :)

Cheers, - Datvi

That would probably help except if you had a bunch of good loot and other scavs saw you , the loot may be worth the cooldown for them. But I do like the idea. For example I just killed a raider for myself and another player scav. When I was looting one and letting him loot the other he turned and shot me when I started looting.

Edited by Cowasaur

Yeah that really sucks.  The most dangerous time to loot is when another player scav is nearby haha. 

Thanks btw.  I think in the long run, if you multiply it out, though a scav might make a douche-y choice from time to time, kill you and take your gear because they think it is worth the longer scav timer, that does mean that douche-y player scav will be in raids less often.  Apply that to every "friendly" scav across the game, and I think you will find a lot less bad scavs in raids. 

I'm sure they will fix Scav Karma in time - I just hope BSG is reading our posts.  ;)

I'm also getting really annoyed with Player SCAVs killing me especially during looting. Mostly happens when I just spawn in and come across the 1st / 2nd dead body and only just start getting something half decent. I just died during a SCAV run now thanks to 2 Player SCAVs that killed me for my stuff ( I had a pilgrim backpack and was on my own so I was an easy target) but like what is the point in SCAV runs if other player SCAVs kill me for my stuff and the rep I get from fence doesn't change. It's almost like the whole mode is just pointless with the way it's currently setup. At this rate I'm just going to start killing every SCAV (player or not) and not give 2 craps about the rep with fence or the cooldown time for SCAV runs.