Persistance? Never wipe?

Speznat

Will persistance maybe come in 2022.

They could also do that just the examine items and the skills of the char will be persistance forever form nowe on and than they cna patch in all the stuff later, I mean even loot changes are no problem all the weapons and stuff have durability. I dont get it why they patch all there content not later in. were is the problem.

It dont go into my head why they need to wipe. I really dont get it. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Speznat said:

To keep streamers and no lifers entretained Because huge changes like factory expansion, boss and scav karma call for wiping the PMC.

And don't worry, it will not come in 2022. Honestly us regs would have so much more incentive to keep playing and doing shooter born in heaven and tarkov shooter 8 if our promised kappa would not be deleted.

• Upvote 1

As a matter of course, I don't know the actual reasons they wipe. But anytime the database has edits, there has to be a wipe to reset the whole thing. There are several other technical reasons, but this is *usually* why.

I like the idea of persisting the inspected items between wipes so you don't need to inspect all of the trader items etc every wipe.

9 hours ago, Speznat said:

They could also do that just the examine items and the skills of the char will be persistance forever form nowe on and than they cna patch in all the stuff later, I mean even loot changes are no problem all the weapons and stuff have durability. I dont get it why they patch all there content not later in. were is the problem.

You seem to post a lot about this topic, and have made several threads on it.

I'll save you some time.

This game will die before they stop the wipes. Just like it will always be in "beta". As long as people keep acting like this is a "beta" version of the game and not a functionally released game, we will have wipes.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tokomi said:

I don't know the actual reasons they wipe.

We don't need to know what's in their kitchen. ;)

They just have to provide goodies to players. :)

Never ending wipes?... it's a possibility.

What would make a difference to many worried about constant wipes, well, if BSG could tell us, even in a ball park figure, when they believe the game will be properly released... at least then we would have something to go on.

BSG has discussed having seasonal characters that get wiped at the end of a "season" of Tarkov, which would be in addition to the permanent PMC characters you would have access to.

It's not my kind of thing, but does sound interesting.

I'm glad they have confirmed wipes will stay for people that want 'em. I'd be bored to death without wipes. No fun for me personally when you have 1B+ Roubles and have to delete slicks because you run out of space etc.

It's nice to start new every now and then.

13 hours ago, TarkovCitizen4431498 said:

It's nice to start new every now and then.

Yes, if you are right up there with the big boys who play all day... but no if you are like the majority who never get to those lofty heights because we get 'wiped' before we get to the real top end...

On 10/16/2021 at 4:33 AM, Speznat said:

Persistent servers will become available only after Full Release of EFT and this is not going to happen in 2022 for sure.

On 10/16/2021 at 4:33 AM, Speznat said:

You do not have to understand exact reasons or how software development process works. You are playing unfinished game in active development - this means devs may reset progress whenever they need to introduce incompatible changes and they do not have to care and waste their time on preserving progress and support for outdated versions. If you do not like it - wait for the full release.

On 10/16/2021 at 11:48 PM, Trooper117 said:

if BSG could tell us, even in a ball park figur

Nikita already mentioned that BSG has internal deadline planned for Full Release but they do not want to share it until Streets of Tarkov map is released. Also Nikita promised to share roadmap and ETA to Full Release after SoT map, armor hitboxes  and customizable rigs are implemented.

The following are my personal speculations, so take it with a grain of salt: Suburbs and Town maps are cut from main EFT game and moved to DLCs, so we have only 3 maps left unimplemented:

1) Lighthouse - should be released this year (at least partial version of this map that will be expanded later)

2) Streets of Tarkov - were planned for end of this year, but delayed till first half of 2022, most likely around summer(likely will be released in 3-4 chunks gradually expanding playable area)

3) Terminal - not in active development yet, most likely work will be started after Lighthouse. so I would expect this map not earlier than end of 2022. probably spring-summer 2023

With these 3 maps are in place about 1 year will be needed to add and polish storyline quests and progression, so my personal expectation for Full Release at the moment - spring 2024, but could be delayed later if SoT map will get more delays

• Thanks 1

vor 19 Stunden schrieb Andrudis:

Persistent servers will become available only after Full Release of EFT and this is not going to happen in 2022 for sure.

You do not have to understand exact reasons or how software development process works. You are playing unfinished game in active development - this means devs may reset progress whenever they need to introduce incompatible changes and they do not have to care and waste their time on preserving progress and support for outdated versions. If you do not like it - wait for the full release.

Nikita already mentioned that BSG has internal deadline planned for Full Release but they do not want to share it until Streets of Tarkov map is released. Also Nikita promised to share roadmap and ETA to Full Release after SoT map, armor hitboxes  and customizable rigs are implemented.

The following are my personal speculations, so take it with a grain of salt: Suburbs and Town maps are cut from main EFT game and moved to DLCs, so we have only 3 maps left unimplemented:

1) Lighthouse - should be released this year (at least partial version of this map that will be expanded later)

2) Streets of Tarkov - were planned for end of this year, but delayed till first half of 2022, most likely around summer(likely will be released in 3-4 chunks gradually expanding playable area)

3) Terminal - not in active development yet, most likely work will be started after Lighthouse. so I would expect this map not earlier than end of 2022. probably spring-summer 2023

With these 3 maps are in place about 1 year will be needed to add and polish storyline quests and progression, so my personal expectation for Full Release at the moment - spring 2024, but could be delayed later if SoT map will get more delays

for me it sounds

full release = devs finished with the game 

dotn continue development and start next game devloping.

WOW. why they cant patch in the content later like other games do for example mortal online. Why do they have to wipe all the time its not nessary. 

Even if they change things like drops and stuff. all weapons and vests and stuff have durability so it will balance it self out overtime when something earlier was unbalanced.

I just dont get your mindset in defending poo wipe mechanics. 

• Sad 1